Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I couldn't care less. 

You couldn’t care less and yet you are in this thread.  So you are in a thread regarding rumour and news on the takeover but couldn’t care less about an actual positive fact relating to the takeover.  Can’t help you then. Doubt anyone can. 

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Like a football club Chairman? Apart from the fact he's probably doing quite nicely out of it.

A football club chairman is a voluntary position?  Jesus wept.  Why don’t you volunteer to run it then?  It’s dead easy and you make loads and loads of cash.  

Constantly comparing the club and the trust is pointless. It’s apples and oranges. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You couldn’t care less and yet you are in this thread.  So you are in a thread regarding rumour and news on the takeover but couldn’t care less about an actual positive fact relating to the takeover.  Can’t help you then. Doubt anyone can. 

I care more about the club than you.

33 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So it's a secret society now where only the chosen few know and they might throw the odd titbit out if they feel like it? 

Sounds a lot like what many criticize the club for doing...

32 minutes ago, singe said:

Who blamed the Trust?

They are in the position they are in, and have to deal with that, comes with the territory , it's not some private club.

Otherwise you accepting they should never post updates and we can only have nicey nicey things like match reports , theatre events and some personal charity bike rides updates? What would be the point in them then? I'd stop my payments now if that was the case.

Thankfully Jorvik and Underdog are conscientious enough for it not to be.

It's far from a secret society. There are meetings, you know. It is also very careful (rightly so with a cunt like Corney who grabs any opportunity he can to undermine the Trust) on what it should and shouldn't say. Nobody on this forum, apart from Trust members, has a clue whether AL would be happy for the Trust to be commenting on meetings with him. After what happened with the Chinese lot, maybe the stance this time was to say as little as possible until the takeover happens and the Trust are more acquainted with AL. Often 1 question answered, leads to 5 more which can't be answered. As LeesLover said, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I'd say SB meeting with AL is more of an irrelevant fact.... 

The way I see the ‘trust’ is as a small group of absolute die hard fans. Who would do anything to help the club. Much, much, more than the vast majority of regular fans. ( The recent supporters bar is a great example)  People expect a level of commitment of these die hards, that I suspect they sometimes just can’t deliver- work, kids, life, and that to me its totally understandable. But when you label it the trust- I also get why people want structure, communication - etc etc. 

I think the word Trust and it’s ‘function’ should be dropped. Then peoples need for minutes, websites, and many of the other minutiae- ( that they dont really care about but like to beat these die hards with) could be dropped. 

This small group of people could just be ‘The supporters group’ who  could give their time, energy, and support to the club, without having to answer for themselves. 

16 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

It's far from a secret society. There are meetings, you know. It is also very careful (rightly so with a cunt like Corney who grabs any opportunity he can to undermine the Trust) on what it should and shouldn't say. Nobody on this forum, apart from Trust members, has a clue whether AL would be happy for the Trust to be commenting on meetings with him. After what happened with the Chinese lot, maybe the stance this time was to say as little as possible until the takeover happens and the Trust are more acquainted with AL. Often 1 question answered, leads to 5 more which can't be answered. As LeesLover said, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I know there are meetings, because I created the links to the minutes on this forum, the problem is the links don't work, so luckily I  posted the content. However, they were the last minutes posted and were from  2015, and so you cannot find a set of minutes anywhere now.

It's not just that, or the only issue, but it is important as it does serve to highlight the work being done.
And as I have deliberately said in every post their work is invaluable and appreciated. It is an improvement in communication that is desired, notwithstanding the work Underdog and Jorvik do to update us.

Perhaps it's time to consider it's just me.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/48338-questionsanswers-for-the-trust-meetings/

2 minutes ago, singe said:

I know there are meetings, because I created the links to the minutes on this forum, the problem is the links don't work, so luckily I  posted the content. However, they were the last minutes posted and were from  2015, and so you cannot find a set of minutes anywhere now.

It's not just that, or the only issue, but it is important as it does serve to highlight the work being done.
And as I have deliberately said in every post their work is invaluable and appreciated. It is an improvement in communication that is desired, notwithstanding the work Underdog and Jorvik do to update us.

Perhaps it's time to consider it's just me.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/48338-questionsanswers-for-the-trust-meetings/

The minutes are on the site, just not fully up to date. 

If the takeover really is "days away", we appear to be doing a lot of cloth cutting. You would think that we wouldn't be emphasising our inability to compete financially with teams below us and certainly wouldn't be touting our goalscorer.

It feels much more like the takeover isn't going to happen in January or that if it does there isn't much funding available.

Really hope I am wrong.

48 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Jorvik telling us that it happened suggests that isn't really an issue.

1 minute ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I wonder if this is significant? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikekeegan_dm/status/948977788199096320?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^ios|twgr^other

Surely deals wouldn’t be agreed if something wasn’t imminent? 

Can you post the content of the tweet. Some of us are blocked by him without even ever tweeting him

This thread really calls into question why any supporter would voluntarily seek to represent the broader body of supporters in any way. Inevitably they get drawn into personal squabbles and insults. I would expect that in the long run no one will put their hand up to represent us in whatever format.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

What’s the point of this post?  So they are beyond criticism and we can’t say anything they may not agree with?  It is accepted they are volunteers and they deserve respect for that alone, but the position comes with responsibility and expectations too. That’s life. 

Maybe you ought to join them and accept the responsibility that goes with it then?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe you ought to join them and accept the responsibility that goes with it then?

Ive dealt with that question already. No ta. That’s doesn’t mean I can’t comment.  That’s life. 

Archived