Sheff Utd Home Game

So your mates will al be back for Sheff Utd and Bolton then in their favourite Chaddy End!

IMO anybody who quits their club due to a move of seat or stand is looking for an excuse to quit anyway!

First message I got off a mate/lapsed ST holder this morning...

"I'm over the moon! I get to watch Latics vs Wanky old school style #chaddyender"

I agree giving up your ST due to being moved is wrong. But I don't agree it's looking for an excuse. For the lad who sent me that today it was the straw that broke the camels back. Part of the silent protest that's seen our attendances drop roughly 400 fans on an annual basis.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we might need to revisit the home end preference here if the club are saying that if a big following comes then we can't accommodate them in the Chaddy then realistically they shouldn't want us in the RRE as the home end

Will the Gate 16 gang now be renamed sheepfoot lane turnstiles for 2 games?

Yep. Why didn't they lay down all the facts and let the season ticket holders decide in the first place? I don't get how they can think running a club requiring supporter loyalty will work without consulting supporters.

As a ST holder for 27 years, most of that in the Chaddy, I was against the move.

I still have ST, now in the North Stand. Which is OK, but I preferred the familiarity of my old seat - with strangers that you knew to chat to at the game and enough spare seats round us that lapsed friends and family would come along on occasions and sit with us.

I can imagine that there has been around 50 lost attendances a season from the 4 of us that have ST together since the move. The North Stand seats we have just don't have the room around them, and it's not the same for the wife or the father-in-law to sit on there own for the game, or I move away from my mates to sit with them.

It's easy to dismiss those that have different opinions, or those that place a value on the traditional "home end". Which you can overtime re-create in a new stand, but it's the big games against local rivals that help to create the atmosphere and bond that makes that change possible.

With this process, it appears that this is not going to happen.

my old seat - with strangers that you knew to chat to at the game and enough spare seats round us that lapsed friends and family would come along on occasions and sit with us.

The North Stand seats we have just don't have the room around them, and it's not the same for the wife or the father-in-law to sit on there own for the game, or I move away from my mates to sit with them.

This is the kind of thing they don't, or won't, understand...

As a ST holder for 27 years, most of that in the Chaddy, I was against the move.

I still have ST, now in the North Stand. Which is OK, but I preferred the familiarity of my old seat - with strangers that you knew to chat to at the game and enough spare seats round us that lapsed friends and family would come along on occasions and sit with us.

I can imagine that there has been around 50 lost attendances a season from the 4 of us that have ST together since the move. The North Stand seats we have just don't have the room around them, and it's not the same for the wife or the father-in-law to sit on there own for the game, or I move away from my mates to sit with them.

It's easy to dismiss those that have different opinions, or those that place a value on the traditional "home end". Which you can overtime re-create in a new stand, but it's the big games against local rivals that help to create the atmosphere and bond that makes that change possible.

With this process, it appears that this is not going to happen.

This is a great post. The bolded section is dead-on.

Why not offer to play at Bramall lane and the Macron.!!!!

A decision was made to swap home ends, and when that decision was made it should have considered every possible scenario. The decision was made primarily so as not to continue to inconvenience supporters by switching the home end several times a season.

We have 3574 spaces available in the Chaddy and on a reserved seat basis that should have been enough.

Rochdale were happy enough with 3200 last week and we should be too!

If we drew Man U in the cup we would probably surrender both ends and cram everybody into the North and Main stands.

We have surrendered the initiative to two promotion seeking rivals at a time when we need all the help we can get just to stay in this division. It will be like playing a home game for them and as a result could severely hamper our chances of keeping our place in this division. A loss of 50k is a mere drop in the ocean to the losses we will incur from a relegation campaign.

I am a ST holder in the North Stand and am not affected by this decision but in my opinion this club is a fu****g joke and so are the buffoons who are running It!!!

Edited by oafc1955

Why not offer to play at Bramall lane and the Macron.!!!!

A decision was made to swap home ends, and when that decision was made it should have considered every possible scenario. The decision was made primarily so as not to continue to inconvenience supporters by switching the home end several times a season.

We have 3574 spaces available in the Chaddy and on a reserved seat basis that should have been enough.

Rochdale were happy enough with 3200 last week and we should be too!

If we drew Man U in the cup we would probably surrender both ends and cram everybody into the North and Main stands.

We have surrendered the initiative to two promotion seeking rivals at a time when we need all the help we can get just to stay in this division. It will be like playing a home game for them and as a result could severely hamper our chances of keeping our place in this division. A loss of 50k is a mere drop in the ocean to the losses we will incur from a relegation campaign.

I am a ST holder in the North Stand and am not affected by this decision but in my opinion this club is a fu****g joke and so are the buffoons who are running It!!!

Funny that in the same article Shez is quoted saying he doesn't want home fans outnumbered, which with 4000+ away fans and £24 pay on the day, they almost certainly will be.

Fans deserve a home end. It's degrading to continuously surrender like this. If it was a case of them not understanding it might be tolerable, but with the scoreboard issue and so many other things, it's just a lack of respect for fans.

Glad I moved back to the North Stand when it opened.

However, a complete overreaction by some to this decision. It makes sound financial sense, we're not in a position to turn easy money away.

Like I said these considerations should have been debated preseason before the decision was made to change ends.

They made the decision and should bloody well stick to it!!!

What if this extra money from these two fixtures are the difference from being able or not being able to pay the wages? Would it be such a bad decision then? We cannot afford to miss out on extra revenue.

We've been under an embargo already this season for quite a while and it could happen again.

What if this extra money from these two fixtures are the difference from being able or not being able to pay the wages? Would it be such a bad decision then? We cannot afford to miss out on extra revenue.

We've been under an embargo already this season for quite a while and it could happen again.

The issue is more that the club either wasn't prepared for this scenario or didn't consult fans when they considered changing home ends.

The decision is understandable now, as horrible as it is to not have a proper home end, but the continued shambolic communication that the club maintains with its supporters is the real problem.

The issue is more that the club either wasn't prepared for this scenario or didn't consult fans when they considered changing home ends.

The decision is understandable now, as horrible as it is to not have a proper home end, but the continued shambolic communication that the club maintains with its supporters is the real problem.

Supporters have been given just under three weeks notice for this change, the chief executive is apologetic in his statement and I imagine most fans understand why this move has happened.

Storm in a teacup.

Fully agree

If by me moving to a different stand for 2 games we gain financially then I'm all for it.

I think this is the crux of the matter.

Some think that the financial situation at the club means that anything that can secure additional income should be done.

Some think that they value some other aspects, such as tradition and the views and feelings of the supporters should be given value - and on this occasion believe this outways the financial benefit.

An additional 1000 away fans across 2 games is worth what? £30,000. A short term benefit that could be lost if say 50 loyal people see this as their "straw" that breaks the back.

What is worrying me is that there is little information about how our wheelchair fans can now watch this match. What if you have a season ticket and now cannot get tos ee 2 matches because no thought has been given to your disability. I would have thought the least the club could do would be to address the problems of the disabled.

What is worrying me is that there is little information about how our wheelchair fans can now watch this match. What if you have a season ticket and now cannot get tos ee 2 matches because no thought has been given to your disability. I would have thought the least the club could do would be to address the problems of the disabled.

The Chaddy End has some disabled seats, I would think the North Stand could accommodate some disabled fans too.

Neither are ideal. But it's not quite as definitive as no disabled seats.