Wigan (A)

The only team that looks like it is dead and buried is Bury.  We are under threat from all those teams around us but we just (some just) need 11 points from 9 games to stay up.  The games against Rochdale and Northampton are getting bigger and bigger.  It goes to the wire.  Like others I'm no longer confident that we can do what is needed but RW does seem to blow hot or cold so we just (some just) need another hot run of games.

Edited by Hands on

24 minutes ago, Hands on said:

The only team that looks like it is dead and buried is Bury.  We are under threat from all those teams around us but we just (some just) need 11 points from 9 games to stay up.  The games against Rochdale and Northampton are getting bigger and bigger.  It goes to the wire.  Like others I'm no longer confident that we can do what is needed but RW does seem to blow hot or cold so we just (some just) need another hot run of games.

Also Wimbledon away.  

Some mediocre performances today Byrne, Fane and Davies awful. 

Hunt at right back was a dismal failure and why is Davies starting games?

I can't think of a single outfield player who did well, except maybe McEleney who showed a glimpse of skill Nick Powell would have been proud of. 

Doyle was slow and doesn't look match fit, yet Nazon who has pace wasn't used against the lumbering Wigan centre backs.

RW is proving stubborn in his tactics and sticking with regularly poor performing players. 

The alarm bells must be ringing about keeping his job as to continue doing what he's doing will bring relegation IMO. 

He has a massive squad yet can't seem to mould a team or shape together. 

A big mistake not signing 2 big strong centre backs in the transfer window which may cost him dearly. 

Sorry this will upset the happy clappers, but today showed the team just doesn't look up for a battle. 

I might be old fashioned, but when Byrne called the manager by his first name  in a pre match interview it suggested to me too much palliness. It was Mr, boss or gaffer in my dinasaur days.

RW needs to realise he isn't a player anymore, he's a manager.  

Some may disagree with me, but I say what I see from many years of watching football at all levels. 

Edited by BP1960

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Some mediocre performances today Byrne, Fane and Davies awful. 

Hunt at right back was a dismal failure and why is Davies starting games?

I can't think of a single outfield player who did well, except maybe McEleney who showed a glimpse of skill Nick Powell would have been proud of. 

Doyle was slow and doesn't look match fit, yet Nazon who has pace wasn't  used against the lumbering Wigan centre backs.

RW is proving stubborn in his tactics and sticking with regularly poor performing players. 

The alarm bells must be ringing about keeping his job as to continue doing what he's doing will bring relegation IMO. 

He has a massive squad yet can't seem to mould a team or shape together. 

A big mistake not signing 2 big strong centre backs in the transfer window which may cost him dearly. 

Sorry this will upset the happy clappers, but today showed the team just doesn't look up for a battle. 

I might be old fashioned, but when Byrne called the manager by his first name  in a pre match interview it suggested to me too much palliness. It was Mr, boss or gaffer in my dinasaur days.

RW needs to realise he isn't a player anymore, he's a manager.  

Some may disagree with me, but I say what I see from many years of watching  football at all levels. 

I call my immediate boss, senior directors and the managing director of my company all by their first names - we do ok - leadership isn’t about what you call someone and if you think otherwise then yes, you are a dinosaur. It’s not the military 

he tried to sign a centre back in Mills - it didn’t work out 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I call my immediate boss, senior directors and the managing director of my company all by their first names - we do ok 

That's a company not a football team. 

I bet no player in a top Premiership team calls the manager by his first name. 

Edited by BP1960

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Like I say if you think leadership requires you to call someone “boss” or equivalent then you’re a poor leader.

i work in a multi million pound company that secures more work every single day and everyone from cleaner  to CEO is on first name terms. Get out of the dark ages! 

If my MD called me into a disciplinary Id shit it - calling someone by first name doesn’t mean you don’t respect them 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

5 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Like I say if you think leadership requires you to call someone “boss” or equivalent then you’re a poor leader.

i work in a multi million pound company that secures more work every single day and everyone from cleaner  to CEO is on first name terms. Get out of the dark ages! 

I agree with BP. I certainly will never let my cleaner call me by my Christian name. It's always Mr Smoker

Edited by ChaddySmoker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I reckon all of them call Guardiola by his first name.

More worrying for me were RW's comments about squad players not coming to see him when they've not been involved. There seems to be a lot of disinterested players on the pitch so if the ones that aren't playing aren't bothered either then I'm not sure where the fight will come from.

7 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Answer my question, do you think modern day top managers would let his players call them by their first name? 

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Answer my question, do you think modern day top managers would let their players call them by their first name? 

Are you so blind the simply demanding someone call you “gaffer” makes you a great manager or leader?? Deluded