Shez on the move? + Potential Investment

3 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

We've played one league game and already the knives are out and the FUD is spreading.

OWTB never ceases to amaze. I thought Shez would get at least 10 games before an inquisition started 

Is it not a appropriate to question his weight then?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Well he's visably over weight at the minute and its showed in his first 2 performances.

Who knows in answer to your questions. However if he had a fitness plan for pre season he hasn't stuck to it.

The coaching staff probably know and are presumably ok with it. It's not all about abs and speed. Experience and nous go a long way, especially at this level. 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The coaching staff probably know and are presumably ok with it. It's not all about abs and speed. Experience and nous go a long way, especially at this level. 

I agree to an extent. But I think Gerrards days at using these skills you mention are numbered. 

29 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

We've played one league game and already the knives are out and the FUD is spreading.

OWTB never ceases to amaze. I thought Shez would get at least 10 games before an inquisition started 

Well you learn something new every day, FUD , fear , uncertainty and doubt.

i really do hope that all this on owtb at the moment is from a minority  and that the majority are giving longer than 2 competitive matches for the team to gel and start to perform.

social media is good in some ways, but has a lot to answer for in others. 

52 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

18 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Well you learn something new every day, FUD , fear , uncertainty and doubt.

i really do hope that all this on owtb at the moment is from a minority  and that the majority are giving longer than 2 competitive matches for the team to gel and start to perform.

social media is good in some ways, but has a lot to answer for in others. 

I count myself in the majority and although slightly concerned at our slow start I'm not panicking just yet - a few changes in personnel and system before we have a team to judge I think.

27 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Having a settled squad was supposed to be a positive, not having this it needs time to gel nonsense.

That's it. We've finally had a settled summer and we've still not capitalised on it. The whole keeper situation was a farce, and we began with an inadequate midfield and shite tactics which I could've told you wouldn't work 4 months ago. 

Got faith that Shez will sort it out, of course, but it's right to point out how poor the first couple of performances have been. Don't think I've seen us string 5 passes together in the 180 minutes I've seen!

While I agree with the 2 games thing being early to judge on....the comment about "gelling" doesn't wash so much this season. All summer folk have said about us having momentum. And it being a good that we can hit the ground running with the squad barely changing much from Shez's playoff form side from Jan to April. I think 9 of the 11 starting on Saturday ended last season here. Of course you can factor pre-season rustiness into it etc. Nobody is calling for any heads. The so-called inquisition is debating whether the same players we already know will carry on doing what we already know about them. I don't think now is the time to be dropping Gerrard but I have my suspicions over the current CB pairing working. And Gerrard has been poor to average in those 2 games. There's nothing wrong with discussing that.

EDIT: Just noticed Deyres has beaten to it regards the "gelling" thing

Edited by boundaryblue80

18 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

While I agree with the 2 games thing being early to judge on....the comment about "gelling" doesn't wash so much this season.

"Gelling" is probably the wrong term.

But, if he's trying to get them to play differently to last season, it's not unreasonable for it to maybe take some time for the new tactics to start to produce the goals and/or results he expects. 

Like most (I think) I'd much rather it all just clicked from the off, but....

Edited by HarryBosch

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Shez has also said that AG has been in to train every day since the week prior to pre-season starting..

59 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Until a combination of David Dunn being signed and his own incompetence unsettled it.

And the fans went for his head after 1 game (not 2) and went about demanded 2 upfront. Which led to the Posh twatting.

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

And the fans went for his head after 1 game (not 2) and went about demanded 2 upfront. Which led to the Posh twatting.

Absolutely. As soon as Oldham fans realise (and shez) that  2 strikers up front doesn't make you more attacking the better. 

19 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Board wanted him gone before the season started. - According to Anthony Gee who went to Stirling with him and said he was a notorious bullshitter 

2 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

What the fupp is FUD?

In my construction lingo, it refers to "fucked up design". Ie everything we get from the Architect is FUD. Not sure how that helps you, but its a fairly common term in my vocab

Apparently there was also an overheard conversation.

Gerrard has lost weight, I think everyone was a bit complacent and this contributed to the slow start.  They know now that it is going to be another long hard season whichever end of the table they are so I expect better tomorrow.

On 2017-8-11 at 11:56 AM, BJBlue said:

I'm a bit confused. Has this whole thing come about because of one potentially unreliable person on Twitter? Are there any other sources for this?

Well i was in Hong Kong on Tuesday and Wednesday. Absolutely nothing in the papers...