The Pitch

Oh.. and why do people get so bothered that a games been called off at home? (Understand away game, already travelled e.t.c) I’ve seen some massively outraged people who have lost the plot over it...

Get yourselves down the pub and enjoy a few more beers without the hinderance of the football game getting in the way. 

Its just a game f football don’t get so uptight, it’s not worth your anger and stress.

Edited by MAC0AFC

7 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Oh.. and why do people get so bothered that a games been called off at home? (Understand away game, already travelled e.t.c) I’ve seen some massively outraged people who have lost the plot over it...

Get yourselves down the pub and enjoy a few more beers without the hinderance of the football game getting in the way. 

Its just a game f football don’t get so uptight, it’s not worth your anger and stress.

It does hack me off a tad when I arrive in Oldham after a 190 mile trip to hear that the game is off...?

34 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It does hack me off a tad when I arrive in Oldham after a 190 mile trip to hear that the game is off...?

60 mile round trip for nothing does not please me, especially with no warning of any problems three hours before KO.

10 minutes ago, pk200 said:

60 mile round trip for nothing does not please me, especially with no warning of any problems three hours before KO.

Spare a thought for someone I know who travelled up for the game to hear it was off at 12, decided to travel over to Salford City to tick the ground off and watch them play Tamworth, pays in, buys a programme,  pie and a brew - tucking in at 2.20 when its announced over the PA system that the match has been abandoned due to a frozen strip in front of the South Stand :petesake::petesake::petesake::laught16:

8 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Because the time it takes to make this post someone could have posted an update on the official site - and continued to update it every 20 mins? 

It's not really that hard, I can't see why people get upset and make a post complaining about someone complaining about someone not arsed making a post?  Maybe the irony is lost on them?

Preventing the frost is one thing and worthy of discussion. Being a business and not giving a shit about your customers by making a simple update to a website is amateurish at best and arguably contemptable. Please don't confuse the two.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, losesome said:

Scunny have managed to get the game on today. 

Well done to them and shows the advantage of having small stands that don't cast shadows on the pitch !!!!

Brilliant what a bit of planning & nous can do.

Not sure how the height of the stand had anything to do with removing snow. Unless they're chucking the snow over the top.

22 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Not sure how the height of the stand had anything to do with removing snow. Unless they're chucking the snow over the top.

It’s all to do with casting shadows and stopping what little sun we get thawing out any frost below the pitch rather than the snow on it.

12 minutes ago, OLDHAM MUMPS said:

It’s all to do with casting shadows and stopping what little sun we get thawing out any frost below the pitch rather than the snow on it.

Can you explain how this sun works when it is fucking cloudy?

11 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Comparing today's match going ahead and last week's postponement is a bit stupid though isn't it.

There's no comparison at all. Apart from:

a) it involves weather, may as well compare it to a waterlogged pitch.

B) it gives some people another opportunity to slag their own club off.

Edited by Magic Mikey
It's turned my b) into an emoji. But I'm leaving it.

45 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Comparing today's match going ahead and last week's postponement is a bit stupid though isn't it.

Yes because last week we were the only club in the football league with a postponement whereas this week clubs really have had to make an effort to get games on.