The Loanees

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We have the numbers but without Bryan, Byrne, Doyle and potentially Davies and Clarke we lack the quality and will need to strengthen.

Which we will.

The season certainly doesn't rest on Saturday, Tuesday arguably more important.

2 hours ago, bozman said:

Just some perspective. The players had to go back to their clubs, even if they are coming straight back here. Their loans have expired and it will take at least a day or 2 to sort out the return of any of them who are coming back.

Lots of loans extended today without going back first and Shrewsbury announced Godfrey from Norwich before they played us.

Hoping for the best but fearing the worst starting Saturday!

8 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Lots of loans extended today without going back first and Shrewsbury announced Godfrey from Norwich before they played us.

Hoping for the best but fearing the worst starting Saturday!

Different situation. Shrewsbury getting a loan extension agreed before the window opened doesn't necessarily mean none of ours  will be back.

The situation with our 3 favourite loanees is complicated by the fact that there is interest from other clubs in all of them. This will likely mean that the loaning clubs will probably have the option of selling or be able to negotiate terms more favourable to them for the next loan. In the case of Byrne, Bryan and Doyle this made it inevitable that they would all go back to their parent club for a time, whilst negotiations progress, before they either move on elsewhere or come back here. Obviously the situation with Doyle is further complicated by his illness/injury.

I don't expect them all to  back but wouldn't be surprised to see one of them back before the end of the window, possibly as a permanent signing.

tbf a loanee that’s played a part in a team that’s overachieved at the top of the league should draw interest. Their position is strengthened by their league position.

We live a hand to mouth existence at the bottom end of the league meaning our business is usually last minute once we know who’s in and who’s out. Our position will be strengthened by the Clarke and Davies interest and the small fees involved although Clarke may be a loan. We’re pushing for Bury to take over his contract.

our biggest issue is we have a chairman that won’t plan more than 6 months in advance. If we had any sense it was clear at the end of October we’d have competition you’d like to think we’d be negotiating extensions. 

For what it’s worth my brother is an academy coach at City and Bryan wants to come back, City are happy with his it’s gone but need to decide on steady progress here or moving up to the championship. Decision should be soon.

Edited by oafcprozac

1 hour ago, oafcprozac said:

......Clarke may be a loan. We’re pushing for Bury to take over his contract.....

.....our biggest issue is we have a chairman that won’t plan more than 6 months in advance.

I don't disagree with your assessment Paul, however he gave Clarke a 2 1/2 deal a year ago, which is arguably planing more than 6 months in advance.....

16 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Ok I’ll give you that, but how many times do we miss out  gambling on a half season loan?

Maybe because the year longs fail and we have to send them back after 6 months?

5 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

For what it’s worth my brother is an academy coach at City and Bryan wants to come back, City are happy with his it’s gone but need to decide on steady progress here or moving up to the championship. Decision should be soon.

Interestingly enough (and I am not saying I'm right and you're wrong), but I have heard via another player and a mutual friend of KB's that he is not too keen on coming back here...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Interestingly enough (and I am not saying I'm right and you're wrong), but I have heard via another player and a mutual friend of KB's that he is not too keen on coming back here...

That is interesting. On what basis?  He is very vocal on social media and seems upbeat before and after every game.  Doesn’t he like the club? The manager? Or does he simply want a higher level? 

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I’m of the impression. He’ll do what city think is best for his development