Sheff Utd Home Game

I be amazed if Bolton bring more than 3K.

Prepare to be amazed. They'll fill the JFS fairly easily.

Echo deyeres sentiments. Pick a home end and stick with it. Does any other club piss their own supporters about and give their home end away like us? If this is the way you want it just make the Chaddy the permanent home.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigger picture sometimes, every game crucial now and yet we are thinking only of the pound signs, it's wrong.

Bigger picture, £50k we don't have to find elsewhere. For all the Anti-Corney sentiment on here, who do you think funds the losses? It's annoying and an inconvenience to fans who sit there but we aren't in a position to turn down money.

When asked on the phone in back in Jan, Mark Moisley was very forthright about the reasons we would not be moving back to the Chaddy, the primary one being that home fans in the JFS were continuously inconvenienced by being asked to move 2 or 3 times a year when there were bigger followings. Ahem... :petesake:

Like NewBlue says, just pick one and stick with it, or just continue to open yourself up to (valid) criticism. The more home fans in one place, the better anyway, having 3,000 plus fans sporadically spread across 3 stands is hardly conducive to a good atmosphere.

Edited by Chorlton_Latic

Bigger picture, £50k we don't have to find elsewhere. For all the Anti-Corney sentiment on here, who do you think funds the losses? It's annoying and an inconvenience to fans who sit there but we aren't in a position to turn down money.

50k a drop in the ocean compared to relegation.

And whilst a fan has never yet scored a goal we should be looking to keep every little advantage we have at this stage.

When asked on the phone in back in Jan, Mark Moisley was very forthright about the reasons we would not be moving back to the Chaddy, the primary one being that home fans in the JFS were continuously inconvenienced by being asked to move 2 or 3 times a year when there were bigger followings. Ahem... :petesake:

Like NewBlue says, just pick one and stick with it, or just continue to open yourself up to (valid) criticism. The more home fans in one place, the better anyway, having 3,000 plus fans sporadically spread across 3 stands is hardly conducive to a good atmosphere.

This is the issue with this club. They should've come out when the debate about Chaddy/JFS happened and said explicitly: 'if there's a large following expected we'll continue to switch home fans between stands.'

That might have made a difference as to whether fans wanted to make the JFS the home end or not. It's piss-poor communication. I'm not a season ticket holder and when I potd I sit in the Main stand, so it doesn't really bother me, but looking from a more neutral perspective you've got to laugh at how :censored: this is for supporters once again when it could've been avoided.

One positive may be that the singing section could move to the North Stand closest to the JFS and create a good atmosphere.

50k a drop in the ocean compared to relegation.

And whilst a fan has never yet scored a goal we should be looking to keep every little advantage we have at this stage.

The fans I'm sure will be up for a clash against Sheffield United, like they have the last few home games since Shez came back. Plus if it was always about the money Clarke would have been gone in January. Being offered money for him when his contract is up at the end of the season?

The fans I'm sure will be up for a clash against Sheffield United, like they have the last few home games since Shez came back. Plus if it was always about the money Clarke would have been gone in January. Being offered money for him when his contract is up at the end of the season?

So if it's not always about the money then make those 6000 empty seats more affordable or give them away.

We should treat the games like away days, get everyone who wants to get behind the team stood behind the goal and try to get a great away day atmosphere going.

Better off doing that for this weekend against Bury - far bigger game.

There's simply no point for Sheffield United and Bolton. Make as much of a din as you want but being outnumbered at a home game means you're wasting your time.

Edited by NewBlue

Instead of writing :censored: like that come up with a better solution to find that sort of cash.

How about not kicking Latics fans out of the home end in the first place???

That alone has lost plenty of ST holders in one fell swoop! I know loads who had an ST in the Chaddy but pick and choose their games now. I'd say we've lost a lot more than £50,000 in recent years due to another divisive decision.

I think we might need to revisit the home end preference here if the club are saying that if a big following comes then we can't accommodate them in the Chaddy then realistically they shouldn't want us in the RRE as the home end

Will the Gate 16 gang now be renamed sheepfoot lane turnstiles for 2 games?