Edmundson signs

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Great News this. Lets hope he can push on now from last year. The defense is looking good just need 2 goalkeepers and one left fullback and we will be sorted defensively.  

I think you're right. if we play 2 Goalkeepers they should be able to match Ripleys' clean sheet record :)

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Personally, I think Gerrard being here really halts his progress with us...

Genuinely wouldn't mind three centre halves next season of Edmundson, Clarke and Stott with Clarke marshalling them in the centre - but doubt that will happen. 

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

With the money Gerrard is likely to be on there's no way he'll be sat on the bench!

.....he does need to lose about a stone and half to guarantee that though..... which I think is what the undercurrent of Leeslover's suggestive posts are about......

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

With the money Gerrard is likely to be on there's no way he'll be sat on the bench!

Nor should he be on the bench. Proper quality centre back ! I have a feeling he will come back a lot leaner too. To use one of HarryBosch's lines if you don't rate Gerrard , do you even like football ? ( Leeslover I'm looking at you ?)

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Nor should he be on the bench. Proper quality centre back ! I have a feeling he will come back a lot leaner too. To use one of HarryBosch's lines if you don't rate Gerrard , do you even like football ? ( Leeslover I'm looking at you ?)

When I spoke to Andy Barlow a few weeks ago, he was scathing in his assessment of Gerrard and his lack of fitness. But maybe he doesn't like football.

6 hours ago, owdumer said:

When I spoke to Andy Barlow a few weeks ago, he was scathing in his assessment of Gerrard and his lack of fitness. But maybe he doesn't like football.

Not gonna go against a club legend. However, at this level if your good enough your fat enough   And like I said earlier I think he will come back a slimmer version. 

Where did u meet Andy Andy Barlow by the way ?

10 hours ago, owdumer said:

Says he who invented the 'Puddin' on a muffin' meal ?

1 hour ago, hollandspies said:

Says he who invented the 'Puddin' on a muffin' meal ?

I'm thinking of Andy Ritchie:

"So Andy, how many press ups did you do last night?"

"FUCKING HUNDRED," (adopting Incredible Hulk bodybuilders pose)

18 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

"Done deal to Sunderland" according to some 'in the know'...

didn't something similar happen a few years ago? player got signed up for a couple of years then pretty much walked straight out of the door?

ie .. it cost them more for the player! 

not sure who said player was but could have been Scott Vernon?