Sheff Utd Home Game

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

There's barely anything on that SU forum that hasn't been said on here

Agreed. There are also a number of posts on there that are fair and rational. Just like this board...

One thing for the Sheffield United fans though... there are not many (if any) of us Oldham fans who actually like or want the pitch to be that bad. We know it is a disgrace but adapt accordingly. Just like the blades tried to do on Saturday. We were just better at it on the day.

Good luck in the Championship. Hopefully you learned a little about survival from the game... you may need it next season.

Edited by TheBigDog

Just read some of the comments on their site, they call us ignorant, thick and all sorts of other names, then one of them says Oldham are twinned with Ian Brady and Myra Hindley. If you use the names of child murderers to take a swipe at another club then just how low on the evolutionary scale must you be.  Engaging in this childish ritual of slating other clubs and their fans because you didn't win is one thing, but that sort of comment is the work of a very sick-minded individual.

14 minutes ago, Damian_Thorn said:

Just read some of the comments on their site, they call us ignorant, thick and all sorts of other names, then one of them says Oldham are twinned with Ian Brady and Myra Hindley. If you use the names of child murderers to take a swipe at another club then just how low on the evolutionary scale must you be.  Engaging in this childish ritual of slating other clubs and their fans because you didn't win is one thing, but that sort of comment is the work of a very sick-minded individual.

This from a bunch of twats that dishonoured the minutes silence and thought the best and most respectful thing to counter it would be to shout " shurrup you fucking nob heads " and then start clapping that before the refs whistle. 

I see people on here defending it, by saying it was on the concourse. But you don't see silence you fucking hear it ! Did they not think wow it's gone quiet all of a sudden let's get some atmosphere going. Sorry I'm not buying it

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

This is part of the problem with social media it is so easy to insult people and share it with the world, truth is there are properly just a big as propitiation of idiots at most clubs, their big club arrogance comes from them being a big club for this level. We would be the same if we were in League 2 or lower, as for the match I think it was a fairly even game. It shows how well we did that a draw felt almost disappointing, I wonder if Wilson hadn't gone off at HT if we would have held on,

Ripley-made his customary top save or two, he's become so consistently good his performances no longer stand out. 7

Wilson-Making a late shout for player of the season, what a turnaround from him. 7

Clake-Felt he worked really well in the back three and even threw in the odd piece of attacking play, to keep Sharp and Hanson out takes some doing. 7

Gerrard-One moment of stupid play in our box aside, he was solid again. 6

Law-Should of scored, but I think overall he showed he is a good choice as back up for Wilson at RB. 6

Taylor-Some great crosses, and closer to the old Taylor. 7

Green-Where has he come from? What an improvement, easily our best in CM now. 7

Banks-Better but still some piss poor moments, keep improving though and we might have a good player. 6

Fane-Pushed further forward than usual, and looked uncomfortable there, worked hard just lacked any end product. 5

Tope-What a find, he was always a danger, and his goal was the type of finish that we have missed all season. 8

Erwin-Another who has made drastic improvements, no goal, but worked well on and off the ball. 7

Edmundson-Thrown and looked totally out of his depth at first, could and should of done more for their goal. Recovered well, though, he is potentially a very good defender. 5

Ngoo-Wasn't on for long enough, but his job ok.

Flynn-Wasn't on long enough, but going off previous performances he is the biggest let down this season.

28 minutes ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

This is part of the problem with social media it is so easy to insult people and share it with the world, truth is there are properly just a big as propitiation of idiots at most clubs, their big club arrogance comes from them being a big club for this level. We would be the same if we were in League 2 or lower, as for the match I think it was a fairly even game. It shows how well we did that a draw felt almost disappointing, I wonder if Wilson hadn't gone off at HT if we would have held on,

Ripley-made his customary top save or two, he's become so consistently good his performances no longer stand out. 7

Wilson-Making a late shout for player of the season, what a turnaround from him. 7

Clake-Felt he worked really well in the back three and even threw in the odd piece of attacking play, to keep Sharp and Hanson out takes some doing. 7

Gerrard-One moment of stupid play in our box aside, he was solid again. 6

Law-Should of scored, but I think overall he showed he is a good choice as back up for Wilson at RB. 6

Taylor-Some great crosses, and closer to the old Taylor. 7

Green-Where has he come from? What an improvement, easily our best in CM now. 7

Banks-Better but still some piss poor moments, keep improving though and we might have a good player. 6

Fane-Pushed further forward than usual, and looked uncomfortable there, worked hard just lacked any end product. 5

Tope-What a find, he was always a danger, and his goal was the type of finish that we have missed all season. 8

Erwin-Another who has made drastic improvements, no goal, but worked well on and off the ball. 7

Edmundson-Thrown and looked totally out of his depth at first, could and should of done more for their goal. Recovered well, though, he is potentially a very good defender. 5

Ngoo-Wasn't on for long enough, but his job ok.

Flynn-Wasn't on long enough, but going off previous performances he is the biggest let down this season.

Wilson only plays 45 and get a higher mark than Gerrard despite and goal saving challenge in the 2nd half?

I thought Fane was excellent and was the catalyst for our goal winning the ball, beating a man and playing a ball across to Green...5?

Biggest mystery to me recently is the new found form of Paul Green who looks like the player I remember facing us in the past, he looks a new man under Shez and was everywhere on Saturday, total opposite to the leggy lacklustre version who turned out for Robbo, him and Fane did a great job stopping SU play and deserve plenty of credit, Obadayi was my man of the match though even without the goal he looked a real threat on the flank and did a great job tracking the runners back, he would be an handy addition to next seasons squad based on his past few apperances.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Biggest mystery to me recently is the new found form of Paul Green who looks like the player I remember facing us in the past, he looks a new man under Shez and was everywhere on Saturday, total opposite to the leggy lacklustre version who turned out for Robbo, him and Fane did a great job stopping SU play and deserve plenty of credit, Obadayi was my man of the match though even without the goal he looked a real threat on the flank and did a great job tracking the runners back, he would be an handy addition to next seasons squad based on his past few apperances.

I dont think its a mystery, most of the team now look like footballers since Shezurrection.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Green started the season really well, got into a rut of confidence and the manager couldn't get him or the rest of the team out of it.

The restoration of his own and the whole side's form has coincided with Shez, but he had displayed early on that he is a player who's operated beyond this division.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Remember how these lot were bewildered that anybody could possibly hate them, and assumed it must be jealousy?

Apparently one of their lot lobbed a flare at the home end it hit a child today at Port Vale...

Absolutely disgraceful if it's true.  There's a clip of a few burly Vale fans kicking off in response to it on footy away days on Facebook.