Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

They knew sometime before the game we were on tv. Id imagine that money has been banked by now.

Remind me not to buy BT shares if the company pays out in advance of an event actually taking place. 

If match is postponed and tv coverage switches to another game then there’s no payment so highly unlikely that Latics would have got anything before end of last month. 

It’s excellent that the club can count on the money , and that for winning, and that could reassure our bank - but it wouldn’t be showing in the bank account !

4 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Remind me not to buy BT shares if the company pays out in advance of an event actually taking place. 

If match is postponed and tv coverage switches to another game then there’s no payment so highly unlikely that Latics would have got anything before end of last month. 

It’s excellent that the club can count on the money , and that for winning, and that could reassure our bank - but it wouldn’t be showing in the bank account !

Im going to go all bean counter here so anyone not interested scroll down now

They knew about the fixture in mid October we played the fixture 3 weeks ago I imagine BT have more than 1 payment run a week nevermind per month. Plenty of time to get the invoice in and processed. I imagine like many big organisations BT have a number of different suppliers on different payment terms Buying shares in them will be a pretty safe bet Id imagine.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

They knew about the fixture in mid October we played the fixture 3 weeks ago I imagine BT have more than 1 payment run a week nevermind per month. Plenty of time to get the invoice in and processed. I imagine like many big organisations BT have a number of different suppliers on different payment terms Buying shares in them will be a pretty safe bet Id imagine.

Especially with my company’s CEO moving there next year, he’ll turn things around there if he wants to add to the millions he’s already made. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I’ll agree to disagree that the payment would necessarily have been deposited.

The critical issue is whether there was enough money to pay the wages - and so far there has been no indication that they haven’t been. Which is good.

18 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

I’ll agree to disagree that the payment would necessarily have been deposited.

The critical issue is whether there was enough money to pay the wages - and so far there has been no indication that they haven’t been. Which is good.

I just hope we are not relying on TV revenue to pay the wages every month😳

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Wouldn't surprise me, he's been round telling anyone who'll listen that he'll never play for us again so it wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world given AL's track record.

Then he really is a duffus...if you'll please excuse the yoof/urban terminology. :D

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If your stirring the pot and quite a good source has claimed otherwise name some names. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Go on then... who?

...and is it because it’s late or because the person in question isn’t at work right now or in dispute?

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Nothing on Twitter from the 'usual' sources.
Not saying you are incorrect but, a bit of supporting info would go a long way.

What benefit is it to me of lying. I wouldn’t shed oldham in a bad light for no reason. Just thought I would let you guys know what I have been told. 

Also not saying it’s every player as I don’t have that answer. 

Believe it or don’t, I don’t really mind.

14 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

What benefit is it to me of lying. I wouldn’t shed oldham in a bad light for no reason. Just thought I would let you guys know what I have been told. 

So who is it? 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Sorry . Given the info previously given, you are going to have to give a little more away for credibility. That is your call. The benefit fo lying is that some have had agendas against owners in the past, and much stired. It might not be fair, just the way it is

28 minutes ago, singe said:

Sorry . Given the info previously given, you are going to have to give a little more away for credibility. That is your call. The benefit fo lying is that some have had agendas against owners in the past, and much stired. It might not be fair, just the way it is

No problem, I understand your doubt entirely. I can’t provide names on here as I believe that would go against my moral compass. 

I actually like AL I think he has funded us and kept us going. He’s made mistakes but without him we would be much worse. 

16 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

No problem, I understand your doubt entirely. I can’t provide names on here as I believe that would go against my moral compass. 

I actually like AL I think he has funded us and kept us going. He’s made mistakes but without him we would be much worse. 

These things are never usually hidden from the all-invasive monster that is Twitter. There is nothing on there, whilst previous incidents have been rampantly commented on, with the obligatory abuse to the club's owner thrown in for good measure. If it was on there, I would be more inclined to believe it to be true.

As I said, no disrespect to yourself and I could yet be proved wrong.

20 minutes ago, Wardie said:

These things are never usually hidden from the all-invasive monster that is Twitter. There is nothing on there, whilst previous incidents have been rampantly commented on, with the obligatory abuse to the club's owner thrown in for good measure. If it was on there, I would be more inclined to believe it to be true.

I havenever heard "Twitter" and "believe it to be true" in consecutive sentences before

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

As I said, no disrespect to yourself and I could yet be proved wrong.

Yeah no problem. I also find that strange. I wonder if this is an isolated incident as there is a tad of a dispute between player and club. It’s 100% true that this player hasn’t been paid. As I said I was just passing it on as I want to contribute more to this board. 

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah no problem. I also find that strange. I wonder if this is an isolated incident as there is a tad of a dispute between player and club. It’s 100% true that this player hasn’t been paid. As I said I was just passing it on as I want to contribute more to this board. 

Could be something along those lines and it is being kept, somewhat miraculously, out of the social media limelight...which would be a first, given the club's recent track record. :D

Archived