Squad movements, summer 2018

47 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I'm glad he is off the pay roll.

I wonder if Blackpool know that he only plays International games. Can’t be arsed turning out for the club that pays his wages. Oh sorry forgot he’s waiting to replace Messi at Barca.

Edited by Smiler13

19 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Good riddance.  This waster downed tools in dramatic fashion imo.

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Aka sick note

8 minutes ago, HallamBlue said:

Thank god for that made Chris Killen look like an ever present far to happy to sit on his arse unless a Lazarus recovery for Ireland. contributed f all last year. Blackpool are welcome to him. 

Although there is no definitive proof that McLaughlin did ‘down tools’ and did feign injury, it was an amazing recovery just as the international season arrived...?

Whatever did happen, the signs are that he did not really step up for the latter part of his contract. In fact he gave very little to the club that was paying his wages during that time.

And that, although it does not surprise me, does sadden me. Do I wish him well at his new team?

Nope. ?

40 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Fees received for 4 players now and we apparently have no budget to sign any strikers unless they’re on loan..

37 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Plugs the gap in solidarity payments.

In EFL payments alone we drop from  £677,000 to £472,000. And they were a hugely significant portion of our income.

So I don't think the fees will cover this years drop of £205,000 EFL income alone.

9 minutes ago, singe said:

In EFL payments alone we drop from  £677,000 to £472,000. And they were a hugely significant portion of our income.

So I don't think the fees will cover this years drop of £205,000 EFL income alone.

Plugs a gap potentially. Important that people don't overlook this.

52 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Moimbé appears to have signed for UNFP FC (http://www.unfp.org/).

Bit hard to follow but it looks like a team of out-of-contract players sponsored/paid as interns by the French version of the PFA.  They seem to play regular friendlies with other league clubs in France.

Adding to what you've written.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.unfp.org/&prev=search

3 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Goodbye McLaughlin. Potenitial, yes,  but lazy, immature and a waste of space. I wouldn't want to be next to him in the trenches. His non engagement over the last 12 months is a disgrace. He's took the piss and pissed off. Arsehole.

Very well put. Good riddance.

On 16/07/2018 at 4:19 PM, Crusoe said:

Added Coke now he's signed. He's been given the number 7 shirt - anyone know the other players' numbers?

For the FC United Game

19 Placide

2  Dummigan

4  Edmudson

6 Gardner

7 Coke

18 Graham

22 Branger-Engone

23 Hunt

13 La Paz  (Number 1 free...)

26 Peter Clarke

34 Tom Hamer

27 Nepo

17 Missilou

33 Sheridan

25 Uche

14,10,16 all trilaist numbersDiU6v2SX0AErbp4.jpg

Edited by singe

Cheers Singe.

I'd thought Benteke had signed a new deal already, but maybe Bunn and Rhodes aren't convinced yet.

Sounds like Uche and Sheridan have made the grade for the first team squad.

Isn't Taylor a left back? We've a 3 shirt going spare...

2 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Cheers Singe.

I'd thought Benteke had signed a new deal already, but maybe Bunn and Rhodes aren't convinced yet.

Sounds like Uche and Sheridan have made the grade for the first team squad.

Isn't Taylor a left back? We've a 3 shirt going spare...

Indeed,  Was surprised about Benteke & Taylor.
I do hope that we are making Benteke & O'Grady  sweat.

Not long if they are not up to scratch.

Yeah, for all I know we have to live with League Two expectations of the calibre of players we're likely to attract, I would like us to do better than O'Grady and Benteke.

Taylor... dunno. Probably could use some experience in the side. No idea how good he is now.