New Palyer Due in Today

1 minute ago, underdog said:

I really wish I could but until the contract is signed and not the "agreed in principle.." quote the club are currently using at the moment, then anything can change with any players we are agreeing in principle with.

Sods law and all if playershare announces the name and he does not sign, then we will be hung, drawn and quartered.

It's killing us not to tell but it has to be right for both club player and playershare. Please a little patience  asgghhhh

Is it a big signing we will be excited about?

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

I really wish I could but until the contract is signed and not the "agreed in principle.." quote the club are currently using at the moment, then anything can change with any players we are agreeing in principle with.

Sods law and all if playershare announces the name and he does not sign, then we will be hung, drawn and quartered.

It's killing us not to tell but it has to be right for both club player and playershare. Please a little patience  asgghhhh

Youd have been better not saying anything.... anyone less than Ronaldo now and I’ll be underwhelmed 

If the club have announced it don’t see what the issue is. Corney’s not here anymore so there’s no foot on the trusts throat.

Baxter’s signing no one usually signs until 1 July anyway. 

If it’s someone else then fair enough if the club are keeping schtum. 

16 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

If the club have announced it don’t see what the issue is. Corney’s not here anymore so there’s no foot on the trusts throat.

Baxter’s signing no one usually signs until 1 July anyway. 

If it’s someone else then fair enough if the club are keeping schtum. 

Sorry to be pedantic but Baxter has not signed...that's the crux of it.

"agreed in principle" is the official club terminology.  Wellens interviewed confirmed today that we need to off load players to get the balance right again.

Think deyers42 and singe summed it up on previous posting with regards to the number of players we currently have and we are able to do,not able to do until we get rid of some.

hopefully the manger and club are on it and things should moving a bit fast.

Just now, Fervid said:

Something badly wrong here as haven’t we released a load of lads. So that frees up a fair chunk off cash. 

Thank corney. FFP being on top of us harsher than the rest as we have took the piss with it the last few years. Our squad is still a big one looking at it. With some huge wages in there. Don’t be expecting massive overhaul overnight. 

26 minutes ago, underdog said:

Sorry to be pedantic but Baxter has not signed...that's the crux of it.

"agreed in principle" is the official club terminology.  Wellens interviewed confirmed today that we need to off load players to get the balance right again.

Think deyers42 and singe summed it up on previous posting with regards to the number of players we currently have and we are able to do,not able to do until we get rid of some.

hopefully the manger and club are on it and things should moving a bit fast.

So why have the club announced it then? Doesn’t make sense if he can walk away if all he’s done is shake hands.

Thanks Simon...

2 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

So why have the club announced it then? Doesn’t make sense if he can walk away if all he’s done is shake hands.

Thanks Simon...

It's the same as January really when we had players 'signed' sat in the stands unable to play.

I don't think there is any doubt that Baxter will be playing for us next season, they probably wanted to get one announced before the ST deadline and to quell some fears.

2 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Thanks Simon...

It's never easy with our club and yes to the above posters too with regards to size of squad and financial fair play

we have been sailing close to a 12 month embargo for the last few season withe the previous owner with regards to how our clubs was being run and when the bills were being paid/not paid/court cases/wages/loans

of course we have a new owner but we have to prove we are running a better ship. This is going to take a bit a time as our reputation is shot to pieces.

15 minutes ago, maddog said:

A 12 month embargo?! How is that even a thing?!

I'm sure that how it ws worded but I have slept since that meeting.

Think it runs similar if we went into admin without the point deduction, a bit like the doomsday clock that resets itself  every season with regards to how financially we have performed and we have run at 11.59 for a few seasons now. It's more to do with paying for players, financial fair play, paying the loan fees to the players parent club, paying away gate ticket sales etc.

if I wrong I'll hold my hands up maybe Jorvik and Leeslover will come along and correct me or someone else with EFL/FA knowledge.

Not trying to be all doom and gloom, but a new owner, new start and hoping our reputation improves

Edited by underdog

5 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Yet somehow Corney feels he’s qualified to still apply for jobs in football? 

? ? 

Heheh....yes I have heard the same.

i must admit he has some skills because you can't deny he kept us from just about flat lining....that take some skills and cahoonas to do that knowing full well what you were doig whilst still affording a businessman lifestyle.

Edited by underdog

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Are the trust not concerned about this? Is it time to start questioning the new regime? This latest episode can’t be blamed on teething issues from the Corney era...

Source please and I'll flag it.

cheers

Alan Nixon on Twitter. @ReluctantNicko. 

Oldham. Strange going’s on with wages. Some paid while some waiting.  Couple unhappy and looking to go.

He’s a journalist who’s normally spot on about this kind of thing.