Shrewsbury

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty fukin angry with this result.  Clarke clears into touch- no goal.  He nearly gets caught again 10 min later over playing.  Doyle gets a red, clearly frustrated at not scoring.  At the very least we deserved a draw.  Played some good stuff.  

Think Davies deserved man of the match for his goal, hold up play which puts Holloway to shame (better midfield now, in turn service though) and his work rate.

Edited by deckyd

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I suppose we are paying the price for having 3 reserve keepers instead of 1 decent one. Ripley is a huge miss for us at the moment and the fact he's warming a bench week in week out is galling.

Not seen Placide yet, can he be that bad, me thinks Shez is just making a point?

We are all aware that defending isn't just done by the defenders right?

The midfield has to help out. First goal 27 foolishly dives in leaves us hopelessly exposed 2nd goal.alright Clarke should have cleared it but the ball was crossed into a man running in from midfield unmarked. Someone tracks him and that doesn't go in.

It wasn't the first time in the game that this happened a couple of times first half they broke through midfield Gerrard and Clarke are getting hopelessly exposed at the moment.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

The midfield has to help out. First goal 27 foolishly dives in leaves us hopelessly exposed 2nd goal.alright Clarke should have cleared it but the ball was crossed into a man running in from midfield unmarked. Someone tracks him and that doesn't go in.

It wasn't the first time in the game that this happened a couple if times first half they broke through midfield Gerrard and Clarke are getting hopelessly exposed at the moment.

That's a very fair point and it is down to Shez to get the balance of the team right

4 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

That's a very fair point and it is down to Shez to get the balance of the team right

It's individual mistakes though, we looked decent as a unit. 

Gevaro shouldn't be flying in for their first, but then the keeper makes an absolute meal of it. 

The balance of the team has nothing to do with what Clarke does for the second. 

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It wasn't the first time in the game that this happened a couple of times first half they broke through midfield Gerrard and Clarke are getting hopelessly exposed at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Problem is that we don't have Shirtliff or Barraclough any longer.  Shez and Tommy are not upt drilling a defense.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Fair and valid point in view of the whole game.  In terms of goal though as you have said, if Clarke defends properly initially it doesnt matter who is breaking forward as the balls in touch.

Thought it was a high quality game between 2 decent sides, didn't get the rub of the green today. Anyway it was a hell of a lot better than some of the shite we've been dished up in recent years, we'll finish top half easily. I'd say it was a game worth the 20 quid and you can't say that often.

1 minute ago, Andy-latic said:

Thought it was a high quality game between 2 decent sides, didn't get the rub of the green today. Anyway it was a hell of a lot better than some of the shite we've been dished up in recent years, we'll finish top half easily. I'd say it was a game worth the 20 quid and you can't say that often.

Fair point, onwards and upwards to Rotherham were we should enjoy a good turnout.

I have no idea how we did not come out of tHat match with something.

good equally matched teams fighting it out. Some lovely play by latics some accurate crossing of the ball, the wee man in the middle Doyle had a brilliant game as well as jerry (yes I can't say his name our 27) had a good game too. What a header for our goal and I have no idea how we did not score after going around the keeper in the second half.

i feel we are greeting better after every game and my strangely enjoying watching us. Surely our luck must turn...we are not playing like a bottom 4 team but we have got to start winning.

Shrewsbury played well and closed us down, usually 3/4 players on a blue shirt every time. 

How bloody frustrating...aagghhh

5 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

We've got 4 points you know