Fleetwood

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, forever blue said:

My guess is that Sheridan is under Pressure to produce Results.He had better get  results soon or there will be changes in Management

Tommy is taking the interviews (and doing a fine job too) which might take some pressure off him.

Edited by BP1960

4 hours ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Quite. I followed the game in a darkened room with the only BBC Sports App notifications on my phone to let me know what was going on. I generally expect the worse as an Oldham fan but at 16:52 when I got the ping I stupidly allowed myself to think (which I've made the mistake of doing many times before) that it could be the final whistle and we'd actually won a bloody game...Could be November at this rate.

I had a very similar experience - again. 

Don't really post nowadays but here's my tuppence worth. There's positives to take out of today, Gardner and Byrne first 25 lively, cohesive, ran things but lost their way a bit rest of the first half, Bryan came into the game and contributed more the longer it went on and it goes without saying he's probably scored the goal of the season. So I'm optimistic about stuff in midfield if they all turn up at the same time plus we've got the Frenchie we signed this week who didn't make the squad today (fitness/injury?). What did strike me today was Shez's stubborness (before anyone kicks off, I would have driven the car to pick him up last season and I still think he's the man). Nep (not a nickname just don't want repetitive strain injury) playing wing back, within the first 20 minutes was obviously and I mean obviously, not working yet it was persevered with for the full 90, there's no way Clarke and Gerrard can play in a back 3 if the wing backs aren't cutting it. Lad looked lost in that position do I go back do I go forward. He got the ball in his normal attacking position once in the first half, turned the full back inside out.................twice.......... then stuck a decent ball in the box, his only meaningful contribution as an attacker in the whole game. His full back got booked after 75 minutes, that's an invitation to run riot, nothing.  Not sure what Shez's probs are with 4-4-2 but we've just signed 2, by the look of it, very skillful wingers, get the ball out wide and let them run at people and do what they're fucking good at and give our forwards something to attack in the box. Reading it back this sounds a bit of a gripey post, but it's not, from 2 weeks ago we're on a different planet, should have beaten 2 of the teams expected to be there or there abouts at seasons end and I'm very optimistic but was just walked away frustrated rather than disappointed today.

Watched it on Ifollow today (great stream with no issues at all). Much happier with that midfield now Banks is out and the new lads are in. Actually got bite and wants to play forward. Byrne and Bryan are two great additions.

Happy with the front two of Davies & Doyle also. Worked hard and a handful. Altho Doyle was quieter in 2nd half. What a ball for the 1st goal tho. After those two, we’ve not got a lot up top sadly. Will have to hope for more Bryan wondergoals. Not on the Holloway love train tho. Never have been. The ball should’ve stuck upfront more when he came on but never did. And that header...it felt like one of those moments you miss and expect to be punished for.

Sadly, we were punished in a suicidal moment by another lad I just don’t rate. Last season when we had to find an answer in defence, Stott shone above Edmundson yet this lad gets more time on the pitch and makes Big fuck ups. Cole should’ve scored in the 1st half after his error. That penalty is pub league stuff. I know he’s young but he just isn’t up to this level. I hope we give Stott his chance now if we are playing 3 at the back from now on. 

All in all though, I felt we fully deserved the 3pts even tho the last 5-10mins were rough. Gerrard heading the ball up in the air in your own box doesn’t help. We invited them on us but they didn’t really do a lot until Edmundson struck. Really shot ourselves in the foot at both ends today. If we can sort the defence out tho and keep Davies and Doyle fit and on the pitch together then we will sail out of stormy waters, no problem. That defence does worry me tho.  

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'm going to go against the grain with edmundson. He made two big errors yesterday I agree and got punished for one of them but he shows some potential. He tries to pass it out of defence too rather than Gerrard and Clarke's hoofs. It's my first time to see him play and I heard he was not physical enough but he looked to be bulking up to me. 

I remember thinking Tarkowski used to make too many mistakes to really make the grade and look where he is now. I'm not gonna claim he's destined for the same career just yet but think he deserves a chance and some patience to see how he develops. 

11 minutes ago, Oh Heck C-Beck said:

I'm going to go against the grain with edmundson. He made two big errors yesterday I agree and got punished for one of them but he shows some potential. He tries to pass it out of defence too rather than Gerrard and Clarke's hoofs. It's my first time to see him play and I heard he was not physical enough but he looked to be bulking up to me. 

I remember thinking Tarkowski used to make too many mistakes to really make the grade and look where he is now. I'm not gonna claim he's destined for the same career just yet but think he deserves a chance and some patience to see how he develops. 

You aren't going against the grain, don't worry. The kid is good ?

5 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Watched it on Ifollow today (great stream with no issues at all). Much happier with that midfield now Banks is out and the new lads are in. Actually got bite and wants to play forward. Byrne and Bryan are two great additions.

Happy with the front two of Davies & Doyle also. Worked hard and a handful. Altho Doyle was quieter in 2nd half. What a ball for the 1st goal tho. After those two, we’ve not got a lot up top sadly. Will have to hope for more Bryan wondergoals. Not on the Holloway love train tho. Never have been. The ball should’ve stuck upfront more when he came on but never did. And that header...it felt like one of those moments you miss and expect to be punished for.

Sadly, we were punished in a suicidal moment by another lad I just don’t rate. Last season when we had to find an answer in defence, Stott shone above Edmundson yet this lad gets more time on the pitch and makes Big fuck ups. Cole should’ve scored in the 1st half after his error. That penalty is pub league stuff. I know he’s young but he just isn’t up to this level. I hope we give Stott his chance now if we are playing 3 at the back from now on. 

All in all though, I felt we fully deserved the 3pts even tho the last 5-10mins were rough. Gerrard heading the ball up in the air in your own box doesn’t help. We invited them on us but they didn’t really do a lot until Edmundson struck. Really shot ourselves in the foot at both ends today. If we can sort the defence out tho and keep Davies and Doyle fit and on the pitch together then we will sail out of stormy waters, no problem. That defence does worry me tho.  

We were punished for Gerrard's header - that was a proper sitter which he totally cocked up. The ball was always too high for Holloway. There was no way he could've scored from that. 

You're correct cr about Edmundson though. Should've been directly at fault for two goals but for Cole's poor finish. It's obviously up to Shez whether to keep him in the side but when you're not a regular and you make errors that big, with a decent replacement waiting in the wings, dropping him seems a straightforward decision. Maybe the fact he's clearly bulked massively makes Shez more confident in him than Stott.

6 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

We were punished for Gerrard's header - that was a proper sitter which he totally cocked up. The ball was always too high for Holloway. There was no way he could've scored from that. 

You're correct cr about Edmundson though. Should've been directly at fault for two goals but for Cole's poor finish. It's obviously up to Shez whether to keep him in the side but when you're not a regular and you make errors that big, with a decent replacement waiting in the wings, dropping him seems a straightforward decision. Maybe the fact he's clearly bulked massively makes Shez more confident in him than Stott.

see my earlier post about stott having a thigh injury acordibg to his uncle 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Didn't realise how tall Edmundson is, looks like he has bulked up as well.

His main problem is he doesn't use his height to best advantage, he stoops when challenging for headers. 

Something he really needs to rectify IMO.

5 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Do you mind dm'ing me on how you got ifollow stream? I have the audio but living in the U.K. Haven't gone for the video...

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

His main problem is he doesn't use his height to best advantage, he stoops when challenging for headers. 

Something he really needs to rectify IMO.

I think his natural posture is hunched. May be something to do with that.

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Will shez  get his 15 goal plus striker?!? 3 from Davies so far and we're far more attacking than last year. Maybe we will do a joe royal, let in many but but score lots.

Doyle and Davies will both bag more than ten each.

Most centre backs in this league make 2 or 3 mistakes on a weekly basis without being punished for a lot of them, I’m hardly surprised a kid with a handful of games made a couple yesterday.

Thought he played very well and the penalty is something he will learn from hopefully.

43 minutes ago, dec666 said:

Most centre backs in this league make 2 or 3 mistakes on a weekly basis without being punished for a lot of them, I’m hardly surprised a kid with a handful of games made a couple yesterday.

Thought he played very well and the penalty is something he will learn from hopefully.

Quite right, young lads given a chance against a top of the table team and some want him hung, drawn and quartered for a couple of mistakes.

I like B Wilson but he's been roasted for plenty of goals this season as have Gerrard and Clarke if I'm honest, if we are going with a three at the back I'd have Edmundson and Stott either side of Clarke or Gerrard as it offers us more mobility.

1 hour ago, dec666 said:

Generally agree with the sentiment but played well? He almost cost us two goals...