Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

19 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Please see my post before this one. My theory is that Abdallah's investment consortium are paying the wages for the new players whilst the deal goes through, and that in return they get exclusive rights to buy OAFC for a limited period. No proof for that, but it seems reasonable to me. In the interim, SC has to fund the club, and he's admitted many times that's a struggle. 

That's the most plausible explanation I've read so far for the seemingly contradictory events of the recruitment of a large number of foreign players to a now  large squad (by our standards) vs  not  being able to pay the wages on time.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Please see my post before this one. My theory is that Abdallah's investment consortium are paying the wages for the new players whilst the deal goes through, and that in return they get exclusive rights to buy OAFC for a limited period. No proof for that, but it seems reasonable to me. In the interim, SC has to fund the club, and he's admitted many times that's a struggle. 

23 minutes ago, bozman said:

That's the most plausible explanation I've read so far for the seemingly contradictory events of the recruitment of a large number of foreign players to a now  large squad (by our standards) vs  not  being able to pay the wages on time.

The other possibility is that a deposit was used to fund players. That having being used in the interim, but the deal has been delayed longer than anticipated.
AL has been sighted at games so highly unlikely to have fallen through.

9 minutes ago, singe said:

The other possibility is that a deposit was used to fund players. That having being used in the interim, but the deal has been delayed longer than anticipated.
AL has been sighted at games so highly unlikely to have fallen through.

That was my original thought. But I think that  if Corney had a deposit inhis hands, he'd have kept some of it back to pay wages as he would have foreseen cash flow issues on the horizon.

By the way, I think it's worth pointing out that the notion that the foreign lads are being paid by Lemsagam is just a theory that seems plausible at the moment and nothing more. I notice it is already being stated as fact on Twitter.

Has anyone had any confirmation, from a member of the non playing staff may be, that wages have not been paid this month or is that just an internet rumour at this stage too?

1 minute ago, bozman said:

That was my original thought. But I think that  if Corney had a deposit inhis hands, he'd have kept some of it back to pay wages as he would have foreseen cash flow issues on the horizon.

By the way, I think it's worth pointing out that the notion that the foreign lads are being paid by Lemsagam is just a theory that seems plausible at the moment and nothing more. I notice it is already being stated as fact on Twitter.

Has anyone had any confirmation, from a member of the non playing staff may be, that wages have not been paid this month or is that just an internet rumour at this stage too?

When did these Twitter "facts" come out please? I'm not a member of the Twitterati. 

24 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

My worry would be there could be a lot of unrest in the squad if the Lensagam lads are being paid and the rest not!

10 minutes ago, bozman said:

We'd normally pay a proportion of a loan players wages, so is this stemming from the fact that Queensy would be paid by Nantes or a proportion and not Latics bit?

Interestingly, RW said in this article (https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/october/03102017-richie-wellens-previews-crewe-alexandra/):

“I might start two youngsters and then have a couple on the bench."

But his team line up was pretty strong - only Hamer and Fawns on the bench who you'd class as youngsters.

Maybe pressure from above to get the win, and hence the prize money on offer?

2 minutes ago, singe said:

We'd normally pay a proportion of a loan players wages, so is this stemming from the fact that Queensy would be paid by Nantes or a proportion and not Latics bit?

I think with loans, the parent club pays the wage in full and invoice the loaning club for the proportion they are paying. So I'd expect our loanees have been paid by their parent club regardless of whether the contracted players have.

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

Interestingly, RW said in this article (https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/october/03102017-richie-wellens-previews-crewe-alexandra/):

But his team line up was pretty strong - only Hamer and Fawns on the bench who you'd class as youngsters.

Ah but as my prediction LEague score from last week shows, he's a bugger with the mind games!

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

He addressed that in his post match interview. He said his original thought was to play 3 or 4 of them, but as time passed he felt that he needed to win the game so opted for a stronger side.

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

There was an interview after the match where he said he changed his mind as he wanted to win the game. He seemed pretty genuine.

1 hour ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Agreed.

And deals can take ages to sort.  I’ve mentioned before I am involved in the process of selling 5 businesses that I sit on the board of at the moment.

We have a separate team to manage the sale (5 people) so that me and the board can concentrate on running the business as usual; we have a £5m budget for advisors and legal (KPMG etc) and all the intial indications were that the sales would be done by June, September at the latest.

Into October and all businesses are still here, but the sales are going through but the complexity of the process means its slow going.

It might be that SC hoped it would be done by now, and as someone else mentioned, he is continuing to find balancing the books hard work.

49 minutes ago, bozman said:

I think with loans, the parent club pays the wage in full and invoice the loaning club for the proportion they are paying. So I'd expect our loanees have been paid by their parent club regardless of whether the contracted players have.

Correct, and it might be monthly fees, one off up front, one off at the end or anything else you can think of 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

There was an interview after the match where he said he changed his mind as he wanted to win the game. He seemed pretty genuine.

Fucking hell how novel, a new manager whose aim is to go out and win a game as opposed to your Kellys/Robinsons/Dunns of this world who set us up to pinch 51% of the possession and a 0-0 draw.

The revolution has begun. :OASISscarf:

The one thing that no-one is taking account of when discussing non paid salaries is FPP (or SCMP in League 1) whereby takings and salaries

are supposedly costed in advance on a cash flow forecast basis and meet guidelines issued by the EFL.

All these requirements are irrespective of a takeover/investment/loan etc.

Surely the basis of that is to avoid the problems which might be occuring at the end of the month (again.)

Perhaps we are not being monitored so closely since our Embargo could have been for one of the 'simpler' failures as a club that;

10.1.1  fails to file a SCMP submission by the due date (17th June and 9th December)

10.1.2 fails to file further information as requested

10.1.3 fails to meet the requirements of SCMP-basically 60% of 'turnover.'

I had assumed that we would be subject to ongoing monitoring by the EFL but it seems perhaps not!  

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Probably looking to Improve his chances of getting his hands on September's wages!

4 minutes ago, cmr said:

Maybe..... just maaayyyybbeee, all the rumours of wages not being paid are a load of bollocks?

At least one person has confirmed that a member of staff has told them, and knows players that have not.

However, the first I saw of itwas Latics Insider on Twitter on Friday.

I have not seen anything that has since confirmed no payments after Monday ie into the new month and not related to a weekend day. Soit could be all on the back of that tweet.

Open minded at the moment.

2 hours ago, bozman said:

Mate of mine works at the club. He hasn't been paid. Or at least he hadn't been paid yesterday...

1 hour ago, singe said:

At least one person has confirmed that a member of staff has told them, and knows players that have not.

However, the first I saw of itwas Latics Insider on Twitter on Friday.

I have not seen anything that has since confirmed no payments after Monday ie into the new month and not related to a weekend day. Soit could be all on the back of that tweet.

Open minded at the moment.

Saw something on a Facebook group last week and twitter last night. It all be sorted.

Archived