Sheff Utd Home Game

Having spent most of my time watching Latics from the paddock in front of the Ford Stand I was pleased to be able to return to that side of the ground in the unfinished North Stand. 'They' have even ensured I get the same match experience because the roof doesn't keep the rain off you even half way up.

The JFS is the best stand in many ways but eyesight restrictions keep me on the side rather than behind the goals. Moving fans from the Chaddy largely against their wishes did make sense. JFS the home end. The home end is usually where most of the noise comes from so the games against Sheffield and Bolton will be dominated by the away supporters. Changing ends is a bad idea and might just be the reason why some supporters decide to follow the many that have already voted with their feet.

Shez has said our support is important to him and to the team. Unfortunately short term money is the only important factor in this decision. We can beat any team in this division but the powers that be have just made it harder for these games. So we now need 3 wins and two draws from 8 games. Not looking so good anymore is it?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are complaining about moaning, but here's one for you: what happens if we get promoted to the Championship, where at present 9 or 10 sides would have a decent shot at filling the JFS.

What does the club do then? Do fans yo-yo in between ends then? Do we all move to the Chaddy permanently? Do we accept the lower income of the Chaddy as the away end no matter who the opponent is?

These are the questions they should've considered first before definitively deciding on the home end.

People are complaining about moaning, but here's one for you: what happens if we get promoted to the Championship, where at present 9 or 10 sides would have a decent shot at filling the JFS.

What does the club do then? Do fans yo-yo in between ends then? Do we all move to the Chaddy permanently? Do we accept the lower income of the Chaddy as the away end no matter who the opponent is?

These are the questions they should've considered first before definitively deciding on the home end.

I understand what you are saying, I just don't think it will be a problem in the foreseeable furture.

If we got to the championship our home support would probably double what it is now conceivably we could have the chaddy as the home end along with the small section of the RRE/JFS and give the large section to the away fans.

I'm a season ticket holder as a carer in the JFS, Ideal as the disabled parking is right outside the turnstile. Rang the ticket office yesterday who said we can't go in the North Stand as it's sold out to disabled season ticket holders, fair enough. Only option we have is the front of the chaddy end, not best pleased as it's a crap view, and there's people walking in the front bit all game, it's also a pain walking round with a wheelchair on a pretty :censored: surface to say the least. I'll still go but we are not best pleased. I do understand the decision as we need the money, but from a selfish point of view it's made 2 of the biggest games of the season :censored: for us.

My mum took my dad a few years ago when the RRE was still the away end and they were able to sit in the disabled bit of the RRE, despite it being the away end. Is that not the case any more..?

My mum took my dad a few years ago when the RRE was still the away end and they were able to sit in the disabled bit of the RRE, despite it being the away end. Is that not the case any more..?

No, we have to move.

There wouldn't be any problems? Have you ever been to a match where there's reserved seating? It's an absolute recipe for mayhem/fights etc.

What happens when them lads in front of you wants to stand up?

It was great at Rochdale a couple of years ago when we took about 3,000 and the stand was unreserved seating. If you got there early enough viewing was superb.

It was great at Rochdale a couple of years ago when we took about 3,000 and the stand was unreserved seating. If you got there early enough viewing was superb.

Exactly. It works better when fans can congregate freely. Seated fans took one side of the stand, fans who wanted to stand took the other.

Having spent most of my time watching Latics from the paddock in front of the Ford Stand I was pleased to be able to return to that side of the ground in the unfinished North Stand. 'They' have even ensured I get the same match experience because the roof doesn't keep the rain off you even half way up.

The JFS is the best stand in many ways but eyesight restrictions keep me on the side rather than behind the goals. Moving fans from the Chaddy largely against their wishes did make sense. JFS the home end. The home end is usually where most of the noise comes from so the games against Sheffield and Bolton will be dominated by the away supporters. Changing ends is a bad idea and might just be the reason why some supporters decide to follow the many that have already voted with their feet.

Shez has said our support is important to him and to the team. Unfortunately short term money is the only important factor in this decision. We can beat any team in this division but the powers that be have just made it harder for these games. So we now need 3 wins and two draws from 8 games. Not looking so good anymore is it?

What on earth are you on about? Are you suggesting moving fans means an automatic loss? Weird. No, 3 wins and 2 draws from 10 it is. Or 2 wins and 4 draws from 10. Looks better than at any previous time during the season actually.

We need a similar home turn out as we had for the Bury game and then that won't happen.

If we get reasonable weather and 4 points from our next two games we could, hopefully, be looking at 9000+

There's just no way we get 4500+ for a game we're likely to lose.

Bolton we might not be outnumbered, because think we'll get a decent turnout but this we haven't got a chance.