Chinese investors...

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope his Brassbank exposé is more than just "there are multiple companies with crossovers of ownership and it might be dodgy but I've not found any proper evidence that it is".

It has to be more; he wouldn't set the hares running with his tweet if it was something already assumed already. Seemed more like a "screw me? Right, I'll now screw your" tweet.

I do hope his Brassbank exposé is more than just "there are multiple companies with crossovers of ownership and it might be dodgy but I've not found any proper evidence that it is".

I'd have thought journalists have to make sure they have some evidence or their paper could be open to libel.

Edited by BP1960

If that's what it is (and it probably will be) the article will, sadly, get a lot of attention from other uninitiated football fans for a day or two.

There'll be nothing new there for anyone who actually supports the club & cares but Keegan will get a pat on the back from his bosses for (rightly or wrongly) casting OAFC in a negative light yet again and getting big "hits" off the back of it.

But, according to some of you, he's just one of us and he only does all this because he "cares so much" about the club. :lol:

Isn't it, so nothing to be concerned about?

I absolutely did not say or hint at any such thing.

It's just deflecting, and to get the fans stirred up. He's doing his job of selling newspapers/getting clicks.

Edited by singe

I didn't mean that LL, I meant about causing idle speculation (he hasn't, he's been very factual but that was because he was careful) and fanning the flames before everyone has agreed the minutes. Clearly if it had been said and it had been recorded it would be out in the open. Plus we don't know it is the same Martin Lee as speculated, so by stating what was said on his own might be giving credence to identifying someone mistakenly. Not a biggy, just being careful.

I only meant it like if the Trust had a meeting and someone came on here and said everything in not quite the right context, which has happened.

I wasn't proposing it being secret, and it wasn't that secret as said in an earlier post, they were in fulls scarves, went to Nandos and OEC etc.

Q. E. D.

Dick is being polite! Actually once said to the words to me "I'm not blowing my own trumpet but me and Matt Chambers are the best journalists the club has ever had!" To which I pointed out that he was indeed blowing his own trumpet! Not the first and last run in I've had with the guy but he's one first class bellend.

He was right though...

All anti-Keegan now. He seems alright to me. Gives a :censored: like the rest of us. Not necessarilly conducive to impartial journalism but at least he tries to keep us in the loop. Not his fault that its been received badly.

Absolutely. There was no criticism of the article before the club's embarrassing tantrum.

Sharing this random gossip from some old geezer at yesterdays match. He said Taylor in next week and the Chinese have bought at 30% stake. Fairly concise I thought!!

EDIT: Also they provided the 100K for Holloway

Edited by Lags

Sharing this random gossip from some old geezer at yesterdays match. He said Taylor in next week and the Chinese have bought at 30% stake. Fairly concise I thought!!

EDIT: Also they provided the 100K for Holloway

If another £500,000 is spent before the transfer deadline I might be convinced.