Oldham v Wigan

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, longtimeblue said:

It'll be as much to do with him realising his last interview was probably a bit too honest. He was always going to go the other way. I'm pretty sure he knows we're shit.

I know you can't contain him but do you think that interview follows a quiet word from the board after the last interview?

Just now, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

Shez needs to look at his tactics, 1 up front at 0-2 down and everyone back for a wigan corner including the smallest man on the pitch. why not leave him up front for a breakaway.

Damage limitation  2-0 he will get away with, a real heavy defeat could ruin us.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Damage limitation  2-0 he will get away with, a real heavy defeat could ruin us.

6 consecutive defeats (5 at home) now if you include the 2 home friendlies, looks like there's more than damage limitation.

Edited by BP1960

Shez said he played Hunt in midfield although he's not a midfielder, he played Wilson at left back which is not his favoured position.....so why???

I honestly don't think Sheridan is cut out for this management lark, I really don't, his post match interviews have been piss poor. He went over the top with his remarks last week and it's obvious he's redressed the balance today.

He's kept us up twice when relegation certs but he won't do it again sending teams out like that today. 

Having seen promise from Gardner and Kyeremah today I think with the addition of a proper central midfielder (the Welsh/Douglas type) we could play 4-4-2 and maybe even be a threat. And I'm not normally that bothered about that formation. 

I just don't think we'll get that midfielder (or a 2nd keeper) until just before the window shuts when someone is desperate enough to accept our peanuts. 

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

To those saying we should get rid of Sheridan and he isnt up to the job just fucking give up on life

Thats a bit harsh !!

Hopefully JS will sort it but one cant help but feel there is going to be no cash to strengthen that midfield.

I didn't bother today, because no way am I paying £24 to watch a result I could've predicted days ago, or to watch any team in which Ollie fucking Banks is STILL getting a starting role.

I'm going to Blackpool next week for some reason. I hope at least half of these '5 or 6 players' Shez was on about make an appearance 

1 minute ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

I didn't bother today, because no way am I paying £24 to watch a result I could've predicted days ago, or to watch any team in which Ollie fucking Banks is STILL getting a starting role.

I'm going to Blackpool next week for some reason. I hope at least half of these '5 or 6 players' Shez was on about make an appearance 

I agree with you regarding Banks.

Who signed him? Thinking Shez, which again leads me to question his judgement of a footballer.

Pretty shoddy that. Wigan called time on the game after 20 minutes and played the rest of it at testimonial pace. 

Holloway has some attributes, but his goal return is nothing short of a disgrace. I genuinely think if I had a run of 26 (think that's the total) games playing up front for Latics, I would score in more than one game. 

Clarke looked a shadow of himself today - he's probably missing his mate behind him, but I don't think Wilson disgraced himself at all and made 2 or 3 decent saves. Gardner was a positive, perhaps the only one. He looked bright and eager to impress...

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Haha knew that was coming. How did we look without him? From listening to wigans commentary and snippets of radio manc fane was what we missed. Wigan comms said banks was the reason our midfield was working as we needed a grafter. 

If we ever miss Ousmane Fane, then were in massive trouble. Amazed he hasn't signed for someone like Barnet yet. That said, I'm not quite sure of the logic of Sheridan, playing a right back (who he has been playing as left back up until today) in centre mid this afternoon...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Pretty shoddy that. Wigan called time on the game after 20 minutes and played the rest of it at testimonial pace. 

Holloway has some attributes, but his goal return is nothing short of a disgrace. I genuinely think if I had a run of 26 (think that's the total) games playing up front for Latics, I would score in more than one game. 

Clarke looked a shadow of himself today - he's probably missing his mate behind him, but I don't think Wilson disgraced himself at all and made 2 or 3 decent saves. Gardner was a positive, perhaps the only one. He looked bright and eager to impress...

Holloway needs a decent strike partner, i suspect a goalscorer as i think he will provide for a centre forward. 

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Spot on in all respects ........the game was over after 20 minutes.  We would not have scored if we were still playing now and even if we had , they would have scored another 2 in the subsequent 20 minutes. They won at a canter without breaking sweat

17 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Holloway needs a decent strike partner, i suspect a goalscorer as i think he will provide for a centre forward. 

Could have took a chance on Oswell before he joined Stockport.

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

3623 home fans for a Lancashire derby.....the feel good factor we had pre season has been well and truly dismantled.

Lose at Blackpool and that figure will fall still further...WTF!!!!

£24 to watch that shit, crowds will only continue to drop, but who can blame them? 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Gardner decent, McLaughlin decent too. 

I posted prior to the match that whatever team Sheridan picked I would give total support to...

i just about managed to do so, even after a first half in which we did not have a shot. However it was another poor showing by Latics. Wigan are a decent side and will surely win this league but too many questions remain - Frankly baffled by Hunt in the middle of the park and the tactic of one up front at home. 

Not convinced by the keeper. 

Will not be able to get to a game now until Pompey away. Who knows where we will be by then?

Most of you haven't worked it out yet but some of you are getting closer

John Sheridan has worked wonders for our Club, saving us from relegation twice in recent years

Problem as I see it though, is that the very same John Sheridan who can galvanise a group of players behind a cause, appears to only be able to do so for a short period of time

As soon as he gets past the completion of the initial objective (usually survival) he seems to lose faith in the players or more concerning, the players start to lose trust in him

His recent public outbursts, "some players are only giving 60/70%" and "we need 5 or 6 new players" and him bizarrely playing average players out of position, for me, just further demonstrate his poor team building / management skills

A wonderful footballer in his day, but why, with the 'Championship Manager Merry Go Round' has he not be snapped up, or even by a League One prospective promotion team

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Most of you haven't worked it out yet but some of you are getting closer

John Sheridan has worked wonders for our Club, saving us from relegation twice in recent years

Problem as I see it though, is that the very same John Sheridan who can galvanise a group of players behind a cause, appears to only be able to do so for a short period of time

As soon as he gets past the completion of the initial objective (usually survival) he seems to lose faith in the players or more concerning, the players start to lose trust in him

His recent public outbursts, "some players are only giving 60/70%" and "we need 5 or 6 new players" and him bizarrely playing average players out of position, for me, just further demonstrate his poor team building / management skills

A wonderful footballer in his day, but why, with the 'Championship Manager Merry Go Round' has he not be snapped up, or even by a League One prospective promotion team

To spell it out you mean relegated at Chesterfield, then failed to achieve at the richest club in the league, Plymouth, then had a brief sojourn at Newport before walking out on them, then walked out on us before making a fool of himself at Notts county?

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Or got chesterfield promoted, won the johston paint trophy, turned a nearly relegated Plymouth into contenders, saved Newport. Got Oldham to the play offs and saved us twice. Short memory? We owe shez everything, I'd want him to stay if we went down!

Ah the cult of Sheridan awakens . " We owe Shez everything" ...what exactly is it that we owe him?