The Pitch

On 25/02/2018 at 8:58 AM, mcfluff1985 said:

You're judging this off 3 weeks in charge? Good on you for not jumping the gun and giving him a chance

Needs to show leadership and shake the current lot up or replace them.

Are you a board member or employed by the club?

Edited by BP1960

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Needs to show leadership and shake the current lot up or replace them.

Are you a board member or employed by the club?

I dare say he'll do what he thinks he should not what any of us, however well qualified we think we are, tell him to. It amazes me how "worked up" some people on here get about a match being postponed when there's a lot more important things to worry about.

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I dare say he'll do what he thinks he should not what any of us, however well qualified we think we are, tell him to. It amazes me how "worked up" some people on here get about a match being postponed when there's a lot more important things to worry about.

I think there are questions to be asked when a match gets called off without indication of any problem and with the sun cracking the flags.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Can't be a good brazier for warmth.B)

i have a hazy memory from my youth in the 60's of a France Rugby international in Paris where the pitch had been covered with straw in the days leading to the game as frost was expected and then an hour before kick off they set fire to it. 1) proving extra warmth and 2) getting rid of the straw.

11 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

The club looked into this at one point. It was ruled out on health and safety grounds because of the fire risk from the wicker furniture.

Thankyou for evoking fond memories of Britt Ekland dancing naked. The wicker man was a shit movie but Ekland's gyrations alone were worth the admission fee.

I still hate Rod Stewart

46 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Thankyou for evoking fond memories of Britt Ekland dancing naked. The wicker man was a shit movie but Ekland's gyrations alone were worth the admission fee.

I still hate Rod Stewart

Sorry dude - that was a body double

13 hours ago, deyres42 said:

A group of youth teamers doing some shuttle runs on it for an hour would have sorted it.

Funny you say this..

My game in the morning was in question with a shaded part of the pitch deemed unplayable. 

Convinced my opponents coach to have his lads do their warm up on the frozen part, (small area in the corner covered by trees) half an hour later... pitch playable.