Squad movements, summer 2018

17 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Personally id play Hamer, Edmundson and Stott in a back 3. Its the future of the club. If they aren't good enough (i think they are) - why are they at the club?

Agree in principal to  blooding youth at the earliest opportunity, especially after their displays at the end of last season, but think playing all three together may be a shade early in their careers. Think they will learn plenty playing alongside Clarke which will stand them in good stead throughout their development, however I wouldn't have any qualms about playing all of them should injuries or loss of form necessitate. 

23 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Personally id play Hamer, Edmundson and Stott in a back 3. Its the future of the club. If they aren't good enough (i think they are) - why are they at the club?

To gain experience & develop so they are good enough in a few years time?!

FWIW I'd build the team round them, but they will develop into better footballers if they are handled right and not just chucked in. They acquitted themselves superbly last season, but it's not ideal i don't think.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Seems we have signed a wonderkid.. http://football-wonderkids.co.uk/player/kyle-wych/

He signed on with the scholars in April.  The club reported it.

Presume he's another one dropped by a Premier club.

I wouldn't trust the name of that website.  They list 19 of our youth players, at least 2 of whom have long since left the club.  It's just a long list of players at different clubs.

Edited by Crusoe

1 minute ago, Crusoe said:

He signed on with the scholars in April.  The club reported it.

Presume he's another one dropped by a Premier club.

I wouldn't trust the name of that website.  They list 19 of our youth players, at least 2 of whom have long since left the club.

I know...just trying to give our long suffering fans some hope for the future. 

I think Clarke will be more a Player/Coach next season to coach Edmundson, Hamer, Stott whilst shoring our defence throughout the season.  

He’s a leader no question and having him at the back in games, leading the kids and his heading from set pieces will be valuable.

Is Gerrard leaving by the way?

25 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Probably not as hungry as Gerrard or Croft

There is no way that Crofty could possibly be hungry with the amount of grub he stacks away. Gerrard, I'm not so sure about, because he's bigger than me and I don't want a slap.

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

Dutch press reporting that Benteke has signed an extension.

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20180704_03598515

Does that say a 4-year deal? Or has my efforts at internet translating let me down?

EDIT: Think it might be referring to the 4th Tier! So I assume a 1 year deal?

Edited by lookersstandandy

21 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Does that say a 4-year deal? Or has my efforts at internet translating let me down?

EDIT: Think it might be referring to the 4th Tier! So I assume a 1 year deal?

Google translate says fourth year, but just putting vierdeklasser translate as 4th class, so I think you are right about 4th tier.

A 4 year deal for him would be unthinkable of course!