The Loanees

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Eyre wasn't very complimentary of Byrne before the match today on RadioManc.

Says he speaks to Wellens all the time, as well as one or two of the squad. Of the three loanees we'll miss Byrne the least, and it's very much a case of Richie Wellens doing a lot more for Byrne, than Byrne has done for Wellens.

He was sort of implying that he was a bad egg, but that's why here's here, he'd be playing at a higher level of he wasn't.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

5 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Steve Eyre wasn't very complimentary of Byrne before the match today on RadioManc.

Says he speaks to Wellens all the time, as well as one or two of the squad. Of the three loanees we'll miss Byrne the least, and it's very much a case of Richie Wellens doing a lot more for Byrne, than Byrne has done for Wellens.

He was sort of implying that he was a bad egg, but that's why here's here, he'd be playing at a higher level of he wasn't.

There's a reason why Steve Eyre is a match summariser for Radio Manchester and not coaching/managing in the football league.

He hasn't rated Byrne since he first came to Oldham. 

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

There's a reason why Steve Eyre is a match summariser for Radio Manchester and not coaching/managing in the football league.

He hasn't rated Byrne since he first came to Oldham. 

Has he rated anyone from Oldham in recent years?

Watched Byrne closely at the end today, expecting him to clap, thank and acknowledge the crowd on probably his last game

just seemed to run up the tunnel to me, not acknowledging anyone 

thank you very much Jack, good night 

Edited by stevesidg

19 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Watched Byrne closely at the end today, expecting him to clap, thank and acknowledge the crowd on probably his last game

He got a lot of unwarranted abuse on Twitter for not “properly” acknowledging the travelling fans at Plymouth.

To be honest I can’t blame any footballer for not acknowledging our fans at times.

20 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

To be fair to him he came running back out with a pair of boots for someone in the north stand

4 hours ago, rudemedic said:

He got a lot of unwarranted abuse on Twitter for not “properly” acknowledging the travelling fans at Plymouth.

To be honest I can’t blame any footballer for not acknowledging our fans at times.

Unwarranted as he did clap the fans, yeah.

Would think so....no doubt he has loads of ability but his performances have tailed off  after a brilliant start.

I get the impression he’s a bit of a slapped arse. He doesn’t track back, is lazy, and probably doesn’t play to the managers instructions.

There’s a reason he’s playing in this division and I think we now know why!

He could play Championship no doubt and maybe even higher but he needs to listen and learn if he is to reach his true potential.

I have to say he’s probably one of the best players I’ve seen at the club in 20 years but as strange as it seems I’m not too bothered that he’s on his way and am really looking forward to seeing what McEleney can do.

Edited by oafc1955

1 hour ago, Greenfield Latic said:

Just an observation - In the Patrick McEleney interview, the lad has a Latics kit on with the No. 13 in it, this number was assigned to Doyle and now McEleney has it. So is it goodbye Doyle or are we short of kits?!!

We are always short on kits, Byrne was wearing number 6 bottoms in the warm up yesterday 

also, Byrne spent his half time warm up taking pictures with the young fans in the north stand to be fair to him 

15 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A couple of the players reckon Bryan is staying until the end of the season...

This would be a great start to the new year ( edit -of the season ) Not many would remember my posts but even in his first game for us I became a fan, I knew we had a star and posted my thoughts. I will be damned surprised if he does not play for England.

Edited by Stagger Lee
because i'm an idiot mmmkkkaayyy