New Palyer Due in Today

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Alan Nixon on Twitter. @ReluctantNicko. 

Oldham. Strange going’s on with wages. Some paid while some waiting.  Couple unhappy and looking to go.

He’s a journalist who’s normally spot on about this kind of thing.

Off the top of my head, I think the club ususally pays wages last day or first day of the month.

cheers for the info I will raise it.

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Alan Nixon on Twitter. @ReluctantNicko. 

Oldham. Strange going’s on with wages. Some paid while some waiting.  Couple unhappy and looking to go.

He’s a journalist who’s normally spot on about this kind of thing.

Alot of the time it's guesswork with him, remember there being no chance of Doyle joing.

9 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

We really must have a pissed off insider. We are leaking more than a ladle made in collaboration with an edam factory.

Good news then. Neither of those have holes in them. #emmentalsievegate

25 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Gonna walk the league lads. Abdallah’s minted!

He has Never said he is minted. Gradual he said and will take time. Paying off debts left by corney isn’t going to be sorted over night. Corney has been a disease in the club for the last 13 years. Wind it in with your moaning does get tiring. 

5 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Im confused. Is Baxter the playershare signing? 

It is confusing as the club have not announced he has "signed" either.

Baxter and club have an agreement in principle.

Once the club have announced Baxter or any other player as "signed". The playershare part will be announced shortly after.

Edited by underdog

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

It is confusing as the club have not announced he has "signed" either.

Baxter and club have an agreement in principle.

Once the club have announced Baxter or any other player as "signed". The playershare part will be announced shortly after.

The club have said he has agreed a 1 year deal with a 1 year option. There is also an interview on Player with Wellens were he is asked about the Baxter "signing". Wellens goes on to talk about "the signing" and how he spent all weekend working on it. If that deal is not done and it falls through, how on earth could anyone at the club blame playershare because they named him?

25 minutes ago, oafc1000 said:

The club have said he has agreed a 1 year deal with a 1 year option. There is also an interview on Player with Wellens were he is asked about the Baxter "signing". Wellens goes on to talk about "the signing" and how he spent all weekend working on it. If that deal is not done and it falls through, how on earth could anyone at the club blame playershare because they named him?

Deal signed but not sent to Fa I would think 

23 minutes ago, oafc1000 said:

Maybe your right but I'm not going to be the one that does name the player.  I'm not prepared to piss off all who have worked on the deal or steal the thunder on any promotional work either done by those involved.

Would you take the chance? So I'd best not say anything else now

I'm sure Wellens and the owner are doing their best to off load deadwood and install new players soon.I'm happy that we have kept players who are capable of doing well and are team players,and I especially include in that our younger players who showed passion and pride compared with some other so called experienced players who could not break a swet. Good riddence  to  players who could not bother to put up a fight or show any passion fot the club .I personally don't want to see the likes of Byrne or McLaughlin ever play for us again and am looking forwards to seeing the likes of Hamer and Edmundson go from strength to strength.

36 minutes ago, underdog said:

Maybe your right but I'm not going to be the one that does name the player.  I'm not prepared to piss off all who have worked on the deal or steal the thunder on any promotional work either done by those involved.

Would you take the chance? So I'd best not say anything else now

Fair enough, i wasn't having a pop at you by the way.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Tell us more.

As Nixon has put it..not all players paid, mainly older pros like Clarke who is always one of last in the Q on pay day i’m told. A lot of odd stuff happening and the daily running of the place is on shoe string budget. Some of the things I have been told by a friend are laughable, no envelopes, no basic admin equipment and so on (and yes the fuel in the mower rumour is also true)...I appreciate people will question this and that’s understandable as there can be a lot of hot air spouted on here with little back up. The place is certainly no better off than under the last regime! 

3 hours ago, Fervid said:

Something badly wrong here as haven’t we released a load of lads. So that frees up a fair chunk off cash. 

7 players - Ollie Banks, Mason Fawns, Paul Green, Kallum Mantack, Tope Obadeyi, Abdelhakim Omrani, and Brian Wilson released. 

5 players - Kean Bryan, Kundai Benyu, Ben Pringle, Duckens Nazon, and Eoin Doyle returned to their parent clubs.

I really can’t see AL taking the club on if he’s no better off than Corney. What would be the point?

However, all these little rumours surfacing and reports of people not being paid suggest that he hasn’t a pot to piss in and yet at the same time he agrees a deal with Baxter, and I say agrees because he hasn’t actually signed as of yet.

I hope the extended season ticket offer isn’t just an attempt to get as much money in as possible before pulling the plug but something doesn’t add up.

These rumours must be coming from either someone within the club and/or someone who is seriously trying to stir the shit.