Chinese investors...

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I entirely disagree. If Mr Corney is telling a group of people who he wouldn't know from Adam (apart from NNN) important confidential information that is insane. If doing so is a reason not to record what was meant to be a free and open public discussion then so much the worse.

I didn't mean that LL, I meant about causing idle speculation (he hasn't, he's been very factual but that was because he was careful) and fanning the flames before everyone has agreed the minutes. Clearly if it had been said and it had been recorded it would be out in the open. Plus we don't know it is the same Martin Lee as speculated, so by stating what was said on his own might be giving credence to identifying someone mistakenly. Not a biggy, just being careful.

I only meant it like if the Trust had a meeting and someone came on here and said everything in not quite the right context, which has happened.

I wasn't proposing it being secret, and it wasn't that secret as said in an earlier post, they were in fulls scarves, went to Nandos and OEC etc.

Edited by singe

You've got to imagine too big for us, realistically. He could have a pick of football clubs. Maybe just maybe we get some luck we are due,

I imagine they are in the UK/Europe looking at a number of clubs and we've managed to get them to come to BP for a game.

Highly doubt anything will come of it and personally I hope it doesn't.

You've got to imagine too big for us, realistically. He could have a pick of football clubs. Maybe just maybe we get some luck we are due,

Can he own two clubs, albeit in different countries?

Edited by BP1960

Is it just me or are people really getting ahead of themselves on this thread? Have I missed something or is the full extent of what we know that a couple of Chinese fellers attended the game as Corney's guests? And that they were taken for some ropey, overpriced chicken?

Is it just me or are people really getting ahead of themselves on this thread? Have I missed something or is the full extent or what we know that a couple of Chinese fellers attended the game as Corney's guests? And that they were taken for some ropey, overpriced chicken?

Leave the chicken out of this.

Is it just me or are people really getting ahead of themselves on this thread? Have I missed something or is the full extent of what we know that a couple of Chinese fellers attended the game as Corney's guests? And that they were taken for some ropey, overpriced chicken?

Exactly why go to nandos.

If you ignore the fact that Corney invested circa £25,000 to get as many people into the ground as possible, you could be right.

I can't believe I'm even typing this - but it's totally possible that the Chinese millionaires asked for Corney to take them to Nando's cos they like it.

The lack of any mention of them in the Chron is very interesting - and in my opinion would only happen at the request of the club.

Maybe he wanted to show the potential new investors that oldham as a town is also progressing.. trams, new cinema etc

You've got to imagine too big for us, realistically. He sponsors the whole

Portugese Premier League! He could have a pick of football clubs. Maybe just maybe we get some luck we are due.

Not necessarily...he bought a struggling Aussie team in the Newcastle jets for 5million Australian dollars and their fan base isnt massive. So who knows we might be pleasantly surprised although knowing our luck Scholesy might try and poach them to invest into Salford fc.

What's funny? The town is progressing. Albeit slowly.

Have you been to the new cinema? It's fantastic. That good in fact, I've been back 3 times and eaten in each of the restaurants.

I still preferred Butterworth's chippy.

What's funny? The town is progressing. Albeit slowly.

Have you been to the new cinema? It's fantastic. That good in fact, I've been back 3 times and eaten in each of the restaurants.

Have you been to Hong Kong or Shenzhen?

I'd imagine if SC took them out to see a cinema and some trams as part of his pitch they might not have even made it to Nando's :lol: