Next Manager Speculation

2 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

You can still get 6/1 for Scholes on slybet. He'd strike me more of a Mark Robins type than a ranter and raver. 

Would he need to rant ?

Surely if, for instance Byrne who is currently a Div 4 midfielder ignored or did not do as instructed by Scholes he would just look a total tit in front of team mates, coaches, fans and the media.

I feel the sort of influence that Scholes would bring could be a major factor in changing the attitude of some of our players who think they are bigger & better than what they are.

If the likes of Byrne & Davies dont want to play for a manager such as Scholes then who else would want them.

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He may make a good manager in time but he would be best served going doing a year or 2s coaching before cutting his teeth as a manager like what Dowie and Sheridan did.

Agree. 

It benefitted Dowie & Shez greatly.

Add in Jimmy Frizzell too

Clarke situation types are 10 a penny, and we've had more than our fair share

Only Big Joe is the exceprion

I don't even count Johnson, talented as he is, he hasn't actually won anything yet 

Edited by singe

Everyone seems to be hearing something. I was told by someone who knows someone, that Frankie Bunn was called in to interview today. Probably as reliable as some other stuff put on here but just thought I'd add my two pence worth. 

5 minutes ago, BJBlue said:

Everyone seems to be hearing something. I was told by someone who knows someone, that Frankie Bunn was called in to interview today. Probably as reliable as some other stuff put on here but just thought I'd add my two pence worth. 

I don't know when, but he is definitely in the running.

Source : his son...

Really doubt it’ll be Scholes now unfortunately as I don’t think the connection is there anymore. He wouldn’t be my choice but I would still rather have Frank Bunn than an unknown foreign coach who has difficulty getting his message across to our British players unless of course there isn’t going to be any!

• Like 1

I was talking to two members of female staff earlier today in Costa, Elk Mill. I had a problem with the WiFi. After helping they asked me to try it. I logged onto OWTB, asking if they were Latics fans. Quite casually they said no but added Paul Scholes had been in talking at length to some bloke or blokes, unforgivably I cant remember which. They said it wasn't a laughing and joking get together.

For me, if it turned out Scholes and Bunn that would be almost perfect in our present situation.