Posh Away

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Pringle missed a sitter at 0-0. Gardner hit the post at 0-1. Could have been a very different result. 

Silly red red and pushing forward meant it was 3-0. Not sure about that penalty. 

We desperately need a goal scorer (fit Doyle would be perfect) and PLEASE can we sign a left footed left back!!!

Not aimed at you but it’s; Should have could have would have. We can’t keep saying we’re playing well, or we’ve been unlucky. 

Them chances go for you when your winning games. 

As as others have alluded to, will AL want to start in league 2. . 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not aimed at you but it’s; Should have could have would have. We can’t keep saying we’re playing well, or we’ve been unlucky. 

Them chances go for you when your winning games. 

As as others have alluded to, will AL want to start in league 2. . 

The mood seems to be that we’re dreadful and certs for relegation. Ridiculous overreaction as per usual. We either acknowledge that Wellens has been fed a shit sandwich over the last couple of months and give him some time to get back to how we were playing when he took over. Or we bin him off, rip everything up and start the cycle all over again. 

3 minutes ago, steveecky said:

The 40 goals for is decent, it is the 53 against that is killing us. Shrewsbury for example - scored less but only 20 goals against, and similar for most top half teams.

If we can't get Doyle back, or someone as good - would we be better off signing a proper defender or two? 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The mood seems to be that we’re dreadful and certs for relegation. Ridiculous overreaction as per usual. We either acknowledge that Wellens has been fed a shit sandwich over the last couple of months and give him some time to get back to how we were playing when he took over. Or we bin him off, rip everything up and start the cycle all over again. 

I’d say that’s far from an overreaction, it’s quite an accurate description of where we are at the moment, our league form is horrendous. That’s not to say I want RW out, far from it, but if these performances keep up for a few more weeks then he’s going to be axed. The table doesn’t lie. Please Abdallah, back Wellens before the window closes.

Just now, mickjagger said:

Got to look to strip everything back and grind a result do we look like doing that?

Many don't seem to want us to. We "played well" today apparently. 

"Absolutely hammered them" even.

We're back to that thing where the opposition letting us knock it about in areas where it doesn't matter constitutes "playing well" whilst the cheeky scamps stick 3 goals in and concede none "against the run of play". 

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I’d love him to turn it round, as I said earlier, them early performances were so good to watch. But 2 wins in 16 is a massive worry. 

Are you confident we’ll be ok? 

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Same shit different manager, fuck knows what our back four will be next game with Gerrard, Hunt and Edmundson all ruled out.

If Gerrard is out. 

Dummigan Bryan Wilson Hamer (who was MOTM on Tuesday). 

If Gerrard is back play him and move Wilson or Bryan to LB. 

We've got Shrewsbury to play in the meantime, think Edmundson can play in that. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’d love him to turn it round, as I said earlier, them early performances were so good to watch. But 2 wins in 16 is a massive worry. 

Are you confident we’ll be ok? 

I think we’ll be ok. But not unless we strengthen the team. I want Wellens to be backed and given time. 

Yes the current form is rubbish and a worry. But just look at what’s been happening at the club. It’s been a shit show again. 

But it were hardly cut adrift. A few wins and we’ll be pushing mid table again. Now is not the time to panic. The takeover is coming and hopefully with it a bit of behind the scenes stability and ambition for the first time in years. 

He had the uplift most mangers have, done nothing since! Better mangers have been sacked for less than this. It’s a decent squad on paper, we should be doing a lot better than we are. Personally I’d change it ASAP. 1 more game, if we lose get rid. No room for sentiment!

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He had the uplift most mangers have, done nothing since! Better mangers have been sacked for less than this. It’s a decent squad on paper, we should be doing a lot better than we are. Personally I’d change it ASAP. 1 more game, if we lose get rid. No room for sentiment!

Had several games where he doesnt even know who can play till last minute - lost top scorer and two other best players for majority of games till today - better managers? Who’ve you got lined up poirot?

13 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Do we have to fall out again? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Had several games where he doesnt even know who can play till last minute - lost top scorer and two other best players for majority of games till today - better managers? Who’ve you got lined up poirot?

I said better manager sacked for less than this. So let’s just carry on merrily because we played entertaining football for 5 games, since then it’s been shite.

RW’s interview is a little troubling to me. 

Its almost an admission that he only knows how to play one way and if he doesn’t have the players capable then we are buggered.  No good keep saying we don’t have the right kind of striker every week.  Also, if he thinks that is our only problem we really do have a problem. We clearly need another CH and why has Gevaro suddenly become 2nd choice?