Tangerine and blue kit?

Tangerine and blue kit?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the tangerine and blue kit as the home kit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered

Always wanted this kit, played in tangerine when I first started supporting, aged 10, and it was only some years later that I realised we had been blue and white historically. Difficult to ignore our historical colours but if the takeover is to be as revolutionary as some believe then what better timing than this? That said I like the current home kit too, best one for years.

Our home kit should always be blue and white but Tangarine should be our second kit. Shits me some of the irrelevant colours we have had over the years.

A new owner could win over a few fans by stating that, though the styles may change, they will respect our heritage with our shirts and that blue and white + Tangarine will always be the clubs colours

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Love the tangerine kit - I'm too old to wear one these days but love it.

Had the last orange kit - FILA / Cabrini (2012) - and loved that one.

However home kit is blue & white 

How much have you aged in 5 years ? Just don't go all full kit wanker and you'll get away with it ?

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

How much have you aged in 5 years ? Just don't go all full kit wanker and you'll get away with it ?

Went from 30-something to 40-something.  Got this year's blue home kit and toyed with getting the tangerine one.  Love wearing our colours when playing footy or sometimes in the gym.  Makes a change of all the Villa, Blues and Wolves wankers 

4 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Went from 30-something to 40-something.  Got this year's blue home kit and toyed with getting the tangerine one.  Love wearing our colours when playing footy or sometimes in the gym.  Makes a change of all the Villa, Blues and Wolves wankers 

Down in Worcester I'm quite happy to see Villa shirts. Seems to be filled with Liverpool supporters!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Magister said:

We played in tangerine because that was the colour of Ken Bates cement wagons at the time.......not really our heritage

All heritage was new and created at one point - it becomes heritage when enough time, connection and affection has happened.

Blue / White / Tangerine is now, in various ratios, our heritage.

5 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

All heritage was new and created at one point - it becomes heritage when enough time, connection and affection has happened.

Red is part of our heritage as well then as both the home and away kits during our last promotion season contained red. Didn't we originally start playing off in red and white hoops when the club formed? 

11 hours ago, Magister said:

We played in tangerine because that was the colour of Ken Bates cement wagons at the time.......not really our heritage

That was about half a century ago, how many years are needed to qualify for a heritage?

Edited by BP1960

7 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

I bet you like me could say what colour the other 91 teams play in? .....I bet supporters of the other 91 teams could answer the same question about us and 100% would say blue and white

I don't know about you but I could not tell you the away shirt colour of anybody we have not played this season......I have no objection whatsoever ( indeed the opposite) to playing in tangerine away but I would not describe it as our heritage and I would not want our heritage to be defined by a crooked past chairman's actions......we are not Ausitralians!