Fan Bar.OPENING Delayed (Updated 22/01/2018)

2 hours ago, underdog said:

We actually discussed it in our Trust meeting this week and mentioned  it to Al and his brother who attended the meeting too

It's not dead in the water and I don't want to let the cat out of the proverbial bag and steal anyone's thunder.

disappointing I know on the delay but I'm sure it will be worth it

His brother will be appointed to the Board soon presumably?

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Tbh, I don't know if this is the case, I just know he came within Al to the meeting and he's an ex midfield player who has played in the German leagues I think.

Seems the silent observant type.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Tbh, I don't know if this is the case, I just know he came within Al to the meeting and he's an ex midfield player who has played in the German leagues I think.

Seems the silent observant type.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Doesn't his brother now (wholly) run the agent business? 

Presumably that brother wouldn't be able to join our board? 

11 hours ago, underdog said:

We actually discussed it in our Trust meeting this week and mentioned  it to Al and his brother who attended the meeting too

It's not dead in the water and I don't want to let the cat out of the proverbial bag and steal anyone's thunder.

Imagine this statement came from the club :peepwall:

On 15/03/2018 at 7:16 PM, underdog said:

Did you mention some fans thought the club should go back to the traditional broad blue and white shirt to give us some identity?

When is the next board meeting?

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Did you mention some fans thought the club should go back to the traditional broad blue and white shirt to give us some identity?

When is the next board meeting?

Maybe we should bring back balls that need to be laced up too?

As long as we play in blue and white at home what does it matter? It's nice to have some variation

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Maybe we should bring back balls that need to be laced up too?

As long as we play in blue and white at home what does it matter? It's nice to have some variation

I like a club with identity, look at Ajax who have never changed, ours was similar, but in blue.

Brazil are another example, when not using their traditional kit they lose that special appeal.

I respect your opinion as always though.

Edited by BP1960

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I like a club with identity, look at Ajax who have never changed, ours was similar, but in blue.

Brazil are another example, when not using their traditional kit they lose that special appeal.

I respect your opinion as always though.

I just think as long as it's nothing drastic like some of the different home colours we've seen blue and white, regardless of pattern etc, will do. Really like this years

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But it's not THE traditional kit - It's A traditional kit:

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Oldham_Athletic/Oldham_Athletic.htm

The predominantly 1910 -1960s kit is distinguishable from any other and thus associated with the club IMO.

If fans are happy to buy  the current replica non descript kits fine, but I'm sure more would be sold of A more traditional  strip.

Edited by BP1960

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The predominantly 1910 -1960s kit is distinguishable from any other and thus associated with the club IMO.

If fans are happy to buy  the current replica non descript kits fine, but I'm sure more would be sold of A more traditional  strip.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree but I suspect that most people's idea of a traditional strip is whatever the side were wearing when the bug bit.

• 1 month later...
On 17/03/2018 at 1:42 PM, Dave_Og said:

I wouldn't necessarily disagree but I suspect that most people's idea of a traditional strip is whatever the side were wearing when the bug bit.

Will it be memorable in 10 years time? As long as they use the traditional colours I think that’s the first point that should be considered when designing a strip. It’s not exclusive to us that manufacturers have abandoned that idea over the past few years in favour of very plain, very neutral designs. This season’s Nike template is about as bland as there has ever been

It’s a great idea and i’m Sure will be successful but no point now...may as well wait until next season and launch it with a decent promo campaign! 

This is a prime example of not announcing something until is 100% guaranteed to happen. Good intentions from all concenernd but someone in the club should be owning things like this and only letting the trigger be pulled when it’s happening. 

13 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

What has the kit discussion got to do with the delayed opening of the fan bar? Do we have to wear a particular kit to get in, if it ever opens?

37 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Only the females

10 minutes ago, super_blue said:

someone in the club should be owning things like this and only letting the trigger be pulled when it’s happening. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7536625