Corney Out

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe be not allowed to say until it comes from SC himself.

Surely that wouldn't be the case and equally, the manager is bound to know given the impact it has on his job. The embargo will still be in place but, with others leaving, we will be able to sign one or two loan replacements.

Surely that wouldn't be the case and equally, the manager is bound to know given the impact it has on his job. The embargo will still be in place but, with others leaving, we will be able to sign one or two loan replacements.

We can't sign loan replacements. We can't make any signings while under embargo. It doesn't matter if they are loans or permanent.

Guest nonaenever

Well, as I`ve mentioned on another thread, the Chairman was very upbeat after the game - obviously not happy with the current league position but sees ​"nothing that 3 or 4 new players won't sort out."

I have no idea about the embargo situation but that quote is obviously a very positive one for us.

You can sign under embargo but only at a percentage of what you were paying released players, financially your restrained from spending more than you already were, im not sure if this applies to permanent or loan signings but you can sign some players.

You can sign under embargo but only at a percentage of what you were paying released players, financially your restrained from spending more than you already were, im not sure if this applies to permanent or loan signings but you can sign some players.

Sure I read somewhere if one goes you can only pay new one 25% of what outgoing player was on

Mastap, it isn't merely about wanting corney out its about wanting a better committment from him to the future of the club - some communication, some evidence that he can and wants to turn this around.

I for one could not care less about what the owners of Blackburn et al have done, the fact remains we are appear to be in terminal decline under the current regime. We have as much reason to feel as pissed off about our situation and how our club has been managed as anyone.

What can we do? Well that's another question and I don't currently have an answer.

That's the thing, I'm not Corney's biggest fan, but you don't have the answer, nor do I. The thing is until we do, staging protests that are likely to make us look like an 'ugly' club to potential buyers, is likely to damage our situation rather than better it.

Change is definitely needed, but there's no point saying how bad a disease is if no-one is looking for a cure!

Heard from a very reliable source that Corney was mightily pissed off with Robinson for telling the Chron about the meal cutting after the Lincoln defeat.

Might be on the right lines there BP...

The team looked hungry today, maybe SR was right?

That's the thing, I'm not Corney's biggest fan, but you don't have the answer, nor do I. The thing is until we do, staging protests that are likely to make us look like an 'ugly' club to potential buyers, is likely to damage our situation rather than better it.

Change is definitely needed, but there's no point saying how bad a disease is if no-one is looking for a cure!

So, basically you're saying, lets do nothing?

People are doing something though they have stopped going in their droves, that's the bit you can do as a fan and it's the one hurting the chairman most, losing the odd fan or two has never been a problem for Corney but losing a thousand or two makes a huge difference.

People are doing something though they have stopped going in their droves, that's the bit you can do as a fan and it's the one hurting the chairman most, losing the odd fan or two has never been a problem for Corney but losing a thousand or two makes a huge difference.

But what does that actually help change? I see what you're saying but all it does is further ruin the budget

It helps or changes nothing but there lies the problem as someone else has put it on here its ever decreasing circles and the Chairman who is the only one who can really influence needs to find a way of turning it around because fans are making there own minds up if everything stays the way it is.

Guest nonaenever

What's Luke Beckett doing these days? Even in a bath chair he would score more than this crew.

Superb in his time but will be over 40 years old now

It is no secret that TTA would like to get out but have decided to hang on in the hope that some money will come their way.

It is no secret that Corney has taken on the football club and yes he is a fan.

The idea that they are taking the football club for every penny doesn't stack up because of the decision to 'build' the unfinished Great White Elephant. They must I think have persuaded themselves that this would make the club more saleable when in fact the opposite is probably true.

Having an unfinished stand which appears to have sucked money out of the football club rather than putting extra money in is a disaster because Plan A,B,C etc (they are all the same) to keep our league 1 status are now seriously in doubt. It is a disaster because clearly funds for the unfinished stand dried up and this impacted (to use a neutral term) on the football club which has resulted in a further sharp decline in support and a downward financial spiral.

The only asset the football club has is its football league status. If the buffer of league 2 is taken away by the looming relegation actual rather than virtual (due to debts to TTA) administration would then tip us out of the league.

As bad as some of you think Corney is we need him unless a buyer can be found.

It is no secret that TTA would like to get out but have decided to hang on in the hope that some money will come their way.

It is no secret that Corney has taken on the football club and yes he is a fan.

The idea that they are taking the football club for every penny doesn't stack up because of the decision to 'build' the unfinished Great White Elephant. They must I think have persuaded themselves that this would make the club more saleable when in fact the opposite is probably true.

Having an unfinished stand which appears to have sucked money out of the football club rather than putting extra money in is a disaster because Plan A,B,C etc (they are all the same) to keep our league 1 status are now seriously in doubt. It is a disaster because clearly funds for the unfinished stand dried up and this impacted (to use a neutral term) on the football club which has resulted in a further sharp decline in support and a downward financial spiral.

The only asset the football club has is its football league status. If the buffer of league 2 is taken away by the looming relegation actual rather than virtual (due to debts to TTA) administration would then tip us out of the league.

As bad as some of you think Corney is we need him unless a buyer can be found.

A fan? Is he :censored:.