Benteke Signs

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Strangest career profile we've possibly ever seen in a signing.

2 goals in 20 at his first club in the Belgian 2nd division - probably a worse standard than ours (I'm guessing)

2 in 25 in the Belgian top flight - possibly Chapionship standard, sometimes.

Then he signed for a Premier League side who saw enough to give him a run out but then he got injured. 

He could be really good, he could be shite. 

In future the club website people would do well to refer to players with such poor scoring records as "forwards" rather than "strikers" :grin:

Is it an idea to have a special song for someone on the bench who has not played yet? 

Jonathan Benteke we don't know what you're like

You could be really good and you could be really shite

Jonathan, rat ta tat ta tat ta tat, Benteke, rat ta tat ta tat ta tat tat tat.......

41 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Is it an idea to have a special song for someone on the bench who has not played yet? 

Jonathan Benteke we don't know what you're like

You could be really good and you could be really shite

Jonathan, rat ta tat ta tat ta tat, Benteke, rat ta tat ta tat ta tat tat tat.......

I like it but it's probably a bit upbeat for the Athletico's.

30 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I hope Benteke's better than these attempts at humour... 

I thought mine was decent, nobody agreed :unsure:

5 hours ago, cmr said:

What are we doing signing a striker with no record? doesn't even have any misdemeanors for drugs or owt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

What about Nazon?

46 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

And Duckens 

Christ I’d alreasy forgotten about him. Makes it even more of an odd signing unless he’s got the ability to play wide.

Not knocking the signing, but surely another player at the back was more important than a 6th striker. I can’t understand how they can even work out the better combinations of forwards during training sessions - any 2 from 6 gives 30 combinations if my maths serves me well.

8 minutes ago, steveecky said:

Not knocking the signing, but surely another player at the back was more important than a 6th striker. I can’t understand how they can even work out the better combinations of forwards during training sessions - any 2 from 6 gives 30 combinations if my maths serves me well.

15 I think. Still a few

6 hours ago, steveecky said:

Maybe there are no defenders available?

13 hours ago, steveecky said:

It's 25 combinations, being 6 * 5 = 30 - 5 duplicates = 25. However, this seems sensible to me. One striker is out ill until mid March, so it's really 5. Another (CD) has been very ill and seems to have not yet got back to full strength. So that leaves 4, being 2 to play and 2 to come on if needed. 

42 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

It's 25 combinations, being 6 * 5 = 30 - 5 duplicates = 25. However, this seems sensible to me. One striker is out ill until mid March, so it's really 5. Another (CD) has been very ill and seems to have not yet got back to full strength. So that leaves 4, being 2 to play and 2 to come on if needed. 

You'd be counting Doyle with Davies and Davis with Doyle, No?