Posh Away

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why did he start Benyu who has done nothing in 2 games. 

We score 4 goals in 45 minutes and the team is changed?

He was a passanger today.  Seems neat and tidy but whoever passed the ball to him got it straight back.  He doesnt seem to put his foot on it or have a look, even run with it, maybe a confidence thing with him.  Hopefully if he continues to play he improves.  

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

RW is talking a good game, needs to put words into league results. 

And if he doesn't...does the club look for a new manager...again?
Would it have been any different had Scholes got the job?

This team, bar a few changes, was winning. The goalscorer-in-chief went through a barren patch, got ill and then left. Doyle made a positive impact and without him, the opposite is apparent. I'm not sure what Wellens is going to do but whatever it is, the club should stick by the decision to employ him. If I was them, I would be pleading for Philiskirk to exert his influence and assist Wellens.

7 minutes ago, rigsby said:

not helped by injuries and idiotic decisions by the players.

This is true of todays game, some of the decision making is clearly lacking.  

Dummy is clean through in the Posh box on the right.... passes to the first man at the near post, terrible cross/pass, 3 in the middle fir a cut back.  Pringle wouldnt shoot when through with right foot.

And poor George, it was on the half way line.

Edited by deckyd

Having a nice footballing side is ok, but you need strong defensive players when the opposition are on top to get results. Reading a psychology book which talks about confirmation bias ie managers form an opinion about players and keep that opinion even when the evidence goes against it. Also many coaches like players who remind them of themselves as players. Good managers try to avoid those mental traits. So RW needs to consider whether he needs to go against his instincts in order to get better results and save the team from relegation. Tough CB and LB needed and a striker rather than 2 strikers.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Give Maouche a game. 

I think it's going to take more than that...but, I can see what you mean.

4 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Well looks like AL has a lot of work to do to get us out of the rut and away from danger.

The problem is we have a very average squad and a manager who looks out of his depth to me.

It's not Lemsagam who has to do the work, it's Wellens who has to, before some rash decision is made and he loses his job.

RW's League form since becoming manager makes for grim reading.

W3 D6 L7 PPG 0.93. PPSeason 43.Equivalent Posn last year. 22nd

I believe in him, trouble is, quite a lot of it is his team now, and only limited room for maneuvre. A striker is a must, if Eoin Doyle is signed, if has a setback, we could be in trouble.

8 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I think it's going to take more than that...but, I can see what you mean.

It's not Lemsagam who has to do the work, it's Wellens who has to, before some rash decision is made and he loses his job.

Sorry, i meant AL has some big decisions to make- how can he persevere with a manager losing pretty much every week?

I know it didnt work with Paul Jewell but I think Wellens could do with an experienced number 2 in with him right now.

I also think a couple of new signings will help but we need to change the emphasise onto quality over quantity. Our squad is easily big enough.

The other concern is can Wellens go to or has he got a plan B? Plan A with Doyle scoring heavily was working can he change tactics to adapt to the run in which might require us to go to games like today defend hard and come away with a grubby but important 1 - 0?

I think we are more than good enough to get out of it but we need to just change a few things.

Edited by GlossopLatic

31 minutes ago, Wardie said:

And if he doesn't...does the club look for a new manager...again?
Would it have been any different had Scholes got the job?

This team, bar a few changes, was winning. The goalscorer-in-chief went through a barren patch, got ill and then left. Doyle made a positive impact and without him, the opposite is apparent. I'm not sure what Wellens is going to do but whatever it is, the club should stick by the decision to employ him. If I was them, I would be pleading for Philiskirk to exert his influence and assist Wellens.

So you are saying we were a one man team

who relied on Doyle?

Managers live and die by results as you well know.

Edited by BP1960

2 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Sorry, i meant AL has some big decisions to make- how can he persevere with a manager losing pretty much every week?

True. There will be no easy solution. How long does Wellens potentially have in terms of games remaining, as those games will soon come and go?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

So you are saying we were a one man team re

who relied on Doyle?

Managers live and die by results as you well know.

Not quite a one man team, BP, but more a team that seemingly played with confidence, possibly to do with the influence Doyle produced when playing up front alongside Davies. I do not believe sacking Wellens will resolve anything, unless there is a miracle worker lined-up...and I don't mean Sheridan. 

Pringle missed a sitter at 0-0. Gardner hit the post at 0-1. Could have been a very different result. 

Silly red red and pushing forward meant it was 3-0. Not sure about that penalty. 

We desperately need a goal scorer (fit Doyle would be perfect) and PLEASE can we sign a left footed left back!!!

I'm going to have to stop looking at Twatter. Posh fans tweeting that Latics were the better team, best visiting team and stating the bleeding obvious about needing a goal scorer...then contrast that with the moronic tweets from some [not all] of the so-called 'Latics fans'. A sense of reason and some perspective is required for some folks.