Shrewsbury

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Andy b said:

We will if we don't sort the defence out. 

How much do you want to bet on it?  

We are a decent side now.  

I went to Fleetwood, watched the Rovers game and went today. Could have easily had 7 points or more from those 3.... and yes, I know we didn't, but we have most definitely turned a corner.  

You are just a miserable sod. 

3 5 2 should not mean we surrender the midfield. We stood off em and let them play their neat little triangles as we always seem to do at home, they were advancing from their box to the edge of ours without so much as a challenge... thats 4 home games and 4 defeats now and something needs to change.

Nepomoceno did OK and put over several quality balls one of which led to our goal but he's wasted at LWB.

We have no pace at the back with Clarke & Gerrard and he was left hopelessly exposed for their goal.

4 4 2 at home please if we are persisting on playing the old boys even if it has to be Wilson at LB.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

How much do you want to bet on it?  

We are a decent side now.  

I went to Fleetwood, watched the Rovers game and went today. Could have easily had 7 points or more from those 3.... and yes, I know we didn't, but we have most definitely turned a corner.  

You are just a miserable sod. 

Maybe so but i will read the league table as the game indicator of our quality and 4 points is the lowest return at this stage in the season for years.

that said i like Byrne, Davies and Doyle. Davies esp is dangerous 

We finally have some quality and look a threat going forward. Disappointed we didn't get anything. Couple of silly mistakes, not doing the simple thing like standing up instead of diving in, then keeper throwing ball at feet of their attacker then Clarke should just put that into the stand for 2nd. 

Doyle good again, very good for this level and Davies was excellent. Doesn't seem so long ago he was written off as shite because he fluffed one chance against Oxford.

Byrne Gardner and Bryan 3 good midfielders who can all pick a pass.

I'd give Placide a shot in goal next game 

Felt we were very unlucky today not to get something from the game, if not win it. Had Doyle's chance gone in instead of hitting the post I think we'd have gone on and won. We were well on top and creating a lot of chances.  If we can sort the defensive element out we will soon climb the table.

1.) Doyle deserved to get sent-off, the lack of a complaint about his punishment for the dive indicates that it probably was a dive. His second yellow was almost a red in itself.

2.) Thought Gerrard could have been sent off at the end but can see why he was only booked.

3.) If the Ross Joyce we had against Charlton had been reffing that game they'd have ended up with 8 men. Number 9 had 2 dives go unpunished before he clattered Clarke late with a bad challenge which he got booked for (could have been a red) and then he dives again. They had a lot of late challenges go unpunished, including one by #9,  and a number of their players should have been booked for cumulative fouls way before they eventually were, if they were. They were very good at the dark arts of football.

4.) Was disappointed by the reaction of our fans to the substition of their first scorer (#45), OK he could have gone off closer to where he got injured, but he was quite clearly injured with a head injury and our fans were moaning about the speed he was going off.

5.) That Shrewsbury side has a GK, 9 willing runners, some of whom are big, and quality up front (#45), that has been the recipe behind a few promoted teams.

6.) Some of the interplay between our front 7 was the best I've seen for a few years, we are as good going forwards as we have been since Shez had us in the top half. Conversely we are as weak defensively as we have been for years. It is looking like Clarke and Gerrard have a year too long in their contracts already. I'd be tempted to play Bryan in the back 3 with Clarke and Edmundson or Wilson, but we'd be weak defensively in midfield until Green comes back, or one of our new defensively minded midfielders is fit.

7.) It was nice to see us use a couple of training ground free-kicks too.

8.) Unfortunately there is a risk that we will be without Gardner for a while, whilst it could be just a bang, there might be something more sinister given the mechanism.

Did not deserve to lose that. I think we need to protect our back line a bit more as Clarke and Gerrard are very exposed and easily caught out. Gardener and Byrne are excellent creative midfielders and what we have been missing for a good while.

They knocked it around well, but robbed us blind today.

59 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We are all aware that defending isn't just done by the defenders right?

The midfield has to help out. First goal 27 foolishly dives in leaves us hopelessly exposed 2nd goal.alright Clarke should have cleared it but the ball was crossed into a man running in from midfield unmarked. Someone tracks him and that doesn't go in.

It wasn't the first time in the game that this happened a couple of times first half they broke through midfield Gerrard and Clarke are getting hopelessly exposed at the moment.

Someone who actually understands football. 

Yes Gerrard and Clarke are slow, but that isn't the only reason why we're conceding two goals a game. 

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

What has happened to Ryan Mc? He's been shit for ages. His stupid offside - being off then coming back into play to get the ball - led to their second today.

Thought their number 12 had him wrapped up today and maybe his game has been a little off. Credit to #12 he seems like a decent player for this level.

36 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It's all about the greet, what did we do chocolates, flowers, gift bag?

Ooohhh if only, it save me a fortune is sweets and chocolate every home game as I tend to feed the rows around me..it's literally pass the goodie bag, I have treacle toffee today, with eclairs and haribo...I'm sure those around me only keep coming back for the goodie bag I have..

hahah....I meant to say getting better...

Edited by underdog

10 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

What has happened to Ryan Mc? He's been shit for ages. His stupid offside - being off then coming back into play to get the ball - led to their second today.

Doesn't have the responsibility of being the only half decent player?

Can't wait til we go on the run I know we will do...

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The raffle winner can play a pass, will be a player without defensive duties.

Conceding 2 a game is ridiculous, other managers would and have been killed for it, needs sorting.

I was very impressed with the raffle winner, like you say he can play a pass and he put some decent crosses in from the left side. First time we've had somebody doing that for a while. Just a shame he had to spend half the game covering for a sluggish looking gerrard.

Gerrard and Clarke haven't become poor overnight. The 3 at the back system doesn't suit 2 ageing/slow central defenders. Play a back 4 with those 2 central and we would see an improvement but as a 3 when they get pulled wide they don't have the pace to recover. Yes silly mistakes are in the mix like Clarke today but the new system doesn't suit. 

12 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Gerrard and Clarke haven't become poor overnight. The 3 at the back system doesn't suit 2 ageing/slow central defenders. Play a back 4 with those 2 central and we would see an improvement but as a 3 when they get pulled wide they don't have the pace to recover. Yes silly mistakes are in the mix like Clarke today but the new system doesn't suit. 

It's only the people's chump that can make the change!!!

Edited by Andy Perimeter West

15 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Where do u sit? U sound like the guy to sit next to!

Hahah nice try and wrong sex.....I only share my eclairs with a chosen few...but the drawstring goodie bag ventures across two rows most matches. One elderly chap I know loves treacle toffee so he was happy today. They re back on the scene...hahah

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hahah nice try and wrong sex.....I only share my eclairs with a chosen few...but the drawstring goodie bag ventures across two rows most matches. One elderly chap I know loves treacle toffee so he was happy today. They re back on the scene...hahah

You are a female pics or lie