Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

11 hours ago, Dave1978 said:

I live facing our youth keeper Boyling and was speaking to his father yesterday. He told me that the takeover is already completed but not being announced yet. He also said that the new owner is a relative of City's owner. Also 1 of our youth coach's has said be prepared as there's a revolution about to happen at Oldham. Just passing on what I heard. Hope it's true. 

Thank you. No shooting the messenger here. Appreciate you've named your source (but prehaps shouldnt have!)

I'd dismissed the City feeder club article as just giving an example, but this might change that.

Having said that, I'm not sure that the takeover could be officialy complete due to naming of Directors at Comapanies House etc I suspect he means it's been approved in principle and all the "paperwork" needs to be compeleted.

Still I'm optimistic all is going to be good, for now! Adn thanks for passing on.

Edit

THe bit about the new owner bing a relative of City owner presumably means Abdallah is the middle man?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dave1978 said:

I live facing our youth keeper Boyling and was speaking to his father yesterday. He told me that the takeover is already completed but not being announced yet. He also said that the new owner is a relative of City's owner. Also 1 of our youth coach's has said be prepared as there's a revolution about to happen at Oldham. Just passing on what I heard. Hope it's true. 

You never know... Let's hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

yet what I will say is your trust rep who sits on the board of OAFC and as part of the board, has to vote on the investment/takeover, has not been advised of what the deal is.

again the landlords/Necarcu loan company have to approve it too aswell as the EFL.

9 minutes ago, singe said:

Thank you. No shooting the messenger here. Appreciate you've named your source (but prehaps shouldnt have!)

I'd dismissed the City feeder club article as just giving an example, but this might change that.

Having said that, I'm not sure that the takeover could be officialy complete due to naming of Directors at Comapanies House etc I suspect he means it's been approved in principle and all the "paperwork" needs to be compeleted.

Still I'm optimistic all is going to be good, for now! Adn thanks for passing on.

Edit

THe bit about the new owner bing a relative of City owner presumably means Abdallah is the middle man?

Well if true, at least we have an idea of the money chain...didn't think it would be Abdallah.

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

You never know... Let's hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

yet what I will say is your trust rep who sits on the board of OAFC and as part of the board, has to vote on the investment/takeover, has not been advised of what the deal is.

again the landlords/Necarcu loan company have to approve it too aswell as the EFL.

Surely the vote is Irrelevant if corneys vote is over 50%? I'm sure people who are owed money are all for it, if it means they get the money quicker? 

7 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Surely the vote is Irrelevant if corneys vote is over 50%? I'm sure people who are owed money are all for it, if it means they get the money quicker? 

Makes a mockery of any company having a board, following corporate governance and good business practice if this is the case.

lets not be blind sighted, are you not curious of who is holding the purse strings of this proposed deal? and if the source is legitimate? Do you want you club to be sold to anyone? It's a business, we want it to be in safe hands don't we? Selling it or allowing investment in it without paying yes, I'll say it...due diligence...can't be allowed. There are examples of this going wrong. Let's get it right 

24 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Corney's vote is 20%.

How does that work when he owes 97% share of the business? 

22 minutes ago, underdog said:

Makes a mockery of any company having a board, following corporate governance and good business practice if this is the case.

lets not be blind sighted, are you not curious of who is holding the purse strings of this proposed deal? and if the source is legitimate? 

I'm at a point where the trust aren't in a position to find investment and no one else is coming forward so why not put our faith in this investment/takeover. We have not moved out of this league for 20 years, the trust and potential investors have had opportunity to get to where this new guy is at but nothing has happened. I'm all for abit of change now. 

13 hours ago, another fan said:

Was sat in Main Stand in front of some young French men during the match last Tuesday. Fair game to them they appeared to be passionate and extremely vocal in watching events on the pitch

I was sat in front of a couple of French blokes at Fleetwood. They didn't seem to know much about the team as they were asking the lad next to them about it. However they were really supporting us vocally.

24 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

How does that work when he owes 97% share of the business? 

I'm at a point where the trust aren't in a position to find investment and no one else is coming forward so why not put our faith in this investment/takeover. We have not moved out of this league for 20 years, the trust and potential investors have had opportunity to get to where this new guy is at but nothing has happened. I'm all for abit of change now. 

The trust have welcomed and do welcome investment/take over. Previously,  the chairman has come with the club though, maybe this has now changed or maybe it hasn't, we don't know yet

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

And majority will carry presumably. How many board members and who are they? 

I'm assuming that these directors are appointed by the shareholders (trust rep aside). And Simon Corney has 97% of the shares. So it wouldn't take long for him to get them lined up or replaced with others who know which way to vote. 

On 28/09/2017 at 10:29 AM, deyres42 said:

He was forever bleating about the Salford crowd sizes so there's no hope for him with us.

Difference with a Football League club more money, more potential, greater wider audience than in Rugby League

Not sure everyone saw these from the other day, which lends weight to the already taken over point

Chris Hull @mrchrishull Sep 30

Prospective new majority shareholder Abdallah Lemsagam was also on team coach arriving at Fratton Park in the last half hour. #oafc #pfc

Almost 100 applicants for the job & still coming in. Shortlist for job is down to a handful including interim manager Richie Wellens. #oafc

3 minutes ago, singe said:

Not sure everyone saw these from the other day, which lends weight to the already taken over point

Chris Hull @mrchrishull Sep 30

Prospective new majority shareholder Abdallah Lemsagam was also on team coach arriving at Fratton Park in the last half hour. #oafc #pfc

Almost 100 applicants for the job & still coming in. Shortlist for job is down to a handful including interim manager Richie Wellens. #oafc

Thank you for that, hadn't seen it, but if true it's 3 pieces of very good news. Abdallah seeing first hand the difference that Ritchie has made would be fantastic. 

29 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Thank you for that, hadn't seen it, but if true it's 3 pieces of very good news. Abdallah seeing first hand the difference that Ritchie has made would be fantastic. 

We would have won anyway according to the Sheridan disciples...

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

If abdallah was on the coach and has been to most of the games surely he can't just be the go between???

He could well be buying in himself, but I think it's feasible that he could be the appointed representative of whoever it is who is buying, both to negotiate the purchase and to represent them at the club after completion.

Taking City as the example. Sheik Mansour owns the club through his private equity firm but he rarely ever turns up at City and isn't involved at all in the running of the club. He appointed Khaldoon as the Chairman and to be his representative overseeing the club.

I'm curious bar the well being of our club is anyone concerned over the legitimacy of the money chain?

I believe Abdallah is Morrocan born is/was as Abu Dhabi FIFA agent with his own sporting company up to a few weeks ago. Let's face it the club is for sale. Thinks it's already been discussed but club only in name can't be worth much can it?

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

I'm curious bar the well being of our club is anyone concerned over the legitimacy of the money chain?

I believe Abdallah is Morrocan born is/was as Abu Dhabi FIFA agent with his own sporting company up to a few weeks ago. Let's face it the club is for sale. Thinks it's already been discussed but club only in name can't be worth much can it?

I don't think anyone knows anything about the money chain yet so it's difficult to know whether we need to be concerned or not at the moment.

It's not unusual for foreign based owners to use agents/middlemen, with more subject matter knowledge than themselves, to negotiate the purchase of football clubs. The one thing we do know about Abdallah is that he's very well connected in the world of football.

Archived