Next Manager Speculation

Here's where I am at with it.

This is one of the biggest appointments in recent years due to our relegation, the fact we are in complete disarray with all the goings on over the last few weeks and the fact we are getting deeper into the summer with a squad to potentially rebuild for a season in the division below.

We needed a manager to grab us by the scruff of the neck and lead the club in the absence of any organisational leadership.

We want someone with intense knowledge of the lower leagues and the players that can get out straight out of this league (the right way). Someone who can completely run the football side of things when things are going wrong on the other side.  Ideally someone with current contacts in the right places.

AL then brings an already unpopular Barry in (back from the dead after finally getting rid of him) to advise on an appointment to get the fans back on side. And we end up with someone who seems to have had the opposite effect.

I'm not writing him off yet and will have my full support but I'm completely uninspired.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

It's true, their first full season under Hill they went up automatically and have finished above us every season since. 

Hope I'm proved to be wrong and obviously I will back the guy but this is the most underwhelmed I've ever been with a managerial appointment at Latics.

More underwhelmed than when LJ was appointed ? I wouldn’t think so. 

2 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

We want someone with intense knowledge of the lower leagues and the players that can get out straight out of this league (the right way).

I possibly hate this nonsensical cliche more than any other - I'd rather have someone who'd never been shit enough to know the lower leagues..... 

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

First proper job as the manager at age 55.....that’s a bit odd isn’t it? 

Although Bunn has a lot of coaching experience, it's a little worrying why no club has offered him a manager's job. The closest he got was joint caretaker manager - with John Harbin - at Coventry City for about a week back in February 2008.

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Bollocks - as Paul Dickov said "there are only 92 of these jobs".... 

Half of which will have changed hands in 12 months time.

Someone like Grayson could probably sit and wait knowing one will cone available probably at atleast L1 level paying better and probably having no interference.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

How do you know that ? 

Picking a manager on the basis of their legendary status doesn't seem like the smart play.

Abdallah seems to be doing things to appease the fans, I'd rather he'd just got the man he wanted, whoever that was.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Picking a manager on the basis of their legendary status doesn't seem like the smart play.

Abdallah seems to be doing things to appease the fans, I'd rather he'd just got the man he wanted, whoever that was.

Fair enough that. I’ll give him the same chance I’d give anyone tho. But do see what you mean. 

Every ex-player who has returned as a manager or a coach in the past few years has turned out to be a right cunt, in the process turning from players I admired into people I really don't like - lets hope Frankie books the trend.

Meh is an understatement. 

Who were people expecting to be appointed?

We're a skint (it would appear..), chaotic, fourth division club. 

Anyone with a decent reputation wouldn't touch us with a barge poll.

I don't think there's many people who could do this job. Best of luck to Frankie (if it is him..) - he's going to bloody need it and is as worthy as anyone for our backing. 

Now there Frankie Bunn I  see your frown
And it's like looking down the barrel of a gun
And it goes off
And out come all these words
Oh there's a very pleasant side to you
A side I much prefer
It's one that laughs and jokes around
Remember cuddles in the kitchen
Yeah, to get things off the ground
And it was up, up and away
Oh, but it's right hard to remember
That on a day like today when you're all argumentative
And you've got the face on

Just now, JoeP said:

Who were people expecting to be appointed?

We're a skint (it would appear..), chaotic, fourth division club. 

Anyone with a decent reputation wouldn't touch us with a barge poll.

I don't think there's many people who could do this job. Best of luck to Frankie (if it is him..) - he's going to bloody need it and is as worthy as anyone for our backing. 

Is he both calling him a no mark and saying he's as worthy as anyone of our backing in the same four line post????

People going on like he doesn't know how to coach players and set a team up to play football he's been doing it longer than our last 4 appointments put together. He's not 30 year old and just cutting his teeth in football. Bunn has been coaching players and setting teams up for years week in week out. Absolute barmy if you thought Grayson or McCall were gonna rock up in lge 2.