Chinese investors...

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was awesome though wasn't it!!!

Perfect chips, cheese and onion pie the best ever known to mankind and jam rolly polly pudding and custard to die for.

All this followed after lunch by a visit to BP to watch Alan Groves destroy defences.

Mind you, the Chinese restaurant at the bottom of Yorkshire Street, I think it was The New Moon was pretty good too

Edited by BP1960

Was it the Nando's at Elk Mill or the new one at the cinema?

The plot thickens.

Elk Mill. (If that was a serious question.)

Served them myself, found SC to be a very nice guy - had a chat about the game on Saturday and then the game that night, his eyes lit up when I said I was a ST holder.

I might be on my own in thinking him sticking around when/if investment comes in might just be a good thing. He's balanced the books on the whole over the last 10 years or so, whilst always backing his managers (apart from Dunn...)

Going to put my tin hat on now and wait for the abuse to roll in...

Perfect chips, cheese and onion pie the best ever known to mankind and jam rolly polly pudding and custard to die for.

All this followed after lunch by a visit to BP to watch Alan Groves destroy defences.

Mind you, the Chinese restaurant at the bottom of Yorkshire Street, I think it was The New Moon was pretty good too

To this day I'll never know how that chippy was so damned good! If I remember right, the chease and onion pie was sold in slices, pizza style?

There also used to be a bakers on London Road, Derker, that sold the most to-die-for egg and sausage buts on oven-bottoms. Dribbling at the thought...

Elk Mill. (If that was a serious question.)

Served them myself, found SC to be a very nice guy - had a chat about the game on Saturday and then the game that night, his eyes lit up when I said I was a ST holder.

I might be on my own in thinking him sticking around when/if investment comes in might just be a good thing. He's balanced the books on the whole over the last 10 years or so, whilst always backing his managers (apart from Dunn...)

Going to put my tin hat on now and wait for the abuse to roll in...

I'll put my tin hat on too, but I agree with you, my preferred option is for additional investment that sees SC still stick around.

I'll put my tin hat on too, but I agree with you, my preferred option is for additional investment that sees SC still stick around.

Same here.

We know (I think) that while he's here, we won't get :censored:ed over by foreign ownership.

I'd like to think that the only thing making Corney look a clown is his lack of money and with some added investment as well as another couple of business minds to bounce off, it could be quite successful.

Here's hoping.

What's funny? The town is progressing. Albeit slowly.

This may be so commercially, however in true bantz style the community shoots itself in the foot once again.

<general broadcast>

I've had to remove two racist comments from this thread by request, Please could we at least act like we're the most intelligent species on the planet by dragging ourselves out of the seventies? Otherwise, MailOnline is over there...

Cheers.

This may be so commercially, however in true bantz style the community shoots itself in the foot once again.

<general broadcast>

I've had to remove two racist comments from this thread by request, Please could we at least act like we're the most intelligent species on the planet by dragging ourselves out of the seventies? Otherwise, MailOnline is over there...

Cheers.

Agreed. However if they were to read this board and see this post they'll know about it anyway. May be best to just remove it all and tell people to just behave.

I preferred the homemade meat!!....incidentally, why the hell did it cease trading?

Reference to our Chinese guests on Tuesday.......

Mike Keegan‏ @MikeKeegan_DM

@dancingdickie Not one to get carried away but I'm told all went to plan yesterday.

11:50 am · 25 Jan 2017

Edited by oafc1955

To this day I'll never know how that chippy was so damned good! If I remember right, the chease and onion pie was sold in slices, pizza style?

There also used to be a bakers on London Road, Derker, that sold the most to-die-for egg and sausage buts on oven-bottoms. Dribbling at the thought...

The pies were home made to her own recipe every day by a lady who worked in the shop.

I preferred the homemade meat!!....incidentally, why the hell did it cease trading?

Harry Butterworth retired and handed it over, most of the regular staff left including the home made pies lady.

It was never the same after that.

Like the Latics, when the quality goes so does a lot of support.

Edited by BP1960

Can he own own clubs, albeit in different countries?

I had abit of a delve about this.

Basically (and not going through line by line) they can if it's not a UK League, down to Northern Premier League Level.

It all comes down to conflicts of interest, such as relatives in TV company etc

Can't see anything that would cause a problem from an initial look.

Still almost too good to be true. Looong way to go yet, I am sure there will be dozens of options for them.

http://www.efl.com/global/section10.aspx