Johan Branger signs

52 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I'm not being negative for the sake of it. If we signed a player of decent calibre then I would be happy and expect good things. This signing only seems to confirm two things. We've not learnt anything from last season and AL will still have control to bring in whoever he wants. How can Bunn have judged him as a footballer from 2 days of fitness training?

"Decent calibre"? That is a purely subjective viewpoint. Players of proven and excellent repute would most possibly not be playing in, or wanting to join a League Two club. How can Latics be that competitive in the signing-on and wages department? Lemsagam was a footballing agent and I would assume he is using his contacts in an attempt to get some decent players in for the club's current status.

We are not privy to training sessions or owner/manager meetings, so we do not know exactly how Bunn has assessed and managed the signing of Branger. We cannot just jump to our own pre-conceived...or maybe ill-conceived...conclusions.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Why will no one engage and tell me why all is fine?

Reports from someone at the training sessions says the squad are in good heart...will that do?

Edited by BP1960

11 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Using that logic, Latics are always going to get the footballing dregs, when it comes to experienced players, because any decent players that are "any good" would have already been picked up. Therefore, Latics get the untried and untested youngsters or the old and possibly past-it players, barring any home-grown talent. Is it possible that a player can fail or shine, dependant upon the other players in the team, the tactics, the manager...the coach...the fans...all of those things, even?

It is possible to watch pretty much any game in Europe these days, this lad has seemingly gone unnoticed for most of his career.

He might tear it up over here and nobody will be more pleased than me if he does, I just happen to think the odds on that happening are very slim.

Right, this has been done to death now.

Let's put it to bed and see how he does.

So to solve it I propose a fee. Everyone put in £1. If he is brilliant, makes more than 15 apps, or generally regarded as a Nepo or better, the fees those who thought he would be a disaster or underwhelmed give their fees to Playershare.

Those who think he needs to be given a chance, thin k he will be fine or could be a hidden but he turns out to be the next Ollie Banks or Menig pay their fee to Playershare.

If you are not prepared to join, then £1 fee to Playershare for every post mentioning him.

I'm sceptical he will prove to be anything so that is where my £1 is going.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Why will no one engage and tell me why all is fine?

Because, to the best of my knowledge, no one has said all is fine, but there are plenty who have said to give everyone a chance before condemning them even though there are some problems. That's the difference. However, if you want to run down every move that the club/owner/manager etc makes, go ahead. At least you'll get plenty of attention.

PS - I find it somewhat ironic that your totally negative attitude is supported by an avatar of the least qualified manager in living memory.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It is possible to watch pretty much any game in Europe these days, this lad has seemingly gone unnoticed for most of his career.

He might tear it up over here and nobody will be more pleased than me if he does, I just happen to think the odds on that happening are very slim.

As an ex scout I've been in this situation many times before, it's because players like David Eyres are snubbed by many clubs simply because of their age.

I had this problem when I recommended Eamon O'Keefe from Mossley many years ago when I was told he was good, but at 26yo far too old.

2 years later he was playing top flight and international football.

I've not seen this French lad, but as soon as I have I'll  give my opinion purely on his ability.

Edited by BP1960

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I hope he does.

Sometimes the ones that go unnoticed are the ones that do the steady jobs in the engine room. 

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can you confirm that all staff have been paid yet?

I have just posted an acknowledgement to another poster on another thread.

I had a response last night but Lee Sinnott has posted an update so I have asked again

thanks

Edited by underdog

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What was your response last night...

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What was your response last night...

thought you weren't posting on here anymore?

and my apologies as I used an incorrect username for you

Edited by underdog

It really is farcical that the Trust can neither deny nor confirm whether the staff at the club have been paid yet on the 4th of the following month. Can I ask how much time you need before you can confirm a basic request or are you protecting the new owner from the wrath of some of our fans.

How as a football club are we going to move forward when the same old problems go on and the Trust seem content to be party to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

he knows me, he can run me over anytime and....if we cant pull the fans bar out of the hat, well he lives on the new clayton houses so all round to Lee's first

Even if I wanted to (which I don't), I would never risk the wrath of your husband by running you over... ;) 

However, Mike Keegan has confirmed I was right...

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Even if I wanted to (which I don't), I would never risk the wrath of your husband by running you over... ;) 

However, Mike Keegan has confirmed I was right...

haha.....I have not seen the Mike Keegan tweet but I am aware of the funds that were coming in but held up.

I am going to call your bluff on your source as it conflicts with the information I have....so I am wondering if we are both right, both wrong or a mix bag of both due to a combination of factors?

you show me yours and ill show you mine?...pm?

Just now, underdog said:

haha.....I have not seen the Mike Keegan tweet but I am aware of the funds that were coming in but held up.

I am going to call your bluff on your source as it conflicts with the information I have....so I am wondering if we are both right, both wrong or a mix bag of both due to a combination of factors?

you show me yours and ill show you mine?...pm?

Don’t be dirty...