Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If I could remember much from my 40 year old Latin O Level I'd translate that and suggest it should be our new motto

Sat celeriter fieri quidquid fiat satis bene

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I hope it pisses down and his missus gets caught with her pants down tbh. Doom mongering bastard. 

Oh dear ....my twisted sense of humour made me laugh out loud...print that one mr K..oohps

56 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If I could remember much from my 40 year old Latin O Level I'd translate that and suggest it should be our new motto

Where's  Magister  when you need him?

27 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is  Keegan really Lookerstandandy ? Throwing everything in the open and even blatantly making shit up. All just to force AL to be left with no other option other than to reveal his God damn PLAN !!!! 

:lol: You don’t want to hear from the owner of your football club, regarding his plan for it, after an article like that from a journalist who supports the same club? :lol:

Can't believe people are blindly doubting the authenticity of this, really weird mentality. If it transpires that Keegan is lying then he and Sportsmail will rightly be facing some rather hefty legal fees. I have no reason to believe that an Oldham fan would tell porkies about the club he loves for a minuscule number of clicks at this stage. Club statement needed.

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

:lol: You don’t want to hear from the owner of your football club, regarding his plan for it, after an article like that from a journalist who supports the same club? :lol:

‘Twas just a little joke Andy. Not a great one just a quip. Yeah of course it would be great but actions speak louder than words. I’m willing to wait and see what happens and hopeful AL wants to be a success with us and move us on. It surely cannot be worse than what has been a torrid time under SC and pals. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

‘Twas just a little joke Andy. Not a great one just a quip. Yeah of course it would be great but actions speak louder than words. I’m willing to wait and see what happens and hopeful AL wants to be a success with us and move us on. It surely cannot be worse than what has been a torrid time under SC and pals. 

On one hand, it’s already worse.... we’ve been relegated and our income will be min c£500k pa less as a result.

Forget tub thumping histrionics like promotions and marquee signings from Nantes.

We haven’t got time to wait.... we (via the Trust) need to press him now, to run the Ltd company properly, so that we don’t become liquidated.

I want to take my son to watch our football team together. I may never get the opportunity if this shenanigans continues.

With regards to former staff that "have departed and are considering taking the club to an employment tribunal" We don't know for certain who they are, but surely one is Billy Quarmby? If it is him, he will have to get his skates on, the time he has left can be counted in days. My hunch is it is not him, as when he left he spoke of his new job, he said he had not officially started. Which indicates he left under notice.

11 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Can't believe people are blindly doubting the authenticity of this, really weird mentality. If it transpires that Keegan is lying then he and Sportsmail will rightly be facing some rather hefty legal fees. I have no reason to believe that an Oldham fan would tell porkies about the club he loves for a minuscule number of clicks at this stage. Club statement needed.

I doubt most people think he is lying. Personally believe he is writing what he as told. But the fact is certain parts are likely embellished.eg the part about going to tribunal.

Also, people may have been fed the figures, and now it might be clear who is leaking.

There are so many possible agendas by those feeding the info.

Think of those leaving a job, it is often embellished, At the very least it is only one side of the story and the one you want someone to hear.

Take Menigs salary, how likely would it be that we are only paying a proportion of it? And that AL would be naive to pay the whole amount?

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

I don't understand the fashion for kicking Mike Keegan. He might write for the most loathed (and loved) paper in the land but if everything he says is right and he's shining a light on a potential crisis then good on him.

All the noises suggest there's plenty of things to be worried (and to have been worried) about. Mike Keegan isn't one of those things. 

He said he had a big reveal about brass bank. Where's that?

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

I don't understand the fashion for kicking Mike Keegan. He might write for the most loathed (and loved) paper in the land but if everything he says is right and he's shining a light on a potential crisis then good on him.

All the noises suggest there's plenty of things to be worried (and to have been worried) about. Mike Keegan isn't one of those things. 

He said he had a big reveal about brass bank. Where's that?

21 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Ditto blindly believing every word too.

Archived