Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, singe said:

Thing is it's not a residents association or suchlike, it's a legal shareholding entity with legal responsiblities. The have shares in a limited company and obligations as Directors. But even they were a residents association they still have obligation and inclination to communicate especially if they want to be constituted to obtain funding. 

Looking at the professionalism of all involved, I highly doubt anyone just opped along for some free coffee, they joined to make a difference and contribute.

And they have.

They could not exist as shareholders in the format you give and could achieve and do nothing if they were. They would just be guys sitting in a pub, ignored by the club.

I was secretary of a residents association for many years, we had an excellent set up with a legal constitution and good funding. The committee did their best for the local community within the constitution, yet some still criticised, never putting themselves forward to help in anyway.

In the end the other  members and I decided we'd all had enough and resigned. We are now left with a much neglected area, which is a shame really. 

Don't let the Trust go the same way.

Several people on here have quoted MM as saying on GMR that the takeover is days away. He said he hopes it's days away. It's all in the hands of the EFL as to how long they take to make a decision. They may come back and tell the club that they don't think AL is a suitable club owner and everything will then be off. I think MM said that there was another meeting scheduled for today. The club keep answering there questions but again MM has no more idea than us as to the time the EFL will come to a decision.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I was secretary of a residents association for many years, we had an excellent set up with a legal constitution and good funding. The committee did their best for the local community within the constitution, yet some still criticised, never putting themselves forward to help in anyway.

In the end the other  members and I decided we'd all had enough and resigned. We are now left with a much neglected area, which is a shame really. 

Don't let the Trust go the same way.

Hats off, no easy task.

Ditto my Mum and Dad, although it was resurrected years later, although we had all moved away by then.

I did similar for a local Neighbourhood Plan and taken stick verbally to my face some from people I  considered friends, though I  left because of the political structure rather the comments.

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Several people on here have quoted MM as saying on GMR that the takeover is days away. He said he hopes it's days away. It's all in the hands of the EFL as to how long they take to make a decision. They may come back and tell the club that they don't think AL is a suitable club owner and everything will then be off. I think MM said that there was another meeting scheduled for today. The club keep answering there questions but again MM has no more idea than us as to the time the EFL will come to a decision.

Are we the club they have been most diligent on ever?!

7 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Admittedly he stated takeover in hands if EFL now so he couldn’t commit.  However he clearly stated new signings will not be reliant on takeover being completed and that SC/AL will be supporting RW on securing his targets.  Less than 24 hours later, these targets are now reliant upon the takeover being completed.

This is what frustrates me.  Constant mixed messages.  Clarke wages freed up, Menig on way, loanees gone back - why can’t we strengthen?

Also if AL is taking over and it’s a matter of when rather than if then why not fund now?  12 points being gambled this month

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Admittedly he stated takeover in hands if EFL now so he couldn’t commit.  However he clearly stated new signings will not be reliant on takeover being completed and that SC/AL will be supporting RW on securing his targets.  Less than 24 hours later, these targets are now reliant upon the takeover being completed.

This is what frustrates me.  Constant mixed messages.  Clarke wages freed up, Menig on way, loanees gone back - why can’t we strengthen?

Also if AL is taking over and it’s a matter of when rather than if then why not fund now?  12 points being gambled this month

Yes. It does make you wonder what exactly is causing the delay. Is there anything to prevent AL gifting the club money, if indeed he has any?

4 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Indeed. And today, in his Presser, Wellens has let slip that McEleney hasn’t even been registered yet ? ?

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Still not as bleak as 1959 though, and look what happened a year later.

2 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

This thread really calls into question why any supporter would voluntarily seek to represent the broader body of supporters in any way. Inevitably they get drawn into personal squabbles and insults. I would expect that in the long run no one will put their hand up to represent us in whatever format.

We have about 4,000 regular paying fans and a few thousand more occasional's - I doubt 7 cranks on an internet message board will deter those that are so inclined from going down such a road.... 

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

We have about 4,000 regular paying fans and a few thousand more occasional's - I doubt 7 cranks on an internet message board will deter those that are so inclined from going down such a road.... 

Well it certainly put me off when I put my head over the parapet.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well it certainly put me off when I put my head over the parapet.

I tend to put my head over whilst it's in a challenger 2 tank with britains finest behind me....well in my imaginary world that is

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Oh shut up. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Only 7?

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

This delay excuse/issue keeps cropping up. What do we think the issue would be? Can't be about funds as surely that would be one of the first questions asked? More to the Menig move than meets the eye perhaps?

Pure speculation of course, but it might be the case that the FL are examining AL on the "fit and proper person test" and specifically on whether he is or is not still a football agent. Given that he apparently was an agent until comparatively recently, it is understandable if they are demanding convincing evidence that he no longer has that status.

When you look at some of the owners who have passed the F&P test in the past it can only be assumed (1) the test has been tightened up, (2) we are an easier club for the FL to get tough with than certain others who could be named. Credit to AL at least for having the patience to stay involved.

I think I've realised a difference to a number of people re the Trust ,  as I'm not a season ticket holder I pay by monthly Direct Debit and have for years rather than a cost free add on. I'm not saying I care more or less than the next person , just a different viewpoint.

We move on. 

Come on FL put us out of our misery one way or the other. 

Archived