Sheff Utd Home Game

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this game definitely on? International weekend.

Definitely on (weather permitting.) Was talking to a Blunt (to be fair, he seemed alright for one of them) on Twitter and he said the only call-up was going to be Lafferty but at Sheff Utd's request, NI have put him on the stand-by list instead. It's highly ironic that top of the league has nobody on International Duty yet a team that's fought relegation all season will be missing an influential player. Sods law.

Edited by boundaryblue80

The Ticket Office has confirmed that it will be possible to relocate from the North Stand to the Chaddy End, simply by showing a season ticket, for this and the Bolton game.

Is that "showing a ST" on the day at the turnstile? Or showing one at the ticket office to get a Chaddy End ticket for the game?

The Ticket Office has confirmed that it will be possible to relocate from the North Stand to the Chaddy End, simply by showing a season ticket, for this and the Bolton game.

Filling it and leaving a few to have to retreat to the North Stand or Main Stand would send an interesting message to the club

There's just no way we get 4500+ for a game we're likely to lose.

Bolton we might not be outnumbered, because think we'll get a decent turnout but this we haven't got a chance.

People like being part of a bigger than usual crowd against what should be decent opposition....

Is that "showing a ST" on the day at the turnstile? Or showing one at the ticket office to get a Chaddy End ticket for the game?

At the turnstile.

BTW I asked at the Ticket Office if tickets could be issued for specific seats in the Chaddy, but was told it would be too difficult to police.

At the turnstile.

BTW I asked at the Ticket Office if tickets could be issued for specific seats in the Chaddy, but was told it would be too difficult to police.

I don't understand that one, wouldn't it be the same if you have a Season Ticket but it's a cup game? Show it to the person in your seat, they refuse to move, show it to a steward. I might be wrong, but it's probable the case is tickets have been sold already unreserved so they are keeping it that way, which is fair enough.

I don't understand that one, wouldn't it be the same if you have a Season Ticket but it's a cup game? Show it to the person in your seat, they refuse to move, show it to a steward. I might be wrong, but it's probable the case is tickets have been sold already unreserved so they are keeping it that way, which is fair enough.

But it's not your seat for a cup game you pay for 23 league games so I'd tell ya to get to :censored: ! Politely of course ?

Asked at the ticket office today for a ticket for the main stand due to relocation, was told to just show my ST at the gate as they are not issuing tickets for other stands to those who are being moved.

The OS is misleading in stating:

Those wanting to relocate to a specific seat in the North Stand or the George Hill main stand will have to visit the SportsDirect.com Park ticket office from Wednesday, March 8.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/supporter-relocation-for-sheffield-united-bolton-wanderers-3610852.aspx

The OS is misleading in stating:

Those wanting to relocate to a specific seat in the North Stand or the George Hill main stand will have to visit the SportsDirect.com Park ticket office from Wednesday, March 8.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/supporter-relocation-for-sheffield-united-bolton-wanderers-3610852.aspx

Thats what I thought afterwards, apparently it is so those who find it difficult to get down to BP other than on matchdays are not being inconvenienced.

Hope our players see what these think of our club on their forum.No need for any team talk.I really want a win to help us and wipe the smug smiles off their faces.

The ref at weekend is the one Sheridan had the run in with while at Notts County.

Can't see us getting much.

On 14/03/2017 at 7:28 AM, yarddog73 said:

Hopefully they will send over the much needed advance ticket monies, saying that it's standard practice for the away team to hold that back for a few months- isn't it?

To be perfectly honest you would be surprised how many teams do this! A lot do it to cover player's wages at the end of the month and then forward the monies within 21 days (usually after a home game)

18 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

To be perfectly honest you would be surprised how many teams do this! A lot do it to cover player's wages at the end of the month and then forward the monies within 21 days (usually after a home game)

They probably do it a lot. Makes you wonder what we've done to piss off the clubs for them to be reporting us to the Football League.

As far as I'm aware most clubs go past the deadline, and usually end up paying it late. Rochdale usually send a the money with the remaining tickets. They are it seems better run in most ways, it's a shame how low we have sunk in recent years. 

It can't help the club that all our biggest home games are coming one after the other, as good as it is we are getting a bumper pay out now, this money that no doubt would have helped over the course of the season.