Tom Hamer

Agree great move to get him locked down - showed great promise to date particularly at Oxford and Wimbledon.

Just need to ensure when we sell him....which we will there is a big sell on clause etc etc included

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well deserved. This lad is going places. 

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Don’t get me worng I like him, but does anyone else think his first touch is not very good ? I know he’s got time to develop and he is a really good prospect. Just something I have picked up 

I hadn't noticed that. I’ll take a look tonight. 

54 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Don’t get me worng I like him, but does anyone else think his first touch is not very good ? I know he’s got time to develop and he is a really good prospect. Just something I have picked up 

Not compared to many defenders we've had at the peak of their career, no

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I had just put that down to nerves.

32 minutes ago, philliggi said:

He reminds me of eardley. Or lee. Good getting forward and overlapping but a bit exposed when it comes to defensive duties.

Definitely a prospect there tho. Shame about the rest of them

Exposed by no cover in front of him from Nazon or Byrne.

8 hours ago, philliggi said:

He reminds me of eardley. Or lee. Good getting forward and overlapping but a bit exposed when it comes to defensive duties.

Definitely a prospect there tho. Shame about the rest of them

Anything but exposed as a full back, the amount of slide tackles he put in last night was mad.

a bright bright spark in an ever darkening season 

1 minute ago, LaticsPete said:

Nixon tweets that Brighton are likely to put a bid in for him.

This is why I’ve never understood Latics not playing their youths more.

If we gave Edmundson, Hamer, Mantack, Stott all 10+ games at this level, and they had steady games throughout... all of a sudden it promotes an interest.

All of the above with 10/15 games under their belt in League One would be of interest even without being spectacular, to teams above and we could command a fee.

Even Dave Mellor nearly went for 300k to Fulham, it just makes perfect business sense to give them that time at least.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

If we sell him to Brighton after just signing a contract it better be for a package of a minimum of £1m plus add ons and sell ons. This lad is looking like a very good player to me. 

Call their bluff, to a Premiership club start at £5 million plus add ons, peanuts for a club in that status, others will be alerted and offer more. 

You have seen this often with players signed for inflated fees.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Call their bluff, to a Premiership club start at £10 million plus add ons, peanuts for a club in that status, others will be alerted and offer more. 

FIFY

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Call their bluff, to a Premiership club start at £5 million plus add ons, peanuts for a club in that status, others will be alerted and offer more. 

You drinking from the same stream as Wellens, BP?

Not a chance a lad with around 5 senior appearances will be moving for that amount of money.

They can have Hunt back if they need a full back, though...

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Dr Evil has just said on Twitter that we should ask for 100 trillion dollars.

11 minutes ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

You drinking from the same stream as Wellens, BP?

Not a chance a lad with around 5 senior appearances will be moving for that amount of money.

They can have Hunt back if they need a full back, though...

Tongue in cheek, you should know me by now LF.:wink:

6 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Nixon tweets that Brighton are likely to put a bid in for him.

.....if they do, we’ll get to see how good Lemsagam is at negotiating. It would be a positive sign if he didn’t just cave in at the first contact and flog him for peanuts because there was a lecky bill that needed paying.

6 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

This is why I’ve never understood Latics not playing their youths more.....

Couldnt agree more. This requires an owner with a plan. If Lemsagam thinks he can find us some ‘French lads’ that will improve us - the jury is out on that so far - then great, however I don’t see how many/any of them are going to turn a large profit for the club. The youths are the route to balancing the books. Sell a Tarky a season for £1m+ and the budget increases so we can afford bigger wages/better players. That means investing in the Academy. Better facilities. More scouts & coaches.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....if they do, we’ll get to see how good Lemsagam is at negotiating. It would be a positive sign if he didn’t just cave in at the first contact and flog him for peanuts

Hopefully this is where his experience as an agent may come in handy.