Tommy Wright return confirmed

56 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

More worried about the big than the "bants," last thing we need is more media attention around someone at the club who's in trouble with the law

There won't be any as very few people care. 

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

There won't be anybody as very few people care. 

Agree. 

How many Asst Mgrs of other clubs can we name? 

Undoubtedly it might be a bit different if he was the manager or main striker, but it's not so virtually no one will even be aware as you say.

And we've always been a home for the unloved of course.  

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, palmer1 said:

I love this line that a lot of Latics fans revert to when forming an argument about other clubs.

When does this historical information start and end because for the majority of the last 20 years they have won promotions to a higher level, had a bigger stadium and more money. 

But yeah Tommy should have told them to fuck off because we were similar for most of the 70s and 80s! 

purely down to the owners, Barnsley have been down there to the 4-5000 crowds. So yeah, historically just like Latics.

11 minutes ago, Lags said:

purely down to the owners, Barnsley have been down there to the 4-5000 crowds. So yeah, historically just like Latics.

Not anymore! That's the point.

Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield when you look through history had similar or worse crowds. Should someone turn down a move to them because historically we used to be similar? 

14 hours ago, palmer1 said:

Not anymore! That's the point.

Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield when you look through history had similar or worse crowds. Should someone turn down a move to them because historically we used to be similar? 

No they shouldn't turn it down if they don't want....but we don't have to have them back do we?

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It's not a bad idea to back them when they come back to help your club though

You nor anyone as ever seen me boo anyone connected with Latics. I've voiced my opinion Wright blotted his copy book with me. He's here, nowt I can do, doesn't mean I have to like the bloke

15 minutes ago, Lags said:

You nor anyone as ever seen me boo anyone connected with Latics. I've voiced my opinion Wright blotted his copy book with me. He's here, nowt I can do, doesn't mean I have to like the bloke

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

Now he's here I'm sure he will be backed 100%.

6 hours ago, Lags said:

Doesn't mean you have to be a negative Nancy either

I suppose it was good for him to be vocal to the players for a change instead of large sections of the crowd and to the people giving him cash. Probably a good coach but unfortunately a dishonest one. Won't hold my breath for an apology if he is coming back which very much looked the case today!

4 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

I suppose it was good for him to be vocal to the players for a change instead of large sections of the crowd and to the people giving him cash. Probably a good coach but unfortunately a dishonest one. Won't hold my breath for an apology if he is coming back which very much looked the case today!

He has nothing to apologise for.

1 hour ago, Chaddy14 said:

What do you want him to apologise for?  Calling pricks, pricks?

3 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

He dished back after being on the receiving end of dogs abuse, which was understandable at the time. A lot of fans were raw at the club as we seemingly waved the white flag at a playoff shot. Why does he need to apologise?

Edited by johnafoafc

11 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

He dished back after being on the receiving end of dogs abuse, which was understandable at the time. A lot of fans were raw at the club as we seemingly waved the white flag at a playoff shot. Why does he need to apologise?

Its all well and good giving it back but he obviosuly didnt think that one day he'd be back.... 

He's had a few chances here so possibly he should have been a bit more understanding in why he was getting the abuse due to the way he left. 

Hes been a good servant but the club has been good enough to him in my opinion that he should have held back. 

11 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Ha. I keep hearing this term dogs abuse. What actually is dogs abuse - hey Tommy ya fucking daschound time for walkies me old pedigree chum. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Ha. I keep hearing this term dogs abuse. What actually is dogs abuse - hey Tommy ya fucking daschound time for walkies me old pedigree chum. 

By all accounts he was actually terrier-fied.

(Sorry Monty)

Edited by yarddog73

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Wellens telling several people at weekend (away with united) that we've not paid him a penny yet and owe him. 

Is Wellens on the payroll yet? The club said he was 'helping out' as they did with the other backroom staff. No announcement has been made regarding contracts etc unless I've missed it.

If he's signed a contract midway through the month he may have to wait til the end of august to be paid. I had to work 6 weeks in hand in my job and I work for a much larger organisation than Latics.

Edited by johnafoafc