Next Manager Speculation

1 minute ago, mickjagger said:

If it is Frankie Bunn we have been on a downward spiral for longer than i care to remember it would be nice to get on a roll again !!!!!!!!

Think Jenny had something to do with it, she may have put some dough in. (Trying to get rid of as many as I can early doors)

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It was preceded by their first promotion since 1970.   Didn’t take them lower, they just returned to their rightful home. 

Their 'rightful home' from which they bounced back instantly with a decent management team.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Still hasnt been officially confirmed this has it?

Lee Sinnott is usually as good as confirmed. I fact when shez was here, I heard he used to message Lee Sinnott to see if the transfer rumours were true.

3 minutes ago, 4froale said:

Lee Sinnott is usually as good as confirmed. I fact when shez was here, I heard he used to message Lee Sinnott to see if the transfer rumours were true.

He usually is yes although every now and again he might get one wrong i.e. Connor Ripley.

I am for the record expecting Bunn to be confirmed tomorrow.

Edited by GlossopLatic

26 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Cheers Barry. Underwhelming verging on worrying decision.

If nothing else I hoped Abdallah would bring in somebody, anybody who'd not been on Corney's list of usual suspects before never mind someone who's a fixture everytime the job's available... 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Oh come on... 

It's true, their first full season under Hill they went up automatically and have finished above us every season since. 

Hope I'm proved to be wrong and obviously I will back the guy but this is the most underwhelmed I've ever been with a managerial appointment at Latics.

Anybody deserves a chance but we are desperate to make an immediate return to Div 1 and it’s not the appointment I’d hoped for.....the pressure on him will be immense from the off and if we are struggling by Christmas like everyone before him he will be gone!!

I’ll support him and I hope he’s a success but I’m very very disappointed and I think it shows that financially AL is not much of a step up from Corney.

I wonder how how much influence Owen had in all this!

Gutted...really gutted? ?