Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

43 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

You can laugh but my late dad did all the signs for free as his brother in law was a director. He had neither a bloke at the bottom footing the ladder nor any help getting the paint up top. He tied himself on with a rope for health and safety. 

Cap doffed.

REal respect.

Although getting on a bit myself, you do forget how it was done not all that long ago.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

It’s a very odd way to proceed if it is Baxter. Just confirm it if it is. If it isn’t, say so.  This weird “we can neither confirm or deny if we funded a player already announced” is a bit childish. 

My thinking entirely.

4 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Mike

I know you read this forum, why didn’t you have the bollocks to write this shit when Corney was chairman? You’ll always be a two bit hack. Oldham fan my arse you utter shit stirring Gobshite!

Thanks Simon...

He's on honeymoon. I hope he's not bothering with OWTB at the moment.

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It’s a very odd way to proceed if it is Baxter. Just confirm it if it is. If it isn’t, say so.  This weird “we can neither confirm or deny if we funded a player already announced” is a bit childish. 

It's not Baxter, It's Menig but only back for a week then the pot will be empty again :)

11 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Maybe I’m missing the irony in your post or something (I am prone to a whoosh), I wasn’t having a go in the slightest. In fact the opposite, I was supporting The Trust by opposing those that were calling you guys out for not commenting so far. I was saying it could be because facts are being sought and an appropriate response formulated.

Ahhhh, you thought I was commenting on finding out about the owners wealth! I wasn’t, I was commenting about the article as a whole.

Actually, I'm the dickhead from top to bottom. Meant to reply to latics22 :jailed:

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I get that, but my point stands. Was insinuated the money wasn’t spent on Baxter but a bigger fish. Just to be clear I’m not having a go at the trust, but unfortunately you are, are only link up. So the frustration gets vented at you. Can inquire how I join the trust please? I work a lot from home and have time to offer.

To be honest it's really frustrating on the playershare front..yes we know who the player is but we can't confirm or deny who it is until we have got rid of some players as we have breached our threshold. It then should be a joint announcement by club and playershare who it is....but it seems to be dragging on a bit.

hindsights is a wonderful thing and maybe we should have waited until the ink was dry and the photo was taken before hinting we were in the mix for someone.

with regards to joining and helping the trust. We have taken a few enquiries of late and we have asked for those who want to help to come and join us at the AGM which will be in July, date and venue tba and we will make sure it doesn't clash with any sporting event..hehe. We have to give two weeks notice and make the announcements on it so I will keep everyone posted

i don't think you are having a pop..well unless you start to use harsh language and name calling  then I will get annoyed and as the hulk would say..you wouldn't like me when I get angry...and green doesn't suit me although I do suit green hair..but that's another story

Okay so, our new owner is allegedly spending 12k a week on Menig, and paying the others a larger sum than normal to.

Why the hell are people saying we are skint ? It just makes no sense ? Clearly we have money and he just needs to learn when and where to spend it ? 

Am I missing something ? 

12 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

He's on honeymoon. I hope he's not bothering with OWTB at the moment.

He's filed that article - and tweeted about it - while on honeymoon? Hahaha fucking hell. I thought me and leeslover catching up with events on here while in a darts-themed pub in Berlin with page 3 girls sellotaped to the walls was bad.

Just now, rosa said:

He's filed that article - and tweeted about it - while on honeymoon? Hahaha fucking hell. I thought me and leeslover catching up with events on here while in a darts-themed pub in Berlin with page 3 girls sellotaped to the walls was bad.

That place sounds like the dream!

13 minutes ago, underdog said:

....but it seems to be dragging on a bit.

If I could remember much from my 40 year old Latin O Level I'd translate that and suggest it should be our new motto

28 minutes ago, singe said:

Cap doffed.

REal respect.

Although getting on a bit myself, you do forget how it was done not all that long ago.

Reminds me of an old joke : What is black and slides down Nelson's Column?

Winnie Mandela...

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Would you say that about a Latics fan player who scored against us?

Not the same though as subjecting yourself to possible liable if he’s got it wrong and his source has made a lot of it up as a grudge.

Reading that article.... and every other post on the matter, I've not once seen any evidence that AL has no money.

In fact that article suggests the opposite whereby he not only had the cash to buy the club but also cash to sign players on silly wages.

Referenced on that article and also quoted by others; he's been saddled with legacy debts, some (or most) of which are being discovered since the takeover and itll take time to clear those.

Due diligence was undertaken so either AL is a naive businessman or has been hoodwinked by Corney.  If the latter then perhaps AL is seeking legal recourse from Corney hence the article by Corney and perhaps why some debts still aren't being cleared and being contested.  I don't have any facts but remaining optimistic at this point.

Reference AL entering the changing room, disciplining players and not allowing players to leave; all I can say is that's his right as owner.  If I'd invested money then I'd probably do the same if players weren't performing or buying clubs not meeting my terms. 

I agree that the time has come Trust and/or AL to come clean.  Fans has spent hard earned money on STs so we have a right for those assurances.  I'm not asking AL to disclose his wealth, plans or budget but to give our Trust members irrefutable evidence that our short to long term future is safe and that funds are there to retain our contracted players to keep or sell plus strengthen.

21 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Okay so, our new owner is allegedly spending 12k a week on Menig, and paying the others a larger sum than normal to.

Why the hell are people saying we are skint ? It just makes no sense ? Clearly we have money and he just needs to learn when and where to spend it ? 

Am I missing something ? 

Because staff werent paid last week neither have Bury or Rochdale we also have a tax bill for £160k outstanding. Thats what the article said. It implys AL made a misjudgement that can happen to people running  businesses for the first time aslong as the problems are corrected then we will be fine in the long run. I hope AL hasnt underestimated what he has taken on.

I don't understand the fashion for kicking Mike Keegan. He might write for the most loathed (and loved) paper in the land but if everything he says is right and he's shining a light on a potential crisis then good on him.

All the noises suggest there's plenty of things to be worried (and to have been worried) about. Mike Keegan isn't one of those things. 

Archived