We are 4 days into the Summer now so it seems like aboit time to start looking towards the return of football.

Would be nice to get a fee new grounds to visit come July. I would imagine there is a decent chance of a return to Fylde and their new stadium. Neil Joy's position there must make it quite an easy game to arrange and now they are in the Conference  (National League or whatever it will be called next season) it wouldbe a good test for us.

Any other thoughts?

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Curzon was a decent little place. Would like us to play Chorley or Bamber Bridge because they're both local to me

Did one of there players not have a serious injury last time we played Curzon & was LJ not critical of there pitch?

Saying that when working on a deal to get Stott back on loan that could of been one of the terms.

Bamber Bridge be good like Mark mentioned like with Fylde last year new grounds always appeal to few.

Last summer me and OWTB member Fent spoke with Corney was day after the Fylde game and did say a pre tour had been looked at.

At his last meet the manager did ask Robbo would he consider a tour of Northern Ireland his words where it's worth exploring.

I be happy with Another tour of Scotland me. 

Before he left last summer Shez did mention Fylde who we did play. But Sheff Weds which wouldn't suprise me. Maybe Leeds another of his former clubs or Boro as part of the Ripley deal.

Both were shit pitch gate, Curzon had just been laid and hadn't bedded in resulting in one of their young lads suffering a bad leg break, Barrow on the other hand was more like concrete and was a dreadful surface, LJ was openly critical of it as we lost Lockwood and Mills as a consequence, part of LJ's criticism was also aimed at Barrows rough house tactics were Mills in particular was kicked from pillar to post the game was anything but a friendly and is probably best remembered for a Jordan Bove 30 yard screamer and the final appearance of Willy Gross. 

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Both were shit pitch gate, Curzon had just been laid and hadn't bedded in resulting in one of their young lads suffering a bad leg break, Barrow on the other hand was more like concrete and was a dreadful surface, LJ was openly critical of it as we lost Lockwood and Mills as a consequence, part of LJ's criticism was also aimed at Barrows rough house tactics were Mills in particular was kicked from pillar to post the game was anything but a friendly and is probably best remembered for a Jordan Bove 30 yard screamer and the final appearance of Willy Gross. 

Yeah remember Barrow & there bully tactics.

5 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Any chance of an Australian tour like  Citeh,  Scouse red and Scouse blue, Spurs  have done in the last few years?

I can't pretend to be "in the know", but I'm going to put my head above the parapet here and say, No.

13 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Any tour/trip away will cost the club a significant amount of money. I'd prefer decent north west warm up games and then invest the finances into the playing squad etc...

Huddersfield at home it is then.

Start the programme earlier than normal. June 12th to the 19th and play Nerja and Torre Del Mar FC. We'd be fit as fiddles and with the many Latics exiles on the Costa De Sol it'll help the club repair those broken bridges after years of playing local shitkickers.

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Start the programme earlier than normal. June 12th to the 19th and play Nerja and Torre Del Mar FC. We'd be fit as fiddles and with the many Latics exiles on the Costa De Sol it'll help the club repair those broken bridges after years of playing local shitkickers.

Excellent, lovely place Nerja.

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

They could nip over to Tenerife and play Club Deportivo Tenerife during that week as well.