Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

54 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Very worrying times on the horizon Corney promised  he would only sell to someone who could take the club forward was he being truthful?

Maybe AL could and will do once the absolute mess left behind and papered over from the old regime is sorted. The fact he was paying bills before even taking over shows just how deep in the shit we were clearly in.

its not an encouraging article but I’m willing to wait. I agree some clarity from club and or trust would ease concerns 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Fervid said:

No smoke without fire. 

Absolutely.  But is it the dying embers of a messy past or the emergence of a new fire.  Hopefully the former and AL is trying to sort it out. 

The Trust is sufficiently in the know to be able to either confirm that the club is being run responsibility in its view (notwithstanding a bit of infighting and teething problems which are potentially no more than a storm in a tea cup and generally par for the course

and the product of a bad crop of players)  or that the issues and concerns being expressed are real and action is needed. 

If the former then fine, we have to trust the trust's judgement. 

The Trust exists for a reason and its in situations like this it needs to show its capability to fulfil its purpose. 

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

The Trust is sufficiently in the know to be able to either confirm that the club is being run responsibility in its view (notwithstanding a bit of infighting and teething problems which are potentially no more than a storm in a tea cup and generally par for the course

and the product of a bad crop of players)  or that the issues and concerns being expressed are real and action is needed. 

If the former then fine, we have to trust the trust's judgement. 

The Trust exists for a reason and its in situations like this it needs to show its capability to fulfil its purpose. 

The trust are fed what the club want them to be fed. It looks like, given the tone of the messages on here about Corney, Trust members now feel they were appeased falsely and fed bullshit by Corney (correct me if I'm wrong but that's how it comes across). If the new man wants to feed bullshit too, realistically, there's little to stop him.

1 hour ago, singe said:

True. I did write that before editing it.

Many on here felt that was the case, so I don;t think there is much evidence for that. It may have been you that revealed this.

Maybe Wellens is about to depart and getting his PR in early.....

On the day after the transfer deadline Wellens said publicly when speaking at a Latics networking event that Davies was "like a bear with a sore head" because he hadn't got a move in the transfer window.

14 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

The trust are fed what the club want them to be fed. It looks like, given the tone of the messages on here about Corney, Trust members now feel they were appeased falsely and fed bullshit by Corney (correct me if I'm wrong but that's how it comes across). If the new man wants to feed bullshit too, realistically, there's little to stop him.

That is pure speculation. The Trust has a director inside the club who is able to access whatever info he needs on the club's dealings to satisfy himself, on behalf of the fans, that the club is being run responsibility, as is the sole purpose of his directorship.

If that's not the case, then I would like to think the Trust would have confirmed something to that effect.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

On this occasion I'm not going to shoot the messenger.

I was slaughtered on here months ago for claiming the foreign imports were on a combined 20k as well as the expense of putting them up in hotels, an absolute waste of money and if its Abdallah's then it's unsustainable, ironically if we hadn't of brought in any of our foreign recruits I think we'd of stayed up comfortably with a bog standard keeper in for Placide and with the rest out of the way we'd of been just fine and 500k better off.

You mean AL would £500k better off as he was funding them.

Out of this whole saga, I'm not getting this AL funded Menig's spell at the club as he was already being paid by Rennes. The other players who were not contracted makes sense from an agent's point of view because we were, effectively, a shop window.

49 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Source? 

Sick of cowards like keegan quoting sources that apparently don’t even work there any more so have nothing to fear...  

name the source!

Wellens himself was source for my posts after Northampton. 

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

Out of this whole saga, I'm not getting this AL funded Menig's spell at the club as he was already being paid by Rennes. The other players who were not contracted makes sense from an agent's point of view because we were, effectively, a shop window.

Menig had only just signed for Nantes from Ajax. I would presume they wouldn’t let him go to the 3rd tier of English football for nothing. 

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Menig had only just signed for Nantes from Ajax. I would presume they wouldn’t let him go to the 3rd tier of English football for nothing. 

But what benefit does AL get at that point, at the beginning of the season? He'd already done the deal to get him into A French Ligue 1 squad.

13 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Why would Nantes let a player on so much money leave for free? They’d obviously want a contribution. There’s literally a quote from Abdallah in the article regarding this transfer

'I wanted to give the fans a present, to make them dream,' Lemsagam told Sportsmail.

So, after giving Keegan sh*t for being a crap journalist and the Daily Mail Online sh*t for being a crap online newspaper (riddled with errors), we are now expected to believe both.

The whole Menig story doesn't sit right to me.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bit of an undertone to the article, in keeping with the usual Mail MO.

Don't doubt that most of it is true but a bit off suggesting we've only just hit the buffers in recent months.

This is a fair assessment.  Over-sensationalising it loses credibility. 

Chunks of it are probably true, but bits are probably exaggerated. The Moimbe thing saying it was for a punch, even though Eaves has said he pulled his hair. I have no doubt we threw money at Menig, but £11.5k seems wildly excessive, especially considering he went to Zwolle after, where this article suggests (2 years ago), their going rate was about £3k a week. 

Loads of the stuff pre-dates AL as well: we've had issues paying away tickets for the last couple of years; we've had more winding up petitions than we know what to do with; and we've had issues with paying player. I'm not suggesting any of this is right or good, but there's a hangover from 10 years of no investment, and to think it would magically disappear overnight is naive. 

Re Davies: he signed a two year contract. He can sulk all he wants, just cause you want a move doesn't mean you automatically get one. 

55 minutes ago, Andy b said:

The Trust has a director inside the club who is able to access whatever info he needs on the club's dealings to satisfy himself, on behalf of the fans, that the club is being run responsibility, as is the sole purpose of his directorship.

This wasn't the case apparently last season

If that's not the case, then I would like to think the Trust would have confirmed something to that effect. they confirmed this last season

Archived