Peterborough (H)

On 24/09/2017 at 8:12 PM, oafcshuck said:

Been to one league game this season and seen us win one.

Still debating whether to attend this.

4-0 at 100/1 is the bet though. Not far away from a great result. Doyle back.

Now been to two league games and seen us win twice.

Wasn't that far away with 4-0!

Doyle back. Don't need to say anymore. Goals and the ball for our second was above league standard. Class act.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Banks put in a great 50/50. He's definitely taken note of the stick he's got

Banks was awful when he came on nearly cost us the game when he dribbled into his own box and got tackled then should of been a penalty when he pushed the player over, Placide saved his bacon with two wonder saves, he give the ball away a couple of times two made a couple of golf clearances that's it ?

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I was going to go for a run and then watch the Bake Off tonight and had a change of heart about quarter past 7. Glad I went. Enjoyed it. I used a mate's ticket but, if I had have paid, it would have been worth every penny to watch Jack Byrne play. The guy oozes class...

Glad he is getting the recognition, I totally agree with you Lee Sinnott. He is a really entertaining player to watch, It's only because of the shit results so far that his Jose Baxter ball control and vision is getting missed by most people.

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I was going to go for a run and then watch the Bake Off tonight and had a change of heart about quarter past 7. Glad I went. Enjoyed it. I used a mate's ticket but, if I had have paid, it would have been worth every penny to watch Jack Byrne play. The guy oozes class...

Glad he is getting the recognition, I totally agree with you Lee Sinnott. He is a really entertaining player to watch, It's only because of the shit results so far that his Jose Baxter ball control and vision is getting missed by most people.

What a farce the sending off was, I thought they'd brought a new rule in so that a sending off isn't given for a last man when a penalty is?

Thought the whole team played well tonight. Said it after the Bristol game, I don't think we're a million miles from the top ten given a bit of luck.

Wes Brown and Ched Evans among spectators tonight in the main stand.

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Quality player. Always looking for the ball, taking it on the turn and moving. Would be interesting to count how many times he twists and changes direction to go round an opponent. If we can get runners in front of him as he’s breaking into space he’ll start looking even better.

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Edited by Stagger Lee
pc stuff up sorry peoples!

52 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Jack Byrne is a Rolls Royce of a footballer. We're lucky to have him here. Top marks to Fane too, he was outstanding tonight. Placide is already a cult hero - pretty convinced he'll chuck 10 a season in, but it'll be an enjoyable ride along the way...

Byrne didn't play as well as he can tonight. Still different class - head and shoulders above Fane who, like you said, had a great game tonight. We're lucky to have him and I hope we get him past Jan too. 

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

More fool you pal. Missed the debut of Placeeeeeeeeed

I buckled when someone asked me. Twenty is still plenty, but when you see a side who want to go out and win games after the years we've had of timid, negative sides it softens the blow...

Why hasn't Placide been playing? His confidence in possession and his command of the box made a huge difference - Gerrard and Clarke with him behind them is a different prospect.

Fane had a decent game off the ball tonight. Doyle is top 5-10 strikers in this division. That Nepomuceno put in some great balls first half and Hunt looked improved to me.

We've got a team there and we could be really good if we sort ourselves out behind the scenes.

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Byrne didn't play as well as he can tonight. Still different class - head and shoulders above Fane who, like you said, had a great game tonight. We're lucky to have him and I hope we get him past Jan too. 

I get what your saying but was he head and shoulders above fane? Id say they both played equally as well as each other if you judge them on what they were put in the side to do... 

Edited by Fruitygoo

21 minutes ago, rteoafc said:

Quality player. Always looking for the ball, taking it on the turn and moving. Would be interesting to count how many times he twists and changes direction to go round an opponent. If we can get runners in front of him as he’s breaking into space he’ll start looking even better.

He didn't even have a good game, either, yet he was still class...

A brilliant match I thought. Superb counter attacking stuff from us and it was just about always played at a quick tempo. Wasn't too dissimilar to the Harkins-fuelled 5-4 win against them.

Wellens got his team, formation and substitutions spot on I thought. If you got 25/1 on him for next manager might be a shrewd bit of punting that if he carries on in the same vain.

Can't recall a match where BOTH teams lost possession so much. Byrne was a stand-out for me, such a tidy, arrogant player who's evidently got some class about him. Doyle ran himself into the ground and got his just reward with goal-poaching instincts and an assist. Fane is like two players rolled into one. A really shit one and a really good one. Did a great job on Maddison. Placide was great fun. An Andy Rhodes for the modern era. Entertaining the crowd with acrobatics and a complete and utter liability when fannying about with the ball in his area. A fan favourite. A superb cameo from Omrani to set up the eventual winner. He looks a good 'un.

Bit more optimism now after seeing that. There's a very decent side in there somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

I get what your saying but was he head and shoulders above fane? Id say they both played equally as well as each other if you judge them on what they were put in the side to do... 

I'm not judging them on what they were put in the side to do though. I'm judging them as players on their own and if you think Fane is anywhere near Byrne then you're wrong IMO.