Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

All I care about is the long-term financial security of our club.

Whoever is buying us I doubt is mega-wealthy.  I don't know anything but we're not that lucky; never have been, never will be.

If they're investing in the playing side to make promotion more likely then happy days.  Once we're promoted then Blitz can then hopefully sell the ground, stand, land etc and we can move on.

It would be unreal if the new owner behind Lemsagam is a billionaire.  About time we had the luck to cement ourselves in the Championship so the likes of Byrne, Doyle and Bryan are realistic and achievable transfer targets permanently.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, singe said:

I don't think you could call Simon Brooke a Yes Man, he's been kept out of the loop. The other 3, definitely though.

This is not going to be popular nor believed by those who seek to be part of the masses. Barry is certainly no yes man and certainly questions SC over many issues that the rest of us would. Now that is the truth of the matter.

I will have zero concerns about the money trail until I need to have concerns, or have knowledge that leads to concerns.  Constantly thinking the worst, or expecting it, is negative and pointless.  I’ll assume the buyers have best intentions and are good guys until I see or hear evidence of otherwise. 

We really do need to get out of this mentality of constant suspicion and negativity. 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I'm curious bar the well being of our club is anyone concerned over the legitimacy of the money chain?

I believe Abdallah is Morrocan born is/was as Abu Dhabi FIFA agent with his own sporting company up to a few weeks ago. 

What are you suggesting?

48 minutes ago, Lags said:

This is not going to be popular nor believed by those who seek to be part of the masses. Barry is certainly no yes man and certainly questions SC over many issues that the rest of us would. Now that is the truth of the matter.

We've known for a long time that he's always duly diligent.....

49 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I will have zero concerns about the money trail until I need to have concerns, or have knowledge that leads to concerns.  Constantly thinking the worst, or expecting it, is negative and pointless.  I’ll assume the buyers have best intentions and are good guys until I see or hear evidence of otherwise. 

We really do need to get out of this mentality of constant suspicion and negativity. 

That's why the trust is not working, instead of looking to engage with the new investor/ owner, we go on the negative because your not the first to hear the result of what is going on. Far too negative underdog from yours and the trusts view point. Either be proactive and start looking for new owners /investment or accept the change. If not, might be time for yourself to step down from the trust as surely you don't have the fans best interests at heart. 

7 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

That's why the trust is not working, instead of looking to engage with the new investor/ owner, we go on the negative because your not the first to hear the result of what is going on. Far too negative underdog from yours and the trusts view point. Either be proactive and start looking for new owners /investment or accept the change. If not, might be time for yourself to step down from the trust as surely you don't have the fans best interests at heart. 

Is Underdogs viewpoint the same as The Trusts?  I'm pretty sure the view she posts is not necessarily held by everyone on The Trust and shouldn't really be taken as such.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is Underdogs viewpoint the same as The Trusts?  I'm pretty sure the view she posts is not necessarily held by everyone on The Trust and shouldn't really be taken as such.

No idea, the only noise we hear from them is from the two posters here. They certainly sing from the same hymn sheet.

28 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

I do think that is a bit harsh. The fans best interest is someone asking the hard questions, and ensuring legitimacy and not simply rolling out the red carpet.

Though I do agree it should be engaging, and not unwelcoming. The Trust, though, has said it welcomes the investment.

It is a concern that is was bypassed, and I've said before as a consequence the direction i believe the Trust should now go as independent and work on the hard slog of building a slush fund, but that is merely my opinion.

Just now, singe said:

I do think that is a bit harsh. The fans best interest is someone asking the hard questions, and ensuring legitimacy and not simply rolling out the red carpet.

Though I do agree it should be engaging, and not unwelcoming. The Trust, though, has said it welcomes the investment.

It is a concern that is was bypassed, and I've said before as a consequence the direction i believe the Trust should now go as independent and work on the hard slog of building a slush fund, but that is merely my opinion.

Better served being independent.  I agree. 

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

I’d say it’s the exact opposite. I think the Trust are doing exactly what they should be doing. How can they engage with a new investor when they’ve been given no details. How are they supposed accept change when there is nothing to accept. I’m pretty sure they’d love to engage and get involved, but that’s the problem. Our bellend owner is playing his usual cloak and dagger routine. Crack on Underdog and the Trust, you’re doing a great job. 

6 minutes ago, CD's Orange Heels said:

I’d say it’s the exact opposite. I think the Trust are doing exactly what they should be doing. How can they engage with a new investor when they’ve been given no details. How are they supposed accept change when there is nothing to accept. I’m pretty sure they’d love to engage and get involved, but that’s the problem. Our bellend owner is playing his usual cloak and dagger routine. Crack on Underdog and the Trust, you’re doing a great job. 

He has been at every game since corney came out and said the guy was interested! They could of quite easily gone up to him and discussed face to face or asked him to meet with them. 

18 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

He has been at every game since corney came out and said the guy was interested! They could of quite easily gone up to him and discussed face to face or asked him to meet with them. 

Exactly how Corney likes to do business, off the record and under the radar. I’ve no idea if the trust have already tried what you’ve suggested, but they’d get shot down on here if they went about things like that. They can’t win either way with people. They’re just trying to do their best and protect the interests of the fans and the club. They’ve been very professional about the way they’ve gone about things, shame the same can’t be said for Corney.  

56 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

33 minutes ago, CD's Orange Heels said:

Exactly how Corney likes to do business, off the record and under the radar. I’ve no idea if the trust have already tried what you’ve suggested, but they’d get shot down on here if they went about things like that.   

Everybody except me and the Trust seems to have met & had a chat with Lemsagam....

15 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Totally agree. 

I get fed up with the constant negativity/conspiracy clap-trap that social media breeds. It's Chinese whispers all round. Do these people not realise that a relentless barrage of back-biting and pernicious comments, regarding the situation, could actually sway thing in the opposite direction to what the club needs? If the prospective buyers or investors pass all the required standards, then bring it on.

Meanwhile, let's keep on enjoying the product Mr. Wellens is bringing to the table. :) 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Totally agree. 

I get fed up with the constant negativity/conspiracy clap-trap that social media breeds. It's Chinese whispers all round. Do these people not realise that a relentless barrage of back-biting and pernicious comments, regarding the situation, could actually sway thing in the opposite direction to what the club needs? If the prospective buyers or investors pass all the required standards, then bring it on.

Meanwhile, let's keep on enjoying the product Mr. Wellens is bringing to the table. :) 

Excellent post although after a few reds i had to google pernicious. Thank God for auto complete! Its my new favourite word.

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

Totally agree. 

It should be no surprise to any organisation that given a lack of information then speculation will fill the vacuum, or people will simply make things up.  Given what has gone on at our club, and indeed other clubs, it is completely understandable that there are people with serious concerns and they have every right to air them here.  If any potential buyer is disconcerted by such comments then I'd question whether owning a football club is for them.  For whatever reason, likely confidentiality, the link between owner and fans has been severed for now, so in the meantime everyone's views should be welcomed on a forum like this.

In saying this, I totally agree with your comment to both bring it on and to enjoy RWs refreshing product on the pitch.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Facebook reporting this too. Does this mean that the deal is not as close as we think?  That the current regime is still in charge of the wage bill and we are struggling again to pay all the club's employees so earlyon on the season too..come on Corney get it sorted.

wages not being payed is not the way to run any business!!

Still got a nagging uneasy feeling about all this,and non payment of wages doesnt help in any shape or form whatsoever , does it simon!!!:blink:

added to that its starting to drag on a bit too much for my liking.

19 hours ago, adamoafc said:

You think it's that easy for Underdog & other trust members to do this? 

From what I have seen from previous events especially when Barry was on board is anyone of significant importance is wrapped under cotton whool by Corney etc.

underdog, Jorvik, Lees Lover etc are sound fans great individuals and would not Hesitate to ask Abdullah any questions. 

On in a match day you are more likely to see each of these trust members in the stands with the  fans.

Pretty sure if Corney is serious about this investment the thought of trust members asking potential questions that could harm the deal. He will do his best to keep them far aware.

I am already lead to believe Simon brooke is not allowed in the Chairman lounge or whatever they call it on matchdays.

Archived