Tommy Wright return confirmed

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Helping out.

I smell some sort of embargo.

It is strange how all the staff recruited are just "helping out with pre-season", yet the players who've signed are on proper contracts.

Could it be that this pre season will be the same as last (backroom staff wise)except this time the club are just being honest instead of making dicks of themselves like they did last year. Rember last year all the strong coaching team stuff that was spouted only for said team to be broken up once the season got underway(Turnbull, O Driscoll, Shirtliff etc). This way people know what's happening and won't be disappointed when they either move on or become part time.

19 minutes ago, oafc1000 said:

Could it be that this pre season will be the same as last (backroom staff wise)except this time the club are just being honest instead of making dicks of themselves like they did last year. Rember last year all the strong coaching team stuff that was spouted only for said team to be broken up once the season got underway(Turnbull, O Driscoll, Shirtliff etc). This way people know what's happening and won't be disappointed when they either move on or become part time.

So Sheridan just does it on his own once the season starts? He's good but...

I think it more likely the hold up is paperwork related because we don't have a Club Secretary since Gordon Lawton passed away,and someone may be on holiday.

All 3 is strange at first, but they all could be waiting for the paperwork.

Also Wellens doesn't strike me as someone that would hang around if things were being handled badly, and there was a sniff of something going wrong. He's well connected and would not be short of offers,

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So Sheridan just does it on his own once the season starts? He's good but...

I'm not saying that. I'm wondering if the club somehow think it is the way forward. We appointed a backroom coaching team last season  to work with assistantless Robinson through pre season, Barraclough was then appointed on the 29th of July as assistant and the backroom team was dispersed of and never replaced. 

Edited by oafc1000

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ye but Tommy has to be careful about back handers now so might limit the players he can attract ?

Bastard deserves a backhander for his comments when he left to go to.......oh, geddit, that sort of backhander!!!

10 minutes ago, oafc1000 said:

I'm not saying that. I'm wondering if the club somehow think it is the way forward. We appointed a backroom coaching team last season  to work with assistantless Robinson through pre season, Barraclough was then appointed on the 29th of July as assistant and the backroom team was dispersed of and never replaced. 

Totally different circumstances to last year, those involved now wouldn't put up with nonsense like that.

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

Wondering if it's the club testing the water with us fans after last time he was here and how he exited and all...hence it only a temp situation

That doesn't explain the other two.

I fully expect all of them to be here at the start of the season and beyond, it's just a bit odd.