Charlton away

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, whittles left foot said:

What is it with Latics fans? They always seem to have to have a player they loath-it was Banks, now Gardner seems to be the butt of their abuse-and it is abuse.

I'm sorry but i cant let that go without replying-

Where is the abuse?

No-one is abusing him, im sure hes a good bloke, but he isn't good enough.

And Wellens needs to get a grip playing him every friggin week!!

We’re garbage without the loanees. No quality whatsoever. Holloway and Davies isn’t a combination - former far outplayed the latter. He’ll get stick for the misses but the keeper made a couple of good saves.

Tope is a chancer and I don’t want to see him in our side after Jan. Fane excellent again but he can’t lift the ball off the ground. Goal was piss poor but we defended reasonably well in general - they just had the quality to produce when we had a lapse. 

4-4-2 suited us far better. Probably had something to do with Gardner coming off. He should be embarrassed when he looks back at the goal. In truth he looks lost without runners.

First time I’ve seen our fans stand all match as well. Enjoyed it.

6 minutes ago, deckyd said:

...i read on here takeover on Mon?  

I think that is just somebody expressing an opinion but to me at least, the club has signed three, possibly four players already, so something must be moving in the right direction, one would hope.

3 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

We’re garbage without the loanees. No quality whatsoever. Holloway and Davies isn’t a combination - former far outplayed the latter. He’ll get stick for the misses but the keeper made a couple of good saves.

Tope is a chancer and I don’t want to see him in our side after Jan. Fane excellent again but he can’t lift the ball off the ground. Goal was piss poor but we defended reasonably well in general - they just had the quality to produce when we had a lapse. 

4-4-2 suited us far better. Probably had something to do with Gardner coming off. He should be embarrassed when he looks back at the goal. In truth he looks lost without runners.

First time I’ve seen our fans stand all match as well. Enjoyed it.

Think thats a very good post- and i would suggest we would be rock bottom without the loanees!

Edited by rigsby

5 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

We’re garbage without the loanees. No quality whatsoever.

I would say "Garbage" is a bit strong. If Latics were that bad, both Shrewsbury and Charlton would have scored more than one goal...unless you are saying they are also garbage, but the table suggests otherwise. Additions are needed and Wellens nhas to get them out of the losing mentality. It is possible.

1 minute ago, rigsby said:

LOL.

Hes terrible..if thats the standard we're screwed.

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

:blink:

Just say no kids. 

Thought he done nothing wrong today, based on the actual game itself and only this game Harry.

Not saying he is the answer Rigsby but today he done well.  I would be shocked when you decide to praise a player rather than the usual hes terrible you seem to post.

1 minute ago, deckyd said:

Thought he done nothing wrong today, based on the actual game itself and only this game Harry.

Not saying he is the answer Rigsby but today he done well.  I would be shocked when you decide to praise a player rather than the usual hes terrible you seem to post.

:petesake:

I only call out players who are terrible!

All players at this level will have limitations, i understand that.

But a couple bring nothing to the team whatsoever ..

37 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I would say "Garbage" is a bit strong. If Latics were that bad, both Shrewsbury and Charlton would have scored more than one goal...unless you are saying they are also garbage, but the table suggests otherwise. Additions are needed and Wellens nhas to get them out of the losing mentality. It is possible.

Going forwards. Absolutely no quality at all. Nobody who can pick a pass.

The performances generally seem ok, but with neither the strikers nor midfielders having much of a goal scoring record it’s going to be a long cold winter. Unless those coming in know where the net is! I’ve concluded that Holloway will never score more than 7 a season - it’s not in his DNA.

I agree Gardner was shocking today and he's been getting gradually worse for several games.

Let's not forget he was decent earlier in the season though. I imagine he was one of the one's RW was alluding to after Shrewsbury when he said he'd got a hell of a lot out of certain players but they can't keep it up and that's why they've played their whole careers at this end of League One. 

I wouldn't write him off. Hopefully he can have a bit of a breather if Pringle and others come in this week and come back the player he was earlier in the season. 

Charlton were shite today and there for the taking even with our bare bones lineup. 

Tope was unbelievably frustrating - he looked great with the ball at his feet twisting, turning & running until he passed, crossed or shot every one of which was utter toss :lol:

Maouche looked alright, worth another go. 

Davies shocking, Holloway not much better. 

Placide could, arguably, have done better with their goal but was very good again otherwise.

Gardner got done for me rather than being as weak as some are making out. It happens, and the lad went on to jink his way to a quality finish. RW wanted to sign him and that showed us why. 

Gerrard didn't have his best game and was bailed out once or twice by JP. That said AG bailed a team mate out more than once. 

Gevaro his usual 7/10. 

Onto Green - for all the shit Banks got and Gardner is now getting how has he avoided it for a season and a half? 

Is he the first ever footballer whose game is breaking up his own teams play rather than the oppositions? :lol:

It was most noticeable at Gillingham when (I think) he replaced Byrne but move after move just stops whenever the ball reaches him.

And he's not particularly good at the defensive side either. 

What is he? 

If that Crewe rumour has any substance could we send them some PlayerShare money? 

51 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Having not been Im happy it was only 1 - 0 I was expecting a mullering. You are always going to struggle if you take 5-6 out of any team. We need a similar number coming in and lets not dick about lets get this done both the takeover and the signings done A.S.A.P.  

Really?  A 1-0 defeat is exactly what I was expecting (well not exactly - I said 2-0 in the Prediction League).

Charlton on a bad run.  Latics with absolutely no attacking power whatsoever.  All Charlton needed to do was score.

Read a few people saying pre-match "it would be typical Latics to win this".  No - typical Latics is huffing and puffing but ultimately losing 1-0.