Ex players and that

29 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

Looked good playing alongside Rowe, but something not right about him. I can see him dropping out of football.

At the age of just 23, that would be a shame. He obviously needs help and guidance to fulfil his potential.

1 hour ago, hillside blue said:

Looked good playing alongside Rowe, but something not right about him. I can see him dropping out of football.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

At the age of just 23, that would be a shame. He obviously needs help and guidance to fulfil his potential.

I felt he looked good full stop at his best. I can see him packing in as well. Remember he was at New Mills for a time. Whether it's physical with him or mental I don't know.  He seemed to be regularly injured.  It must be hard going from believing/hoping you'll soon be playing at OT and then 12 months later being released. 

6 minutes ago, astottie said:

I felt he looked good full stop at his best. I can see him packing in as well. Remember he was at New Mills for a time. Whether it's physical with him or mental I don't know.  He seemed to be regularly injured.  It must be hard going from believing/hoping you'll soon be playing at OT and then 12 months later being released. 

Thought it was his choice to leave Halifax. Probably got summat lined up...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, astottie said:

Fairly certain he was at New Mills, because he was injured when United released him or got injured soon after. Registration regulations meant he couldn't then register for anyone above the level New Mills were playing at. So he went to New Mills to keep his fitness up.

We then signed him quite early on in the January transfer window.

While circumstances change going to New Mills to keep your fitness up isn't the action of someone looking to pack football in. 

He has the talent to be a professional footballer but his injury proneness probably means only a few clubs will be interested.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Barrow as Wild has coached him at 2 different clubs. Technically Wild has signed him at 2 different clubs too, although his initial loan spell at us was probably on the suggestion of Scholes as opposed to Wild.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Fairly certain he was at New Mills, because he was injured when United released him or got injured soon after. Registration regulations meant he couldn't then register for anyone above the level New Mills were playing at. So he went to New Mills to keep his fitness up.

We then signed him quite early on in the January transfer window.

While circumstances change going to New Mills to keep your fitness up isn't the action of someone looking to pack football in. 

He has the talent to be a professional footballer but his injury proneness probably means only a few clubs will be interested.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Barrow as Wild has coached him at 2 different clubs. Technically Wild has signed him at 2 different clubs too, although his initial loan spell at us was probably on the suggestion of Scholes as opposed to Wild.

It wasn't Scholes suggestion, Scholes signed him

he just left about 2 weeks later

On 6/7/2022 at 4:11 PM, yarddog73 said:

Think he'd rather sign for us than Barrow.

The vast majority of professional footballers want to play at as high a level as they can, Barrow are a higher level.  There'll be a few exceptions if clubs lower down, Wrexham, want to throw money around.  Can't see why we would be exceptional.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The vast majority of professional footballers want to play at as high a level as they can, Barrow are a higher level.  There'll be a few exceptions if clubs lower down, Wrexham, want to throw money around.  Can't see why we would be exceptional.

Not sure that applies so much in L1, L2 and NL, players follow the money or managers around.

34 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure that applies so much in L1, L2 and NL, players follow the money or managers around.

Well he's doubled up on that and possibly tripled.  Followed the manager, gone to a higher level, probably for more money