Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

Our owner has travelled the world, rub shoulders with the worlds best players / managers and made a fortune from the transfers and contract agreements of players worldwide. I doubt he's had his pants pulled down within months of being here wage wise. 

The lad we apparently pay 4k a week to was released by Tours, think on eh. Keegan is one bitter cunt as is the person feeding him the info. A lot of which I and others have shared on here already. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how big Abdallah 'previous' business was but would imagine most of what he is seeing is new to him.

The chief executive is really just an over promoted commercial guy, we need to get some people in who know what running a football club is all about.

7 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Our owner has travelled the world, rub shoulders with the worlds best players / managers and made a fortune from the transfers and contract agreements of players worldwide. I doubt he's had his pants pulled down within months of being here wage wise. 

The lad we apparently pay 4k a week to was released by Tours, think on eh. Keegan is one bitter cunt as is the person feeding him the info. A lot of which I and others have shared on here already. 

I like your post, however U are kinda arguing against yourself?

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Point being mcfluff, if the Trust and our representive director inside the club were content last season and remain content now, notwithstanding the mail article, then we should be content that we are generally being run responsibly, at least from a financial point of view.

I place more weight on what the Trust says than a speculative article in the Mail. However, I am not convinced other fans have the same faith in the trust, rightly or wrongly, and that's where the Trust needs to improve 

So let's say he spent £5 million buying the club and another couple of million keeping it afloat last season and now, on the basis of some on here listening to "insider" stories and some dodgy journalist who nobody trusts but NOTHING from AL himself...…….we have a skint chairman.

Still doesn't make sense.

I don't know what to believe anymore. It seems odd that a bloke with no money is allowed to take over a football club so I therefore assume he has something even if he has money tied up elsewhere at the moment. 

One thing that does concern me is the amount of money he reportedly thrown at players that wouldn't make it at any level in the EFL. Mouche has played less than half of a game of football for the club, yet commands a 4k salary. Menig played in fits and starts and was largely poo, yet commanded a loan wage of 11k! Jesus if that's true we could have signed some stonking L1/championship players for that! This then brings me to AL's eye for a player. If these are the lads he wants to bring in then he needs to be far away from player recruitment as possible. 

Being involved with the team in terms of showing up in the dressing room, it's not the most helpful thing to do but you know what, if my investment was in the shitter I'd be kicking off too.

I don't think we all fully know what state everything will be in when we kick off in August. The venom in the article must be coming from a certain defunked former name at the club. 

I think the club need to officially come out now with some very solid, concrete facts as to where we are, what went wrong and what happens next. Otherwise bullshit and roumours will continue to float, much like Ah unflushable turd. 

4 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

I don't know what to believe anymore. It seems odd that a bloke with no money is allowed to take over a football club so I therefore assume he has something even if he has money tied up elsewhere at the moment. 

One thing that does concern me is the amount of money he reportedly thrown at players that wouldn't make it at any level in the EFL. Mouche has played less than half of a game of football for the club, yet commands a 4k salary. Menig played in fits and starts and was largely poo, yet commanded a loan wage of 11k! Jesus if that's true we could have signed some stonking L1/championship players for that! This then brings me to AL's eye for a player. If these are the lads he wants to bring in then he needs to be far away from player recruitment as possible. 

Being involved with the team in terms of showing up in the dressing room, it's not the most helpful thing to do but you know what, if my investment was in the shitter I'd be kicking off too.

I don't think we all fully know what state everything will be in when we kick off in August. The venom in the article must be coming from a certain defunked former name at the club. 

I think the club need to officially come out now with some very solid, concrete facts as to where we are, what went wrong and what happens next. Otherwise bullshit and roumours will continue to float, much like Ah unflushable turd. 

Don’t buy it personally 

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Trust, is sounding like a ironic name at the min.... deafening  silence ....

Maybe it’s because they are looking into the situation before responding. They are volunteers remember and may not have even seen the article until they finished work.

What is also very odd, reading between the  lines. It seems the trust are insinuating that the player share cash wasn’t spent on Baxter ? I was thinking Doyle or Bryan. Maybe AL has splashed the cash and he loaded ?

Right folks I've been pondering what to type since I read the article as I was leaving work. I really don't know how to respond to the article itself or the questions raised by it. So I'm just going to put my first thoughts down on here, they may ramble, they may seem negative, they may seem unfeeling, they may not answer bugger all,  so I will apologise now in advance

when I read it the article I thought here we go again. We seem to be getting a lot of negative press of late, just when I thought we had all turn the corner. I can understand when you read it in black and white you might think "holy crap..what the chuff is going on.." But I went for a swim and pondered a bit on it

the article itself. It's a mix bag of old stories under the former and new regime.  Think most of it we Have covered on owtb at various times of year, wether that's been a fact, a rumour, what we have heard or hinted at. Under the former regime we discussed monthly issues at trust meetings and sometimes, we decided not to let news out like some stuff in the article because we have a duty of care not just to protect the club, but it's reputation and it's employees. We would of course have acted then under former owner and now under new owner if we thought the survival of the club was at all in jeopardy. I suppose what gives the article more impact is the financial figures quoted, the player stuff/dressing room stuff quoted. I usually say things come out in the wash, well it's out there now we have to see what the facts are in it

Al has admitted he has made mistakes, Wellens has too. Maybe I was being a bit naive/blinkered to think everything was going to be sorted in a short period of time, when it's been years of neglect that has got us to where we are now. I still genuinely believe the only way is up for our club and that Al is a better alternative to Corney and although I might be that blinkered, irrational and maybe emotional with it all I can assure you that there are those on the trust board who are not, who have been through our darkest hour, who have the training and skills to know when we should act.

You're  trust board are in contact with each other and our mobiles are on overdrive tonight with it all. Please be a little a patient, whilst we gather our thoughts and ponder any action that we may need to take

cheers

15 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What makes you come to that conclusion? 

Not much to be honest - just if I was to guess the situation that would be my guess... I know that when he was doing the deal to get Doyle in he had a 'money's no object' approach. Yet we seem to be running on empty now. So I'm guessing he had access to cash, but that's dried up.

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

What is also very odd, reading between the  lines. It seems the trust are insinuating that the player share cash wasn’t spent on Baxter ? I was thinking Doyle or Bryan. Maybe AL has splashed the cash and he loaded ?

Playershare money can only be accessed on the request of the manger of OAFC and that person alone.

I can confirm playershare has been approached to help fund a player, but until the manager and club want to make the announcement of who the player is and our involvement, as in a joint announcement we have decided to keep the players identity a secret.

thanks

2 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Maybe it’s because they are looking into the situation before responding. They are volunteers remember and may not have even seen the article until they finished work.

Ok, I'm going to reveal Abdallah's exact net worth in precisely 5 minutes.

To a duck on the River Ness.

Hope this helps.

9 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Hope this helps.

Does this duck know to keep it's bill shut?

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Playershare money can only be accessed on the request of the manger of OAFC and that person alone.

I get that, but my point stands. Was insinuated the money wasn’t spent on Baxter but a bigger fish. Just to be clear I’m not having a go at the trust, but unfortunately you are, are only link up. So the frustration gets vented at you. Can inquire how I join the trust please? I work a lot from home and have time to offer.

10 minutes ago, underdog said:

I can confirm playershare has been approached to help fund a player, but until the manager and club want to make the announcement of who the player is and our involvement, as in a joint announcement we have decided to keep the players identity a secret.

thanks

So it’s not Baxter? As his signing or agreement to sign has already been announced.

16 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Hope this helps.

Maybe I’m missing the irony in your post or something (I am prone to a whoosh), I wasn’t having a go in the slightest. In fact the opposite, I was supporting The Trust by opposing those that were calling you guys out for not commenting so far. I was saying it could be because facts are being sought and an appropriate response formulated.

Ahhhh, you thought I was commenting on finding out about the owners wealth! I wasn’t, I was commenting about the article as a whole.

3 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

So it’s not Baxter? As his signing or agreement to sign has already been announced.

It’s a very odd way to proceed if it is Baxter. Just confirm it if it is. If it isn’t, say so.  This weird “we can neither confirm or deny if we funded a player already announced” is a bit childish. 

Archived